Community Rev It Up Interview Series #2 - Ultima Ivanov

Hurricane Rev

rev-it-up-interview.png
The Ultimate Rev It Up Interview Series is back for the second time where I interview people who are a part of the gaming community, whether they are casual/competitive gamers or Game Journalists and who are well known in their community.

For this weeks interview series, I had a pleasure to interview Ivan, aka @ULTIMa Ivanov , who has a really big passion for gaming and he is a top Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate player from Italy. A few months back in July, He won the Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate tournament that happened at London Anime & Gaming Con with his Really Good Christie Play. Additionally, his first ever event/tournament that he took part in was at our very own Ultimate Power Launcher 2 event, which happened last year December and He came 2nd for his first ever tournament which is an amazing achievement for his first tournament!

rev-it-up-interview-2.png

Revell – Tell me a bit about yourself

Ivan – My name is Ivan and I’m 26 years old. I was born and brought up in Italy. Last year I moved to England where I work as a civil engineer. Other than video games my biggest passion is swimming.

Revell – How did you get into gaming?

Ivan – Video games attract me since I was very little. I guess it’s because I enjoy challenges. My very first home console was the NES and I currently have an XBOX360. Dead or Alive is definitely my favourite fighting game but I’ve played quite a lot of games. A game I enjoyed playing a lot is Final Fantasy VII (VIII and IX as well), where part of my gamertag comes from.

Revell – Now you play Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate and your main character that you play with is Christie. What kind of things do you like about her?

Ivan – Tough question. Well, I would say that when she made her debut back in DOA3 what I first like d of her were both her appearence and her fighting style (they kind of match greatly in my opinion). Other than that I really enjoy playing as her. Since DOA5 came out she has got some new great tools, so I’m always training to learn what she is fully capable of.

Revell – You was the winner of the Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate Tournament at London Anime & Gaming Con a few weeks ago. Did you think that you would do well in the tournament?

Ivan – Well, it is hard to tell really. In the end I think it’s all about putting yourself to the test and being able to put in practise what you know about the game. I always do my best and try to give all I’ve got of course but at the same time I am well aware there are players far more skilled than me. So it’s not always all about winning but rather learning from your mistakes & from other players and trying your best to improve.

Revell – You was originally an Online player but you’ve made it to some DOA events in London. What do you think of the atmosphere & community at those events and would you recommend to players/people to come to the events?

Ivan – My very first DOA tournament was The Ultimate Power Launcher 2 In London. That was also my first offline experience actually. I think tournaments are always a lot of fun, despite of the competition behind them. For instance it’s great to meet players who you usually play online with and to get to know them or simply to have a chat with them. Unfortunately in Italy no DOA tournaments are hold, so since I moved to England I’m trying to make it to as many events as I can. Hence I would highly recommend to people to come to the events, both you like to meet new people and you are interested in having an offline gaming experience.

Revell – Other than DOA, is there any other games that you play?
Ivan – To be honest I’ve been recently playing quite a lot of arcade games that you can buy from the Marketplace. I find them very fun and quick, especially if you don’t have much free time to dedicate to a game.

Revell – Are there any upcoming games that you are looking forward to?

Ivan – As a DOA fan I’m really looking forward to seeing a brand new Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round on Xbox One/PS4. Other than that I would say that the new Tekken 7 caught my attention.

Revell – Any shout out that you would like to say or a special mention to anyone?

Ivan – Firstly I would like to thank you for the interview and for the great work you’re doing to promote the gaming scene in the UK. It was definitely great to meet some Europe players who I usually play with on Xbox Live and I hope to see more coming to the next events. I reckon there are very good players in Europe and I feel like thanking all of them as they have taught me a lot, especially my friends from Italy Ufle, Regic, Bad Aphrodite, PROphet Velle, XBaCco and La Matta.
———

Source: http://revitupproject.co.uk/2014/09/12/rev-it-up-interview-series-2-ultima-ivanov/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD