@Rikuto and the rest of the community put on some of the best fights we've ever seen in DOA history that not only told a six year story in the making, but showed us passion and dedication that alone defines Team NINJA's reasoning for putting more emphasis on gameplay. This incredibly detailed interview at FSD's Twitch displays the zeal of Rikuto, and there is a text-based interview from Koei Tecmo Europe that was hyped up last week to go with it. The level of commitment the community has shown for DOA5: Last Round is a great precursor heading into DOA6's competitive scene and this was the perfect conclusion to a masterpiece of a game.

Now that he's had some time to breath after one hell of a showing at EVO, the community has been treated to one of the longest interviews FSD has ever conducted with a click-by-click analysis of his best matches at the tournament. Rikuto's sheer intelligence has always translated well in other things, and his ability to commentate these matches so eloquently shows how calculating and prepared he really is going into these offline fights.

You also see the parallels between Team NINJA and Rikuto when you listen to what the champ has to say. Rikuto had some issues just making his flight, not to mention the players he had to fight in the game! Team NINJA also had to put on a show in a short period of time, and it was a big one; and both took risks that paid off.

The community has been proving Dead or Alive for a long time, and that's never really been an issue. For the game to last this long because of gameplay is a testament to what the players and the game can do. EVO was a big win for everyone that loves Dead or Alive, and it's going to be exciting going into a new game with such a strong community presence behind it.

Last edited:
We just can't escape this constant talk about the '' sexualization '' can we?
Whether it be for or against, it's pretty irritating to constantly hear about.
It sorta makes it a pain in the butt to read about the game both in interviews and social medias.
Especially if you like it but just aren't as out there as some others.
It's just a buzzkill to hear about whether it's in a negative way or the more extreme DoAX fans.
I am just tired of it.

Last edited:
It sorta makes it a pain in the butt to read about the game both in interviews and social medias.
It's just a buzzkill to hear about whether it's in a negative way or the more extreme DoAX fans.
I am just tired of it.

I completely agree. Like politics and other things, it's easy to get sidetracked from the main point which was Rikuto's monumental EVO win and how well of a job he did at representing the game and community.

edited the last sentence from:
With better energy, and a lot more people looking into DOA as a serious fighter and less sexualized game, this seems like very positive news for tournament fighters.

I am just tired of it.

Agreed. Let's talk about the return of Genra instead :D

I completely agree. Like politics and other things, it's easy to get sidetracked from the main point which was Rikuto's monumental EVO win and how well of a job he did at representing the game and community.

edited the last sentence from:
With better energy, and a lot more people looking into DOA as a serious fighter and less sexualized game, this seems like very positive news for tournament fighters.

It just makes it more pleasant to look up DOA6 news and interviews.

Btw do you know if there is any better quality gameplay vids from EVO?
Or is Koei Tecmos Youtube stream the best quality availible? The video quality always feels lacking :(.

The times I've spent time playing DOA6 was to practice at being able to fight for My match at DOA5LR, and some extra matches here and there. Which My results is the same as it was in EVO15 & NEC17, which never getting a win which isn't too big of a deal. I've gave Diego a shot, but just didn't work out compare to Kasumi who I play as always since DOA5. It was awesome seeing DOA5LR again in EVO, ever since the last time it had a side tournament was 2015 which was My first DOA tournament. The matches were pretty awesome to watch.

Genra's movelist would be perfect for maybe Victor Donovan or brand new boss character.

DOA6 current direction honestly killed alot of hype for the new installment, and concern about what they're doing. The only interest I have is what was mentioned from Game Informer, and meeting Shimbori himself to learn more about how you can give feedback on what kind of costume you want.

Ninja Gaiden did not require overdone sex factor to sell, Nioh did not either. I don't see why DOA should have to focus so hard on that either. DOA is..... kind of like a Bond movie. It has its sexy moments, but a lot of it is based on coolness and action. I think right now, you have a vocal number of people who are more interested in the former.

The sex factor isn't just a requirement, this is a part of DOA Entertainment Value according to Itagaki's logic back at G4 Icon Interview at 5:37:

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwTEXyPOAfU

Its one thing to not to focus hard on the sex factor, but its another story (based off interviews) when the direction is going for a toned down approach and trying to make people feel proud about playing DOA because some felt embarrassed of the girls being too sexy which winds up not being well received. If you were to treat DOA (from both main series & spinoffs) like MK Gore & Violence, try toning MK Blood & Gore to see what kind of reaction you'd get. I can think of ideas on how DOA6 or the interviews should've been handle while not showing off sex appeal right from the start which wouldn't be so bad.

The fanservice is coming either way so why even worry about it.

The things I worry about is mainly based off IGN (that I saw from eventhubs & sexualization discussion) & Famitsu Interviews which is before E3 2018 & game informer interviews also as a bonus this opinion from Kotaku: “Toning down the sexual expression doesn’t relate to esports,” Shimbori said. “It’s more of a world trend. We’re considering how to make this franchise well-received everywhere.”

https://archive.fo/BKMYB#selection-1589.0-1589.178

The issue I worry about the current direction is just not having the same type of costumes from DOA5 DLC Lifespan like Swimsuits, some of Halloween designs, and some Third-Party costume designs or functions (considering what DOA was capable of with DLC) since these are stuff I would love to play as or just buy the entire packs, all because some people just couldn't stand fan service so much to the point where they wind up toning so much content down, which fan service is what I love about DOA the most. What I'm asking for is just keep same costume variety from DOA5LR DLC along with its optional features, just with new features like alternate colors and new costumes which I posted "What would you like to see in DOA6 page 20" & "New costumes you want in DOA6".

Lets fast forward to "fanservice is here" and get up to date on information, even if the fanservice is coming I would still would want to know what were getting or if its like what DOA5LR previously had just with new additions? The only real answers is updates, and one of the things I look forward to the most is the creation of survey feedback where people can express what they want for DLC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD