Reveal Your Inner Self! DOA characters that you can relate your life with?

Rawbietussin

We see each other on different forums and threads, post in one or gazillion topics, agree if you like what someone has said or in the worse case, argue if you're not used to such thoughts that they blurted out but it's not like there isn't a way for us to have new-found respect for each other, right?

Lets try shedding some light and expose what's underneath the mask of every DOA gamer but to add some "dramatic effects", let us use the characters as our representations of these experiences. It can be what you had went through in the past or what you're dealing with as of now. It can also be similar traits and attributes that both you and that character shares. I want to know a different side of you, for all of us to get to know each other a lot better.

What I do ask of everyone is to be true, to be open-minded and to respect each and everyone's interpretations. Don't bash people for their differences or for the way they used this character as an interpretation or representation of their experiences. That is all.

With that said, I shall start... The characters I can related my life with are:
:kokoro: :kasumi: :ayane: :helena:

:kokoro: - I had a very sheltered upbringing. I never had much of a say to speak my mind out and never objected my parents even if I can't meet up my father's high expectations. I was also a prim and proper, goody two-shoes through and through. I'd say it's still had manifested up till now.

:kasumi: - I was showered with love and affection from parents and relatives (to the point in which my father explicitly shown to my older brother his favoritism towards me), had someone do stuff for me and spoon-fed life a little easier with all the care and support I received just like how Kasumi was treated as a princess in her childhood.

:ayane: - Coming out of the closet at about 7, I tend to be easily abused, bullied and get picked up on at school or with my older brother because of my mannerism so growing up wasn't very easy for me and people underestimated my abilities. By high school, I tried to make a stand and excel in my studies (not to the point of being a straight A student by the way, just decent to good grades), I even strive harder by college just to maintain my scholarship such as how Ayane would prove to herself and to others that she is better than those whom had shunned her. I was also a bit angsty and most of the time, always had to put on a cold exterior during those times to the point of almost being the bully myself so as to prove that I can be tough, a complete 360 degrees from my childhood personality.

:helena: - I was raised as Christian and loves my mother the most. I can't say I'm truly wealthy but a bit above most average families because of shares from a company, lands and other inheritance that my father left us. My father died in a car ambush while on his way to work and at the moment, I am finalizing my business plan to be a franchisee with my mother and my older brother (yes, we finally settled our differences aside after 18 years of nonsensical sibling rivalry over attention ever since I was born) as my business partners. Like Helena, I'm also a bit of an eccentric dresser myself back then in which I tend to dress up very different from what others wear like choosing printed fabrics that isn't the common plains, stripes and plaids, over-accessorizing and mix-and-match bright colors over earthy-tone colors. Most of it changed over time as I dress up more casual these days with typical jeans and loafers but still using some of the elements.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

<3. That was so touching :).
I'm more like Tina and Lisa
:lisa: - I am very smart but I hide it under all of the silly things I do. (Just like Lisa being disguised as La Mariposa)
:tina: Just like Tina, I'm extremely confident in every single thing I do :)

Rawbietussin

<3. That was so touching :).
I'm more like Tina and Lisa
:lisa: - I am very smart but I hide it under all of the silly things I do. (Just like Lisa being disguised as La Mariposa)
:tina: Just like Tina, I'm extremely confident in every single thing I do :)

Thanks and thank you very much for sharing that.

I know not a lot of Lisas who can still be silly underneath her serious self.

AkaShocka

Thanks and thank you very much for sharing that.

I know not a lot of Lisas who can still be silly underneath her serious self.
Well, my good friend, it doesn't take much to be silly and all. Just don't be afraid to be who you are :). If you can't be silly then don't :). But I am also alot like Ayane but I refuse to think of my past, I just hate thinking 'bout it...

Rawbietussin

Well, my good friend, it doesn't take much to be silly and all. Just don't be afraid to be who you are :). If you can't be silly then don't :). But I am also alot like Ayane but I refuse to think of my past, I just hate thinking 'bout it...

I see. I can still say my angsty Ayane side hasn't really toned down either but at least I'm learning how to be more friendlier again so I guess that's another add on the Helena trait.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

I see. I can still say my angsty Ayane side hasn't really toned down either but at least I'm learning how to be more friendlier again so I guess that's another add on the Helena trait.
That's great. Treat people nicely and they will treat you great too. But not all people are like that. Some people are just mean to the bone. And just like me when I was younger I was so mean and bad, no one liked me. I was just afraid everyone will reject me so I pushed them away 1st. But now I am a totally different person. And I am grateful :)

Rawbietussin

That's great. Treat people nicely and they will treat you great too. But not all people are like that. Some people are just mean to the bone. And just like me when I was younger I was so mean and bad, no one liked me. I was just afraid everyone will reject me so I pushed them away 1st. But now I am a totally different person. And I am grateful :)

Very well said.

Chapstick

:ayane:-I had two verbally and physically abusive parents, my escape was drawing and that's something I put a lot of effort and heart into.
:leifang:-I can get very obsessed with certain people, especially crushes. I have few friends, but the ones do I have are very very close.
:rig:-I'm very cold and cruel to people I don't know.
:kasumi:-I'll fight tooth and nail for something I believe in no matter the stakes.
:tina:-I like to have fun and have a habit of doing things on impulse.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
:eliot:- always unsure of myself,self esteem issues,and i don't really see myself as an adult(most people look at Eliot as teen i would imagine)

:bayman:i prefer not to complicate matters and just do things as quickly as possible.i see Bayman mirror this in his fighting style,yes i could punch you 20 times or *snaps neck* .his style is also something i would like to learn to overcome my short stature and my inability to over power anyone really...ill avoid the neck snaps of course

:hayabusa:quite,doesn't brag,still gets shit done

:momiji:ill generally do what i can to help anyone

:ein:my memory is shit

Rawbietussin

:ayane:-I had two verbally and physically abusive parents, my escape was drawing and that's something I put a lot of effort and heart into.
:leifang:-I can get very obsessed with certain people, especially crushes. I have few friends, but the ones do I have are very very close.
:rig:-I'm very cold and cruel to people I don't know.
:kasumi:-I'll fight tooth and nail for something I believe in no matter the stakes.
:tina:-I like to have fun and have a habit of doing things on impulse.

I guess we are somewhat the same with the Ayane part, especially with my father. I may be the favorite and very seldom get punished but I had to witness how my older brother always gets the belt (and he has hit him with the buckle part too) and get cursed around almost every day when he was still alive that it left him such an emotional scar.

I think I have been a Leifang at some point in time with all my man-crushes, especially at school. Even went into a repulsive state in college over one of our school's basketball players that I almost pay for things he needs. x_x

Last edited:

Pocky Yoshi

Okay I'll bite.

Kokoro. Gentle and nice.

Ayane. Can be blunt and sometimes haughty occasionally, but reverts to Kokoro personality in certain situations.

Brad Wong. Lazy bum.

Bass and Zack. Well I'm an American who feels he needs to be stylish and manly...even if I come off goofy. Occasionally.

Mila, Eliot, and Hitomi. Hard worker who is passionate and respectful.

Hayabusa. I don't always post my personal business so I be a cyber ninja on forums. When I do, I keep it between those I trust.

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Reveal your inner self to the instrument of your god....

FFC1mbs.jpg

Rawbietussin

:eliot:- always unsure of myself,self esteem issues,and i don't really see myself as an adult(most people look at Eliot as teen i would imagine)

:bayman:i prefer not to complicate matters and just do things as quickly as possible.i see Bayman mirror this in his fighting style,yes i could punch you 20 times or *snaps neck* .his style is also something i would like to learn to overcome my short stature and my inability to over power anyone really...ill avoid the neck snaps of course

:hayabusa:quite,doesn't brag,still gets shit done

:momiji:ill generally do what i can to help anyone

:ein:my memory is shit

Up till now I probably have some Eliot within me too because of the self-esteem issues as well. Also, I'm a kid at heart and taking on a business someday makes me feel like everything is moving up so fast.

I have bad memory like Ein as well, especially with other people's birthdays unless they're super close.

Pocky Yoshi

Up till now I probably have some Eliot within me too because of the self-esteem issues as well. Also, I'm a kid at heart and taking on a business someday makes me feel like everything is moving up so fast.

I should elaborate that everyone has a bit of Eliot in them. We're unsure of our paths and need support to keep on working.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD