Rig changes in DOA5U

KwonJigglypuff

Why is Rig so unpopular ?
I'm planning to "main" him by the end of the year (I mean, he is going to be my "main" right after Helena and Lisa/Christie). Yesterday's performance by Hoodless was kind of inspiring. Plus I really love taekwondo.

Hades

The Rigs if you wish to study from in my opinion play him beautifully and at such a high level are:
Jaeger S2:

Hoodless:

xSA Deja Vu:

I think these Rigs are definitely the "I want to be as good as that guy" when it comes to Rigs. Definitely watch when they play, you'll learn a lot, granted these were taken from DOA5, however Rig hasn't changed much in terms of playstyle and moveset since then.

(Don't take notes in the Deja Vu match from my Rig, I had very sloppy mixups and not very smart all around playstyle this game is a little better :

But still note I've gained a lot of wisdom and learned a lot of former mistakes I used to make, in other words you can learn a couple of things from my Rig videos, but they are not nearly as much as I know now.)

Last edited:

Hades

I'm willing to help any Rig player that is DEDICATED to learning the character and willing to take time out of lessons to practice and really soak in everything I say.
If you think you're ready to learn add me:
xSA Hades

Rigfox_blak

I will definitely take advantage. I've been playing with rig since vanilla, but I need to get better. I will add you.

Rigfox_blak

I'm willing to help any Rig player that is DEDICATED to learning the character and willing to take time out of lessons to practice and really soak in everything I say.
If you think you're ready to learn add me:
xSA Hades
Are you on ps3?

Jaeger

Parry all mids from going into turning stance while jumping over lows. 6pk.. lol so OP .. he's perfect the way he is now

Supersonic

I was in the lab just now trying to do one of his most powerful mixups i had found before i left to study (which was right as DOA5U came out). I can't seem to get it, so i am HOPING it was not patched out. I couldn't get it at the arcade but i was thinking it was just slopes and stuff messing with me.

my set up for it was... (this worked automatically on mid weight people, for lighter characters you had to time it, and did not work on heavies)
from CB: :3::3::K:,:4::K::K:,:8::K: (which was a force tech that put you opponent at -27 and you could chain them into a SDS combo into another CB to repeat, or you could :4::1::2::3::6::H+P: to launch them, time it right and get the same combo again).

hopefully one of you better rigs could run a few tests on this and see if you now have to be frame perfect or if it is just gone T^T

Last edited:

Hades

my set up for it was... (this worked automatically on mid weight people, for lighter characters you had to time it, and did not work on heavies)
from CB: :3::3::K:,:4::K::K:,:8::K: (which was a force tech that put you opponent at -27 and you could chain them into a SDS combo into another CB to repeat, or you could :4::1::2::3::6::H+P: to launch them, time it right and get the same combo again).

So yes your tech does work, but its not untechable, so its kind of a 50/50. I'd recommend doing it like one time just to confuse your opponent, and then baiting them into teching themselves, and getting stance advantage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD