DOA5U Rig combo and juggle thread

KING JAIMY

it was against ky dragon ;)
Ugh, the opponent I got destroyed by. :(
I don't like fighting Jann Lee with Rig, because Jann Lee has Dragon Gunner and Dragon Gunner isn't Rig's best friend because Rig is a strike character. Do you have any matchup tips against Jann Lee when using Rig?

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
i think its not just dragon gunner its the mind game of ky dragon ! ;)
dragon gunner is an offensive hold so if you can see the set up use by your oppoenent do a fuzzy guard or blow out and you have HCH :)
in dragon gunner often you must be affraid by a reset or a limbo stun so pay attention on these 2 set up

and the best advice against this kind of great character (with big damage...) learn to punish all unsafe moves and slow escape max all sitdowns stun because if you cant you die :)

KING JAIMY

i think its not just dragon gunner its the mind game of ky dragon ! ;)
dragon gunner is an offensive hold so if you can see the set up use by your oppoenent do a fuzzy guard or blow out and you have HCH :)
in dragon gunner often you must be affraid by a reset or a limbo stun so pay attention on these 2 set up

and the best advice against this kind of great character (with big damage...) learn to punish all unsafe moves and slow escape max all sitdowns stun because if you cant you die :)
Yea I try to slow escape H+K so that he can't get Critical Burst but it's really hard. Also, I forgot to punish unsafe moves in Winter Session because I was too nervous. :S

Is there anything Rig can do against the Dragon Gunner (e.g. anything that beats it, except for a throw)?
I would also like to know Rig's most effective ranged tools against Lee. I know 66P is a good whiff punisher and 66K works too. Anything else?

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Yea I try to slow escape H+K so that he can't get Critical Burst but it's really hard. Also, I forgot to punish unsafe moves in Winter Session because I was too nervous. :S

Is there anything Rig can do against the Dragon Gunner (e.g. anything that beats it, except for a throw)?
I would also like to know Rig's most effective ranged tools against Lee. I know 66P is a good whiff punisher and 66K works too. Anything else?
Dragon Gunner needs you to be standing, so crouching or jumping moves can counter it. However, Rig has very few crouching ones and his jumps are not very handy...

On the other hand, Dragon Gunner has 19 start up frames thus keeping the right time advantage will counter it.

In addition, its range is not too long, so playing range game is good idea (as stated by http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/anti-jann-lee-strategies.1403/page-2#post-79080). And you, kid, I've seen you playing good in the range game. It's been because of you, kid, that I thought on using [8]74_ as an evasive Rig's maneuver.

KING JAIMY

Dragon Gunner needs you to be standing, so crouching or jumping moves can counter it. However, Rig has very few crouching ones and his jumps are not very handy...

On the other hand, Dragon Gunner has 19 start up frames thus keeping the right time advantage will counter it.

In addition, its range is not too long, so playing range game is good idea (as stated by http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/anti-jann-lee-strategies.1403/page-2#post-79080). And you, kid, I've seen you playing good in the range game. It's been because of you, kid, that I thought on using [8]74_ as an evasive Rig's maneuver.
I did? O_O

I don't even remember evading with free stepping. :p
Anyway, thanks for the tips!

Tulkas

Premium Donor
what I mean is evading by keeping (or perhaps even getting) out of range using free stepping

KING JAIMY

what I mean is evading by keeping (or perhaps even getting) out of range using free stepping
Oh, I understand now. Maybe that's why our matches took so long last time in the tourney! I was just turtling all the time without being aware of it xD. Was probably me just being nervous though :p.

Lulu

Did you fully charge the second kick?
My bad... I meant the 4th Challenge.
:P::P::4:
:K::K::4::K:
When I do those commands as they are given a whole number of things go wrong but if I just hold down :4_:then it works....
Anyway I beat it..... only challenge left is the Power Launcher.

KING JAIMY

My bad... I meant the 4th Challenge.
:P::P::4:
:K::K::4::K:
When I do those commands as they are given a whole number of things go wrong but if I just hold down :4_:then it works....
Anyway I beat it..... only challenge left is the Power Launcher.
I think that's how every Rig player does it. No reason to let go the direction once you've started your string. You should always translate Rig's Turn Leg Cut Kicks from white arrow to black arrow if you're trying to do those strings, to make things easier for yourself:

:P::P::4::K::K::4::K: translates into :P::P::4_::K::K::K:
:K::K::4::K::K::4::K: translates into :K::K::4_::K::K::K:
etc.

Lulu

I think that's how every Rig player does it. No reason to let go the direction once you've started your string. You should always translate Rig's Turn Leg Cut Kicks from white arrow to black arrow if you're trying to do those strings, to make things easier for yourself:

:P::P::4::K::K::4::K: translates into :P::P::4_::K::K::K:
:K::K::4::K::K::4::K: translates into :K::K::4_::K::K::K:
etc.

Yeah I know..... it doesn't work for Sarah though..... thats what I find irritating about it.

KING JAIMY

Yeah I know..... it doesn't work for Sarah though..... thats what I find irritating about it.
Yes that's true. In fact, with Sarah you have to be on point with your timing otherwise those kicks won't connect. Then again, the VF characters are much harder than the DOA characters for most people.

Lulu

Yes that's true. In fact, with Sarah you have to be on point with your timing otherwise those kicks won't connect. Then again, the VF characters are much harder than the DOA characters for most people.

With Akira and Jacky yep..... but I find Eliot harder (actually its more frustrating) than Sara and Pai....... and its just the one input.

KING JAIMY

With Akira and Jacky yep..... but I find Eliot harder (actually its more frustrating) than Sara and Pai....... and its just the one input.
If you mean Eliot's Choryo (:3_::P:), that one's actually pretty doable if you input :6::6::3::P:. Akira and Jacky are pretty difficult too but once you get the hang of it, it should be okay. Practice works wonders even for the hardest of the hardest moves and combos.

Lulu

If you mean Eliot's Choryo (:3_::P:), that one's actually pretty doable if you input :6::6::3::P:. Akira and Jacky are pretty difficult too but once you get the hang of it, it should be okay. Practice works wonders even for the hardest of the hardest moves and combos.

Not with my thumbs..... :6::6::3: is way too many inputs for a move I'm suppose juggle with 4 times..... I can't even do it at threshold.

KING JAIMY

Not with my thumbs..... :6::6::3: is way too many inputs for a move I'm suppose juggle with 4 times..... I can't even do it at threshold.
I'm sure you'll get the hang of it the more you practice. I had much trouble with it too until I practiced enough. If you have further questions about performing this move, we should take it to the Eliot boards since we're going pretty off-topic here. This is a Rig discussion, after all. ;)

Lulu

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it the more you practice. I had much trouble with it too until I practiced enough. If you have further questions about performing this move, we should take it to the Eliot boards since we're going pretty off-topic here. This is a Rig discussion, after all. ;)

Highly Unlikely, if I can't buffer it then I can't do it..... Thanks anyway.
:oops:

Lulu

I think Rig is one of those Characters that doesn't need a beginner's guide..... all you need is a list of safe moves and you're ready to dominate.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD