Rate your Main Character

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This is likely the wrong place to write it, but yet somehow it's laughable for me trying to 'help' people so that they can do it too without having the need to resort to whining. I just happen to miraculously take a day off to record two hours on how to deal with Akira+some parts of frame data. I haven't even touched DOA in weeks and just happen to get bored one time and say "Huh, I'm seeing posts about having issues dealing with certain characters, maybe I should make a stream/video." - General rant over.

I was trying to help him to go pass that wall and maybe surprise him to find his own unique way to dealing with the unknown.

------------------------------

Back on topic, I rated the characters I use ages ago in this thread but I rate Akira pretty high minus the general lack of personality and ENG VA.

SilverForte

My main:

Genra.

Why did you choose him/her as your main and since when have you been maining him/her?

At first I just tried him out since he kinda looked cool, hooked by his playstyle.

I mained him pretty much ever since doad. If he ever returns to doa I will switch back to him.

What is the thing you like the most about your main?

He shoots lightning and has a frickin lightsaber.

What do you think of your main character's fighting style?

Brutal man, throw loops for days, and the 3t animation where he breaks your neck is amazing.

What is your main character's favourite move? Why?

6T, the basis of his throw loops, but it just looks cool.

What is your main character's least favourite move? Why?

Tyrant 6p. Hey guys, heres a 40f or so move thats -30 on block? Sounds like fun?

Have you ever considered dropping your main character? Why or why not?

Disloyalty to Genra is punishable by death.

Did you have other mains in the past?

Ryu in past doa games, in doa5 I main Mai and Momiji till Genra comes back.

How would you rate your main character personality wise? Do you like his/her personality?

I dunno man, he just sounds cool and has some cool voice lines, that's all I care about.

What do you think of your main character's appearance?

Pretty boss man, the samurai armor is pretty cool.

What do you think of your main character's voice?

Awesome, I think he is also the voice for Tengu, but I believe the va has passed away sadly.

What is your opinion of your main character's music theme(s)?

Pretty dull tbh, not really a fan of it.

What do you think of your main character's fashion sense?

That horned helmet shows impeccable taste.

What is your main's favorite costume? Why?

latest

The black and purple go well with each other.

What is your main's least favourite costume? Why?

latest

Eh, just not a big fan of gold, not a bad color though.

How would you rate your main character's moveset in general? (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Honestly, his moveset isn't very well thought out lol. His entire gameplay revolves around like 4 moves. Basically he has a few god moves and the rest are meh to crap. I'd prob rate it a 3 because of that.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to capitalize on mistakes of the opponent (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Can I rate above a 5? Basically if you guess wrong vs this character you just straight up die. If he lands one 6T on you, the match can be over in a few seconds.

How would you rate your main character in terms of offensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

5, this guy is basically the closest thing doa has to a true grappler. His strikes for the most part are pretty bad. But that throw, that one throw, its all he needs. Plus 6p is a pretty great normal too. Oh yeah and he can true zone with his force lightning, and extremely good tool.

How would you rate your main character in terms of defensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

1, Pretty bad. This is where Genra falters. His fastest strike is 13f. The best thing you can do as Genra, you need to learn how to block and retaliate properly. His few crush moves are also pretty slow, with the fastest one being 17 frames.Thankfully doa has the hold system which help him reset the situation. Plus if he does manage to get a 6p in there or 1p, the tables can turn in a flash.

How would you rate your main character in terms of speed (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

1, his speed is 15/13/17, I think that says it all.

How would you rate your main character in terms of safety (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

5, overall genra is pretty safe, so getting punished isnt really a problem with him, but he's so slow minor disadvantage is a big issue for him, so you never really want to be close anyways unless you're going for a throw.

How would you rate your main character in terms of damage output (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

6. His damage output is ludicrous. 70% combos from a throw are the norm with him lol.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The oboro is not a punish throw.
I know, it's more like a throw though if you know your opponent will throw out a hold. I like 4T because it's more optimal and swift tho, and I don't like her reset one either because of the input, imo Eliot has the best reset out of all the characters in my small character pool.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's 10i but I like it because it does more damage than 6T, plus it's only 3i slower and it's my primary go to for punishing missed holds. I also like how it switches sides which is a nice bonus. I use 236T only near a wall to "cage" my combos or in open space and 5T I use for tic throws or when I'm just antsy. I hardly use 46T since I'm more keen on getting you on the ground so I can back away and 214T I hardly use either, 33T is better.

Brute

Standard Donor
The term "punish throw" generally refers to the fastest unbreakable throw a character uses to punish an unsafe string. Some characters have several (Hayabusa, for example). Kasumi has one. And it's 6T.

Chapstick

It's 10i but I like it because it does more damage than 6T, plus it's only 3i slower and it's my primary go to for punishing missed holds. I also like how it switches sides which is a nice bonus.
Of course it's better if your opponent uses a -11 move but you can't use it if they do something -8 to -10 which will happen more often. I'm not sure what you meant by it being swifter

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The term "punish throw" generally refers to the fastest unbreakable throw a character uses to punish an unsafe string. Some characters have several (Hayabusa, for example). Kasumi has one.
Oh I see, I'm just not partial to 6T, I use 4T only when I can tell a string is THAT unsafe to punish with.
Of course it's better if your opponent uses a -11 move but you can't use it if they do something -8 to -10 which will happen more often. I'm not sure what you meant by it being swifter
I don't really throw punish much outside of stun tho so luckily I haven't ran into that problem XD I just 6P, 2P or P/K so I can interrupt them mid string if I feel the throw isn't fast enough to catch them, I did that once when I played panic, in the final round he tried to 6P and 3PP me to open me up and get a counter but I resisted the urge to throw punish and did 2P followed by 6P which stunned him and then when he threw out a hold I did 4T. I actually got a perfect from that round, I was surprised XD ...and somewhat nervous because I was afraid I pissed him off since I got a perfect and ended the match with a 2H+K after I did PKKK after 236T near the end and then he got up from the wallsplat, but then again I did 2P in the beginning since I was like "If I'm gonna lose I'll at least get one hit.."

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If they pulled a Nyotengu and reintroduced his moves with a new girl, would you main her?
I wouldn't main Genra in DOA5LR unless his style is used on a whole new younger character about Eliot's age and his size or smaller I don't like Genra character wise myself but his style is awesome!

P2p1mbs

I wouldn't main Genra in DOA5LR unless his style is used on a whole new younger character about Eliot's age and his size or smaller I don't like Genra character wise myself but his style is awesome!

I hated fighting him to unlock him since the AI is soooooooooooooo unfair (it wasnt even my character that beat him, my ai partner just got lucky) but once I did get him, I admit he is quite fun to use. Very annoying to fight against if you dont know how to deal with his ranged attacks but he's fun to use.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hated fighting him to unlock him since the AI is soooooooooooooo unfair (it wasnt even my character that beat him, my ai partner just got lucky) but once I did get him, I admit he is quite fun to use. Very annoying to fight against if you dont know how to deal with his ranged attacks but he's fun to use.
I'll sat xD his style would be a welcome addition in LR as long as they refactor and balance him so he's stable and viable in the DOA5 game engine, plus he needs a speed buff -_-

P2p1mbs

I'll sat xD his style would be a welcome addition in LR as long as they refactor and balance him so he's stable and viable in the DOA5 game engine, plus he needs a speed buff -_-

Rachel and Nyotengu have shown that TN is willing to bring back old movelists of characters with newer ones so even if Genra doesnt come back, he has a chance of being replaced by a new character. As I said, most likely a new girl but one that I am sure to like if only due to the play style.

UmbxCrisisx

ummm. I picked momiji cuz i thought she was cute when she was announced for ultimate but i wouldn't play doa5 until 2016 and pick up Rachel and Tina. I have to say they're all easy to pick up characters, but it still takes work to maintain a win streak with them

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD