RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
But at the end of the day, games like Street Fighter are more about competitive play than any sort of story progress.
You're right. And I do enjoy some of the SF4 characters introduced, such as Oni and Decapre. I do miss Remy though and would love to see him in glorious 1080p HD.

SpellBound

Very excited to see this on PS4/PC only.
Hoping that parrys and guard breaks are a thing.
I also hope that they make the combo system similar to SFxT. not so stiff, tad bit easier links and add more ground bounce and wall bounce moves.

d3v

Grounce bounce is already confirmed in the trailer. Wall bounce will likely be back since every SF since III has had it.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'm just happy i get remy back if this really is going to be about 3s :)
Don't be so sure just yet. The SF3 characters who made it into SF4 were included because they are considered the most popular. If that's the case, then that means that Dudley, Elena, Hugo, Ibuki, Makoto, Yang, and Yun are definite prospects to return. Poison will probably become playable as well, since she was well received in both SFxTK and USF4; plus, she did appear in 3S as an NPC with Hugo in his intro animations. Hell, Alex was considered the protagonist of the SF3 series, yet he only appeared in two crossover titles: Capcom Fighting Evolution and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. However, I remain optimistic about the roster and I would love for Remy to make an appearance. He is far more interesting than Guile, but also has that cool factor that Charlie had. Plus, he's the first charge character I played as.

d3v

Comparison of Chun Li's crouch in IV and V.
0YQ24rS.jpg

For veterans, you may recognize that as her 3rd Strike crouch in the SFV shot.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Very nice find! These details may seem minor to casual fans, but to veterans of the series, this is great. It looks as if SF5 does have a STRONG possibility of taking place after SF3. The timeline is moving forward!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Very nice find! These details may seem minor to casual fans, but to veterans of the series, this is great. It looks as if SF5 does have a STRONG possibility of taking place after SF3. The timeline is moving forward!
I sure hope this means we'll see a much older, more serious Sakura, with the possibility of pitching her and Karin as the new main protagonists. Though my favorite character in the series is Remy, I've been wanting to see an older Sakura since SF3 came to existence.

But that's a (very) long shot from happening, especially considering the copyright issues with Karin.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I sure hope this means we'll see a much older, more serious Sakura, with the possibility of pitching her and Karin as the new main protagonists. Though my favorite character in the series is Remy, I've been wanting to see an older Sakura since SF3 came to existence.

But that's a (very) long shot from happening, especially considering the copyright issues with Karin.
Is that the reason why she couldn't make it in SF4? Karin was in Capcom Fighting Evolution, so I don't know why she couldn't have been in the SF4 series. Like you, however, I would like to see Sakura mature and get away from the school girl fighter cliche. But then again, I'd rather the series reduce the number of shotos in a game. SF3 had Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Sean, but each of these shotos felt unique. Honestly, I feel like all the shotos added in SF4 were overkill, and this coming from someone who mains Oni.

d3v

Karin is part owned by Maasahiko Nakahira since he originally created her for his Sakura Ganbaru manga before she joined the cast in Alpha 3.

That said, another Nakaira creation was in IV - Evil Ryu.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Karin is part owned by Maasahiko Nakahira since he originally created her for his Sakura Ganbaru manga before she joined the cast in Alpha 3.

That said, another Nakaira creation was in IV - Evil Ryu.
So why was he so stingy with Karin? smh

Argentus

Only SF character I really played was Alex, with some Elena. REALLY hope alex finally returns, loved him in third strike and TvC.

Also, I like how they made the character look way less like Looney Toons. More serious.

That said, its still street fighter, so who gives a fuck until the third or fourth rerelease within the first year.

I want Juli :(
I correct myself.

I want Alex, because hes the only character I ever enjoyed using in Street Fighter, and Juni, because shes so fucking cute!

Juni-alpha3-fixed.jpg

Also, do you think they'll pick up on the loose thread that Abel may be Remy's father?

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Chun Li & Ryu both look like they're going to be beast. Chun Li will no longer be a charge character which means that my character select options has already opened up for offline play besides Ryu or Ken. I can't wait.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Charlie coming back means Remy is officially not coming back. With Charlie comes Guile, who I'm honestly not a fan of. Remy was a way cooler take on both their styles and I would have loved to see his return. *sighs*

As for what I saw in the SF5 alpha demo, it looked really slow. They should speed it up. The 2.5D graphics look better than SF4's look, so that's a plus. The HUD is terrible right now, but they have time to fix that. Ugh, Revenge meter is back. lolnoodlehead

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It would be really interesting to see Guile come back and changed from a charge character. He would just be a shoto if he was given the same commands and restrictions to simultaneous projectiles as Ryu and the rest.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD