"Ready to lose?" The Lei Fang Video Thread!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
And it begins!

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ver0.75 (Gamescom Build) LEI FANG - COMBO VIDEO

Another DOA5 combo video , this time featuring Lei Fang. While Lei Fang may not be a hard hitter, Her strength lies in her ability
to parry the opponent not just with Holds, but with Advanced Holds, Offensive holds (Throws with hold properties), Parries, 3 Sabaki moves (Strikes with hold properties) , and a new Stance (Unshu) which also parries High and mid punches as well. She also has a good number of High crushes which can be very helpful in counter hitting the opponent.

In This video, In addition to sit down stuns, you will see Lei Fang perform what is called a "Faint" stun from her (64P), which is yet another UNHOLDABLE stun that leads to guaranteed damage (it looks like as if the opponent is fainting and falling on their back). I also tried to show several combo options from her various parries (some of which are guaranteed and some which aren't).. Lei Fang is also one of the only characters in the game that can land a CRITICAL BURST on the 3rd hit from certain setups and I have shown 2 examples on this in the vid.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining.

Thank you!.

Einzelkind

Nice video. So, ever since I saw her 2p+k ( looks like it's now also a part of a string with 3p4p) give a rebounce during a juggle (for example at 1:56) I have wondered if you could freecancel after the bounce and follow up with 9kkk, 46p or something like that. I guess that doesn't work, does it?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Nice video. So, ever since I saw her 2p+k ( looks like it's now also a part of a string with 3p4p) give a rebounce during a juggle (for example at 1:56) I have wondered if you could freecancel after the bounce and follow up with 9kkk, 46p or something like that. I guess that doesn't work, does it?

Unfortunately you cant ...I tried everything after that bounce ... its just not high enough like other ground bounces ...
She used to be able to do a lot more in the E3 build but she got toned down quite a bit :/
Don't know about the final build though

Einzelkind

Oh well, I really don't like that they're taking options away again after introducing them in earlier builds. But it still looks like she's way more fun to play than in 4 and bursting in three hits is pretty dope. I guess her new parry stance will take a while to master. Especially judging wether you get something guaranteed of it or not in that moment. Or maybe it just sounds complicated on paper.

Chaos

I just notice some of her moves were tone down, :( great video but sad to watch. :3: :K: :P: was my favorite move to do when
the opponent is juggled in the air but now it looks terrible.....i'm disappointed. :(

GLoRToR

Looking forward to this. She looks solid.
Questions:
- What's her fastest launcher?
- Is it her best launcher?
- Otherwise, what are her strengths and weaknesses?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Hey Guys! OK Question answering time.. :)

Is the 3 hit critical burst only off of a parry?
Yeah .. seems that way.. doesn't work on counter or high counter. I guess in a sense it considers the Unshu parry the 1st move..

The BT setup however, 4P>(BT)P+K>Burst works in any senario

Oh, one more important question: Does her 8p finally have real sidestep properties?

Nope, not that I'm aware of.
She does slightly go to the side of whichever leg she has forward but not enough to be a true sidestep.

Looking forward to this. She looks solid.
Questions:
- What's her fastest launcher?
- Is it her best launcher?
- Otherwise, what are her strengths and weaknesses?

Fastest: (counter)6K, 7K and her (BT) 4K .. all 14 frame start up
Best ? : No
- (counter) 6K doesnt give you good height not even on threshold and is a high strike
- 7K only gives you guaranteed follow up on counter hit, is a high strike and puts you in BT and for that it kinda limits your follow up despite the height being good on counter hit.
- (BT) 4K gives you decent height but I wouldn't call it good because it requires you to be in BT stance. (its a mid K though which is nice)

I say her best would be ...
- (counter)8K (15 frame start up, High, great launch potential, best damage)
- (counter)66K (18 frame start up, mid K, great launch height, and great for following up after faint stun, but very easily punishable after sitdown)
- (counter)P+K (15 frames, not good in a sense that its countered high and mid K and the launch from it is kinda shit, however, it is the ideal launcher after a sitdown stun and you get better height from that particular situation )

I personally also like (counter)(crouch)3P. its not exactly the greatest or the fastest (19 frame startup), but because its a mid launcher from crouch so it works as a good high crush. But you REALLY need to know how to use it ... (use with caution)

Hmm...
Strengths: She is the parry queen (read the video description lol), has a shit ton of crushes, 1P+K is just... beautiful, quick ability to reach burst. she ia also grappler status (faster throws than the rest). has a reliable faint stun.

Weaknesses: Normal damage output is not that great, but she makes up for it with everything else. Also, in a weird sense she can be slightly lamed out because if she wants to attempt to open someone up she needs to take a bit of a gamble.. but I guess that could be said about everyone to a degree.. her sitdown stuns are also very slow (mainly 2P+K) so they're kinda easy to read and in most cases predictable ( 3P4P is the 2nd hit in a string ...and (BT)P+K requires you to enter BT first )

I hope this answers your questions guys :)

if you got any more let me know. :)

GLoRToR

Thanks. I guess I need to understand the game from the ground up to be able to assess and ask questions. So far she seems like an uber turtle to me with all the counter strengths and parries. Does she have any good offensive game?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Thanks. I guess I need to understand the game from the ground up to be able to assess and ask questions. So far she seems like an uber turtle to me with all the counter strengths and parries. Does she have any good offensive game?
she has a great offensive game ..
her offensive holds (throws with hold properties ) are really good .
like I said before the high crush game messes people up.
In most cases she can play on the system after she gets in that first stun for some guaranteed damage either by launcher, sitdown or faint stun ..not to mention those few setups where she can get early burst ...

Dont worry ;)

Lobo

I'm guessing for the 7PKK to CB, you have to start with 7P and not the regular P, correct? I know 7P gives a stun, but it's a lot slower than her standing P and the little step back she does is not really all that evasive to make up for the speed loss.

PKK to CB would be sick.

Also, is her 2K a sit-down stun? It sure looked liked one in the 8P combo you did.

GLoRToR

she has a great offensive game ..
her offensive holds (throws with hold properties ) are really good .
like I said before the high crush game messes people up.
In most cases she can play on the system after she gets in that first stun for some guaranteed damage either by launcher, sitdown or faint stun ..not to mention those few setups where she can get early burst ...

Dont worry ;)
Not really a worry, more just... trying to figure out what's what. When I kick ass in a miniskirt I want to be sure I've got the grip on my game! :D

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Since Gamescom is not the last build, i wonder if the final build is better? Also, whats up with her :3::K::P: during the air juggle?
The opponent doesn't even roll a cross the stage like a bowling ball anymore. :( this is one of the most stupidest nerfs I ever seen.

I don't see it as a nerf if you ask me .. I think its fine.. :/
Stop worrying guys .. in a week we'll all tear this game apart and figure it out ;)

Chaos

I don't see it as a nerf if you ask me .. I think its fine.. :/
Stop worrying guys .. in a week we'll all tear this game apart and figure it out ;)
I wanted to ask you, how do you feel about the controls? Are you very please about the input timing or are you disappointed?
I remember you post that these 10 hit combos are harder to pull off.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I wanted to ask you, how do you feel about the controls? Are you very please about the input timing or are you disappointed?
I remember you post that these 10 hit combos are harder to pull off.
The controls are fine, the input buffering and free canceling is there and everything .. the difficulty comes in having to more or less commit ...

For example, in leifangs case, if you do her Faint stun (counter)64P, you HAVE to do 66K straight after with no hesitation or you would be too late and the opponent would drop down you cant just eye ball it.. you have to kind of commit. of course there are easier follow ups but they aren't launchers and you would have to risk your next attack being held. same thing with certain air juggles, for max damage you gotta know what you're doing. you cant just eye ball it... I dunno if that makes sense ..

Im happy with the inputs actually, and I am more happy that I can turn sidestepping into 2/8 H+P+K which is the VF style of sidestepping. It just feels more comfortable for me as its also the alpha demo style..and from what people have been reporting, 22/88 sidesteps can sometimes interfere with input buffers... hasn't really happened to me but I just prefer 2/8H+P+K
:)

I'm guessing for the 7PKK to CB, you have to start with 7P and not the regular P, correct? I know 7P gives a stun, but it's a lot slower than her standing P and the little step back she does is not really all that evasive to make up for the speed loss.

PKK to CB would be sick.

Also, is her 2K a sit-down stun? It sure looked liked one in the 8P combo you did.

yeah it has to be 7PKK as the 7P becomes the starter stun.

as for 2K, no its not a sit down, but its still a trip stun on counter hit.. you can hold after it.

But trip stuns are valuable this time around because trip stuns put the opponent in crouch state and some moves change their stun properties vs crouching opponents into sitdown stuns! like Rig's 66K for example... on a standing opponent its not a sit down stun, but on crouching it is...

Bayman for example has a trip stun and his 3K becomes a sit down stun on a crouching opponent as well ... so you can imagine how deadly that combination could be .. Trip, sitdown, fast launch, juggle, ouch! XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD