Rig Discussion

KING JAIMY

yep 9P is,but it has 2 critical issue

1,can't launch opponent in level1 critical stun (that's the main problem)
2,the launch height sucks,especially heavy guys
The launch height is not that bad in my opinion. It's about the same height as 8K on counter hit and you can get a decent juggle off of it. 9P is very good for mindgames too because your opponent will probably not expect a Rig player to rely a lot on punches. Also, it is actually posible to use his 9P as a level 1 critical stun launch. If you do a lift stun (in this case 9P on counter hit) two times in a row, it will launch. Other examples include: Hayabusa's 6K, Marie Rose's 3P, and Momiji's 3P on Counter Hit. Like Matsukaze said before:

actually 9P ts his best high launcher f you have counter hit wth 9P just do an other one and you have best damage compared to 9K

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I've finally gotten to the point where I can use him and have a pretty good idea of what's happening when I press what button. now I'm going to be digging through this page looking for info.

Before that though can you tell me if a certain CB combo still works? I saw Jaeger use it on Sonic Fox once.

He would go into bending, 9K, I think 4kk or 1kk, and it would end in 6H+kk

I've been trying it out with multiple characters and that final H+kk just won't connect on any of them.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
two things to know :
rig cb combo wall far : h+k tlc--k--4kk--6h+kk (need JF timing)
rig cb combo wall close : 33k--kkp--pp4kk4k

about combo after the launcher 9k you need to know this launcher are not good because slow (20f) and combo are not strong after, but its a high...
you need to watch which level you have to optimize your combo after 9k.

about combo after 4kk you need to go at level 2 or 3 to launch your opponent.

if you have a video reference to show the phase share it and i describe the combo...

KING JAIMY

Anyone found some good CB setups, launch setups or anti-slow escape setups?

I'll share some of my CB setups (Counter Hit):

3P - K - BS 4K - BS P+K
3K2K - BS 3K6K4 - BS P+K
4P - 8P - K - BS P+K
6KK4 TLC P - P+K
KKK - P+K
6PP - BT P - K - BS P+K
8P - K - BS H+K - P+K

I have a lot more but this is what I can remember from the top off my head.

Lulu

I hate to divert the discussion for some dumb queation but this is really bugging me.

So our handsome young friends.... Rig..... works on oil Rig........ now maybe I was hallucinating but on the side of one of the buildings on this Rig I could have sworn that there was a Logo with a bunch of Quater Circle Rings with the word Rig right next to it....

I saw this on the arrival Stage way off in the distance.... or.... atleast I think I did. Could have been a dream. :confused:

Lulu

Is anyone up to writing a "How To Use Rig" Beginner's Guide ?

I feel like some of his tech might be usable to a lesser extent by other characters..... but it has to start right here with Rig.

Well.... is anyone feeling generous to share their wisdom ? ;)

Lulu

@KING JAIMY can write this guide ;) im not good in english so i cant

You can use the language everybody understands...... Video !!! :)

But that will take longer. Any method of getting the information out there is fine.

Speaking of which..... what are Rig's Resets ?
I know of his :K::2::K::K: and :1::K::K: and the Universal :2::P: but Rig's playstyle suggests that he has more.

Oh and his Bending :H+P:.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
if i write a guide for beginers i dont need to talk about reset because i think its to an other category of player more experimented, so i will speak about this if i write this kind of guide :

how to take your priority after an opponent string safe
how to punish an opponent string unsafe
how to play with bending stance
how to play with stun game
how to use okizeme with rig
how to use middle kick hold mind game
what kind of juggle are important to know when you begin with rig

these parts are the basics stuff i think a beginner need to know, the other part like resets, cross up, max damage, unholdable on tech roll, unholdable on delay, unholdable on force tech... are for expert players....

Lulu

you are on ps3 ? if you want add me i give you my tips :
nihonmatsukaze

Sadly no.... I'm on 360 and I'm too cheap to pay Gold Membership to play online.....

I've been playing DoA against the AI for almost 2 years now...... it never gets old :)

I took an interest in Rig because my best friend has an unusual play style and I think Rig would be a better fit for him in learning DoA...... He will never make it through this game alive if he tries to play that way with Hitomi.

Lulu

did you come one time an a us tournament ?

Nope.... I've never left South Africa before.

But I do watch them on you tube..... but I don't think thats where I heard the name. It must have been on one of Emperor Cow's videos.

Guys, I've developed the worst habit, and I can't fix it. Maybe typing it here will help

I keep inputting pp2kk instead of ppk2k, ahhhhhhhh. Whenever I play I usually hop on and play survival normal or hard then join a lobby, I'll fix my mistake there, but as soon as a match gets heated I fuck up the input and get punished.

What do you guys follow up 44k and pp4 2k with? H+k I my go to after 44k (44k puts rig in BT) because it looks cool, but it never lands or gets my anywhere.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
44k its an very good strike because its a good range, 15f an you start a great stun with 30 dmg
personnaly i use 44k to whif punish rising kick middle
after 44k you can choice bt4p or bt4k to link the stun 4k its a good move sds guaranty 33k :)

and for pp2kk and ppk2k
i advice you to do free cancel more than string end
good player can hold thse follow up or punish
ppk its pretty good because recovery are 20 and its semi safe so you can use this string ppk to find counter or do pressing

Lulu

Alll right so I'm sure we've all noticed that certain moves or strings will not execute if theres a possibility of you winding up going past your opponent.... I've noticed this with Kasumi's :9::P: and Hayabusa's WR:4::K:.

Rig seems to have it the worst because for some reason this "glitch" affects him even though it doesn't seem likely that he'l go past his opponent.

So I was wondering..... is there anything I can do about it ?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD