Remix?

Kronin

If I'm not wrong, was grap3fruitman behind this project, I remember the thread on Doacentral... I'd liked to see it complete...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There were primarily two modders on the project.

The decision was made to drop it because it just wasn't enough manpower to mod everything. The mods required to fix the game system as they wanted were too difficult to find. Additionally, distributing the mod would have been no easy task as it would have required a modded xbox 360 or for a person to send in their harddrive to install the modded game to that harddrive. Originally, when you ran a game install from the harddrive Microsoft would just check to see that the sku ids matched then run from the harddrive. This allowed you to play a modded game while it thought it was the vanilla disc. That was changed shortly after once Microsoft realized it. Also, you wouldn't have been able to go online with it because the online 4.1 patch would download and take priority.

The modders found it easier to just mod DOA3 instead of trying to make DOA4 more like DOA3. However, again, the low man power really just grinded it to a halt.

I know that the DOA2 Online modders have been working on importing DOA3 costumes and stages to DOA2O. I wish they'd be interested in importing DOA3/4 move lists and animations.

One benefit of the mod for DOA3 and DOA4 was that it allowed the modders to find all of the frame data for a character, including moves that didn't make it into the final list. For example, it proved that Leon's :3::3::P: was -2 instead of +0 on guard in DOA4, and Hayate's :3::3::K::K: was +1 instead of +2 on guard in DOA4. The ability to grab the frame data of DOA3.0 and DOA3.2 was also a benefit. I believe grap3 has been working on his own to get frame data for all the DOAs up on the wiki.

Kronin

Maybe I'm wrong then, I remember something like Grap3fruitman accidentally losing the data on his HD like main reason for the dropping of the project, probably I confuse different events.

About the import of moveset in DOAOL, actually exist the files to import the moves of Genra, Christie, BradWong and Hayate on DOAOL. Anyway the compatibility is not perfect, last time I checked there were crashes (but maybe now this was fixed judging by the video of DOA2LE) and imputs that automatically makes infinite damage to the opponent XD

See here:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
yeah looks about right. The move imports aren't the same. I know that the legs of the models are coded differently, and you can't just plop an old character in there.

The place where the moves are listed in the data has various variable columns that affected the camera, attack property on hit, counter hit, guard, damage, lift, relaunch, back turned, etc. Very difficult to do with only two people.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
No. I don't want to work on it for the reasons listed above. I can't really address the real issues the game has with the tools we have. So, unless someone wants to learn PPC assembly we're kind of screwed. Even then, if you could fix it, how would you distribute it to other people to play? Only people with j-tagged systems could play.

Nightpup

It's a dead project that some modders were doing to fix DOA4.

<Insert YT Here>
Going slightly off-topic here, I'm more interested in what the hell that amazing music was. I want it. Badly. Oh, and those juggles were cool, too. A bit too much, though; it looked like Virtua Fighter.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD