DOA5LR "Relax Ayane-chan!" - Ayane Casual Discussion

Kronin

Another thing I've adopted from a DOA veteran recently, is the Offbeat style, from Offbeat Ninja (the real one, not that fake). Which is to play an extremely lame/turtle style that will literally not allow the opponent to do "anything" to you. Because you are not near them. When done right, you are putting a crazy amount of pressure on the opponent because they will get impatient and rush in.

I agree with all your post and in particular I like this mentione about Offbeat Ninja that you made: I liked his gameplay even when I didn't play Ein, his matches against Master remain again my favourite one. And it's paradoxical how the concept of pressure is indirectly applied through a turtle gaming: I loved overall this from his style!

lol, wait. That ban actually made it trough?

It's still a soft ban that actually I think can be applied only during the streamings (so not during the early phases of the tournament that we can't see from home), but anyway...

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think it's funny how in 2D fighters, it's seen as a legit strategy to actually run away from the opponent and get a Time Over, yet in 3D, it's considered a cowardly tactic. My thing is, a ninja is supposed to play keep away unless they have to get up close and personal. That's why the ninjas in the game have the spacing tools and ninja tricks (Ayane's spins, Kasumi and Hayabusa's teleports, Hayate's side steps). Plus, it's just fun to 1P+K and 7P/i9 all day, everyday. Lol

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
It's not a cowardly tactic. Most players in this game just have a scrubby mindset.
If you're not allowing someone to dial-in buttons in your face to death in lag, then it's considered cowardly.

Most of the time I play online, I am just beating people down by letting them hang themselves and just playing a neutral game. I barely do anything specific online, lol.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think I discovered how I like to use Ayane: as a spacing/zoning character. I like using her spins and flips, making opponents come to me, using her long legs to space out people. I don't like being up close and personal, so I'd rather get far away and punish opponents for their mistakes.

ShinMaruku

I tend to stay away too. But I see the value of switching it and staying close to crush some moves and start up my offense that way. She has so much launches that sometimes mid match I think it would be wise to just switch it up and rush in and make them do something stupid.

LunaXii

I too have been switching it up with my Ayane, I'm now trying some up close stuff and I've been confusing people and making them think I'm going to do something else. That method also has been helping me in my Kokoro training as well.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It really depends on what kind of character I'm facing. If it's grapplers or characters like Momiji or Rachel, I space. Most other characters, I try to stay mid range.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I think I discovered how I like to use Ayane: as a spacing/zoning character. I like using her spins and flips, making opponents come to me, using her long legs to space out people. I don't like being up close and personal, so I'd rather get far away and punish opponents for their mistakes.

Except you don't this, you just back away and try to use drill kick and 4P2K, lol.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Except you don't this, you just back away and try to use drill kick and 4P2K, lol.
Bye-Bitch.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD