DOA5LR "Relax Ayane-chan!" - Ayane Casual Discussion

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
2lbezcw.jpg

This thread will be used to unwind from all of our usual intense in-game discussions. This will be our oasis away from the bone breaking, skull crushing, somehow able to toss people 50 ft in the air from holding mid kick battles, lol.

Yes, that's right, this will be our casual discussion thread for our purple haired smart mouthed, cocky, badass herione that is Ayane.

Some rules though;

1) No post spamming of any kind (meaning DO NOT double post often or say the same thing you've posted before, over and over again).
2) NSFW content of any kind is NOT allowed here. Ecchi is okay, but nothing with nip slips or worse, or I'll have it deleted.
3) Pictures, video content, and links are totally allowed as long as they are SFW.
4) You must like the color purple. >:3

Enjoy yourselves and have fun!

Last edited:

Dark_Ky

is anyone else cheating on her? :ayane:

as much as i like her, she doesnt really fit my playstyle. i usually prefer chars with good mixups (sarah, helena) and considering the fact that she is going be nerfed exactly where it affects my playstyle sucks..

dunno.. at his rate she might even end up beeing my secondary.. but i am afraid beeing treated as a traitor by the hajinmon dojo and end up like this lol

235307-doa1.jpg

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
is anyone else cheating on her? :ayane:

as much as i like her, she doesnt really fit my playstyle. i usually prefer chars with good mixups (sarah, helena) and considering the fact that she is going be nerfed exactly where it affects my playstyle sucks..

dunno.. at his rate she might even end up beeing my secondary.. but i am afraid beeing treated as a traitor by the hajinmon dojo and end up like this lol

View attachment 4042

She's more buffed than she is nerfed in 1.04.

Also, Ayane actually has very solid mix ups for pressure (and for Critical stun but she excels so well at stun > launch also). I've been finishing my list for block string and neutral pressure. Her mix ups are not totally string heavy like Helena or Hitomi.

Tenryuga

I qualify because I like the color purple. Ayane can go die in a fire though; Hire the Tenjinmon sect to do that shit.

:hayate::kasumi:

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
she doesnt really fit my playstyle. i usually prefer chars with good mixups (sarah, helena) and considering the fact that she is going be nerfed exactly where it affects my playstyle sucks..
dunno.. at his rate she might even end up beeing my secondary..
lol

I wish Ayane was smart-mouthed. I really do...

Kronin

She used to be.. sorta. But then in DOA5 she went through a drastic personality change apparently and became a bratty teen.

Actually the change happened with DoA Dimensions, however I think that NG3 showned pretty clearly like Ayane use different sides of her personalities according to the people that has around (exactly like already seen in the past DoA games).

UpSideDownGRUNT

Aya-Chan isn't my thing in DOA anymore, I pretty much only play her casually against bots and stuff. But she is a BEAST in NG3:RE though I think I've played Ayane almost as much as Hayabusa xD

I'm also one of the very few people that actually likes the bobble hat on C4 and C6...

Also, to commemorate my posting here:
Ayane 1.jpg

one of the best costumes she has :rolleyes:

Female Tengu

Whoever decided to change Ayane's personality needs to be fired.

hm, what? I never noticed a drastic change on her personality. When she talks to Eliot she pretty much acts on the same way when she talked to Helena in DOA2. Her whole gesticulation. And the scene with Zack in the helicopter...just lol. I liked that xD
And her "great" winning pose is soooo Ayane.

But tbh, she barely had any conversations or interactions with other characters. She was more sidekick of Hayate than an actual character with a story in DOA5. Most of the time she was fighting or just saying nothing when Hayates was by her side.

At least it got better with DOA5. What Kronin said, her changes in DOAD, really annoyed me, just like the whole remix of the story events, which is totally nonsense. In my eyes DOAD simply isn't canon. And it wasn't a good DOA game either. It just sucked.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
hm, what? I never noticed a drastic change on her personality. When she talks to Eliot she pretty much acts on the same way when she talked to Helena in DOA2. Her whole gesticulation. And the scene with Zack in the helicopter...just lol. I liked that xD
And her "great" winning pose is soooo Ayane.

But tbh, she barely had any conversations or interactions with other characters. She was more sidekick of Hayate than an actual character with a story in DOA5. Most of the time she was fighting or just saying nothing when Hayates was by her side.

At least it got better with DOA5. What Kronin said, her changes in DOAD, really annoyed me, just like the whole remix of the story events, which is totally nonsense. In my eyes DOAD simply isn't canon. And it wasn't a good DOA game either. It just sucked.
The drastic change of her personality change can be seen in DOAD (everywhere), & in her DOA5 intro & outro poses. She's gone from "I will crush anyone who stands in my way." to "Let's see how strong you are.", and "Did you see the darkness of 'Hajin Mon'?" to "The match is decided.". Also, they made her such a brat in DOAD & DOA5. If I remember correctly, she used to be more mature than that and colder, or whatever.

The fact that she was made into a side character in DOA5 still angers me I do not speak of it.

It didn't really get.. better imo, like maybe 10% better. DOAD......................... I don't think Team Ninja even knows what happened in their own games. If I remember correctly, Ayane fought Hayate to get to Genra & killed him single-handedly in DOA3. But apparently in DOAD Christie & Irene showed up, and Hayate & Hayabusa helped defeat Genra. Like, no.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD