Resident Evil

Kris Emery

Does anyone her like the Resident Evil series? My personal favorite RE game is either outbreak or RE3. My favorite character from the games, I would say is Sheva. Even tho I'll never see her again after 5. With the demo out for RE7 are there any RE fans here?

Giannola

Does anyone her like the Resident Evil series? My personal favorite RE game is either outbreak or RE3. My favorite character from the games, I would say is Sheva. Even tho I'll never see her again after 5. With the demo out for RE7 are there any RE fans here?
I love the re series.
Shevas my char too in 5 mainly due to her being lefty and I got used to it..I'd also like to see Sheva return, in some way even if only in some kinda side mode like mercenaries or raid.

Brute

Standard Donor
RE5 is actually one of my favorite games, and I'm delighted to finally have it back on PS4 (shame about the framerate issues, however). I've 100%ed that game more times than I can count, and am looking forward to doing so again.

Don't care for the RE7 demo, personally. I think I might if I had VR, but as is it's pretty damn boring. Some people seem happy that Resident Evil is trying to be scary again, but they're not really succeeding so I can't really give them that as a plus.

Darkslay

My favorite game is RE4, simply because it's a perfect game, not much else to say about it. I have played every version of it to date, and every single time is as fun as the last.

Aside from that, RE Remake and RE2 are pretty damn good as well.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
"The RE7 demo has four or more endings! And everything in it has a purpose!"

Within a month and after millions of hours of trying to find a use for the axe and dummy finger...

"We were lying about everything having a use as of right now because we will be updating the demo soonish so everything actually does. Oh, and the four endings we were talking about? Three of them are the individual phone conversations."

Never been so pissed off at a company after hearing about that.

Anyway, fan of the series. Looking forward to 7 regardless of the fuck up the demo is.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
RE5 is actually one of my favorite games, and I'm delighted to finally have it back on PS4 (shame about the framerate issues, however).

It was one of my favorites too. Bought the remaster for PS4 without much thought...and I wished I hadn't. The game feels so old-fashioned and janky now. Chris doesn't just look like a tank, he also moves like one. XD After the first couple of chapters I gave up. Just couldn't get into it anymore.

"The RE7 demo has four or more endings! And everything in it has a purpose!"

Within a month and after millions of hours of trying to find a use for the axe and dummy finger...

"We were lying about everything having a use as of right now because we will be updating the demo soonish so everything actually does. Oh, and the four endings we were talking about? Three of them are the individual phone conversations."

Never been so pissed off at a company after hearing about that.

That is kinda shitty. XD It's like they didn't anticipate people actually really throwing themselves into this to find the right ending.
A week later in a Capcom meeting: "Guys, we have a problem! o _ O People are actually not as lazy or dumb as we thought... We will have to come up with an actual ending of the demo ASAP involving the random dummy finger and axe we threw in there just for the lulz."

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
glad i didn't bother wasting my time with it. i play Resident Evil for the gameplay so just being scary is no reason for me to try the demo. what i want from a main game Resident Evil is to drain my resources as i fight through the undead and BOWs not send me into panic attacks all month when i try to sleep. hopefully RE7 can do that because i was very uninterested in what the trailer and demo had to offer.

it sucks that instead of remaking a new Mercenaries game for the console they've decided to waste their time on ORC and Umbrella Corps. when i eventually get RE5 again thats mostly what im going to be playing.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
RE5, RE6 & Rev 2 are my favourites. I prefer gameplay over "scares" (if I cared I'd play Silent Hill), and these 3 all have solid gameplay and are a blast online. RE1 & RE2 are my favourites stories however...

Don't like the direction RE7 is moving in.

Argentus

My favorites are Outbreak and Operation Raccoon City.

Favorite characters right now are Rita, Tweed, and Moira.

Pissed off at re7 and Umbrella Corps though.

Re7 is trying too much to be Outlast, when re has always been an action series even since the first game. Its not pure horror and they shouldn't pretend it is.

Umbrella corps has no point when they could've made an ORC 2 and continue off the cliffhanger.

I'm hoping the RE2Make includes stuff from Outbreak and Orc in it. Like showing the Outbreak survivors already passed through, the cop guys locker, and showing Echo Six were the ones fighting the Tyrants in the factory, as depicted in ORC (in the original it was just generic soldiers), and maybe show signs Wolfpack is in the background :)

(Cue people hating on ORC without being able to come up with any valid reasons)

The main games actually bore me except when I'm playing co op. Way too much back and forth fetching in the originals and I couldn't enjoy 4 because of how clunky a shooter it was.

LOVE the characters and lore though.

I so wish wish they would HD Outbreak with online enabled...

I despise Revelations for being designed around two characters like 5 and 6 yet not having co op.

Brute

Standard Donor
It was one of my favorites too. Bought the remaster for PS4 without much thought...and I wished I hadn't. The game feels so old-fashioned and janky now. Chris doesn't just look like a tank, he also moves like one. XD After the first couple of chapters I gave up. Just couldn't get into it anymore.
Haven't had much time to play it, but burned through the first few chapters quickly.

Had more fun playing it than any other game I've played this year.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I have played almost all the RE games, the only ones I've never played is RE Gaiden, Dead Aim the Outbreak games, Mercs 3D, ORC and Umbrella Corps.

Favourites of the main games has to be RE2 and Code Veronica(X), super hyped about RE2make.

I also like RE4, REmake, RE3, RE Zero, REvelations 1&2 and RE6 but only Leon and Ada's campaigns the rest is kinda dumb butfun if you have a co op partner.

Also my favourite characters are Claire and Rebecca

Argentus

Haven't had much time to play it, but burned through the first few chapters quickly.

Had more fun playing it than any other game I've played this year.

Sometimes its just what you love.

Like I've been getting HD remasters and PS2 games for my ps4 and playing those more than the actual new ps4 games.

Been playing the heck out of borderlands, dynasty warriors, dark cloud, etc.

Doubt I'll get re5 unless I have someone to co op it with. No fun to solo for me.

Also side note. I hate how RE6 doesn't let you use the alternate costumes in story mode.

Brute

Standard Donor
Also side note. I hate how RE6 doesn't let you use the alternate costumes in story mode.
Or let you pick weapon loadouts. The actual in-game controls were improved in some good ways in 6, but structurally the game was just a mess. Never got into it the same way I did with 5.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Or let you pick weapon loadouts. The actual in-game controls were improved in some good ways in 6, but structurally the game was just a mess. Never got into it the same way I did with 5.
I agree, control-wise RE6 is by far the best, but the narrative is awful (The actual story is decent enough when you connect the events).

Kris Emery

RE5 is actually one of my favorite games, and I'm delighted to finally have it back on PS4 (shame about the framerate issues, however). I've 100%ed that game more times than I can count, and am looking forward to doing so again.

Don't care for the RE7 demo, personally. I think I might if I had VR, but as is it's pretty damn boring. Some people seem happy that Resident Evil is trying to be scary again, but they're not really succeeding so I can't really give them that as a plus.
You should help me beat vet mode

I agree, control-wise RE6 is by far the best, but the narrative is awful (The actual story is decent enough when you connect the events).

Re6 had soo much potential its something about 6 that makes it hard 4 me to like

Last edited by a moderator:

Argentus

I only really ever use one weapon anyway so it didn't bother me too much.

I kinda miss upgrading weapons but meh.

Leons campaign was amazing.

Adas boss was cool.

Chris was the most boring campaign.

Sherrys....its 50/50. Total shit if you play as Jake, kinda fun if you play as Sherry.

My main problem with RE5 is aside from a couple bosses there's no monsters. You are just running around shooting regular guys.

Re4 I only played a couple hours of before getting bored so I c ant say too much on that.

Kris Emery

I only really ever use one weapon anyway so it didn't bother me too much.

I kinda miss upgrading weapons but meh.

Leons campaign was amazing.

Adas boss was cool.

Chris was the most boring campaign.

Sherrys....its 50/50. Total shit if you play as Jake, kinda fun if you play as Sherry.

My main problem with RE5 is aside from a couple bosses there's no monsters. You are just running around shooting regular guys.

Re4 I only played a couple hours of before getting bored so I c ant say too much on that.

How'd you get bored of 4 wth? I will say with 5 one thing I didn't like was that the games storyline was like it was in one whole day which is unrealistic. Where as in 4 there were night scenes. I feel like it would've made the game more terror based if there were night scenes in Africa . I also think it would've been cool if they had mutant rats lol

Brute

Standard Donor
I will say with 5 one thing I didn't like was that the games storyline was like it was in one whole day which is unrealistic. Where as in 4 there were night scenes. I feel like it would've made the game more terror based if there were night scenes in Africa .
At least two days, actually. It's dusk/night time during the Humvee level, returns to day time at the water-boat/village level, then becomes dusk/night time again when you pursue Wesker on the ship/jet.

Argentus

How'd you get bored of 4 wth? I will say with 5 one thing I didn't like was that the games storyline was like it was in one whole day which is unrealistic. Where as in 4 there were night scenes. I feel like it would've made the game more terror based if there were night scenes in Africa . I also think it would've been cool if they had mutant rats lol
Got bored of 4 because of super clunky controls and tedious combat. Villagers are just "kneecap, kick, repeat", no cool enemies (at least as far as I got), and tank controls are never fun.

Didn't help that i didn't play it till years after release and it hasn't aged well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD