Tyaren

Standard Donor
Haha! XD

wygzts.gif

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Time for hype music.

Chun Li & Ryu both look like they're going to be beast. Chun Li will no longer be a charge character which means that my character select options has already opened up for offline play besides Ryu or Ken. I can't wait.
Thank goodness! I played a little bit of Third Strike w/ Chun Li at Absolute Battle 5, and I honestly liked that she could use her special attacks at will without charging (ex: Hadokens).

d3v

At this point, Peter made it look like she didn't even need to charge for her bird kick anymore.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
20% already? Actually not that bad, considering the time it was announced. If the Ryu vs. Chun-Li fight is only 20%, then I look forward to seeing what 100% development looks like.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I really don't want them to rush getting it out. If it has to take until next year, then so be it. I want it to be a great game casually & competitively. Like making sure that there's a great balance for all characters so that players can pick a character being able to compete.

Argentus

Ueah I want a complete game no more ultra super mega ultimate street fighters
super ultra turbo hyper arcade remix hd edition

but seriously its street fighter. They'll have a rerelease within a year, and a third announced. I'm waiting for that third or fourth version before I give a shit.

d3v

super ultra turbo hyper arcade remix hd edition

but seriously its street fighter. They'll have a rerelease within a year, and a third announced. I'm waiting for that third or fourth version before I give a shit.
Based on the stuff Ken Bogard leaked (which has been correct so far), we won't be seeing updates like that. Rather, the game will have "seasons" similar to KI, where we will likely see new DLC content after Capcom Cup.

That said. Asking for no updates ignores the fact that a good part of the fan base actually wants new characters, features and balance changes that come with these updates. Ultra for example was only developed because, when asked, fans actually said that they wanted an update. Heck, I wouldn't be using my current main (Decapre) if not for Ultra.

The other thing is that, with Street Fighter's cast, it's impossible to create a game where everyone that every body wants is in the game. With a complete cast that dwarfs most other fighting franchises, you'll either end up with an unbalanced mess, or a game so watered down that it's boring. And it's also not cheap. Characters can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars just for the art assets alone. Trying to do that would probably drive the cost of the game beyond what is feasible for both Capcom and Sony.

With updates however, not only is it easier for them to recoup the costs, but they can also simply base the character choices on a combination of who makes sense for the story, and who people really want with the occasional experiment with a new character/moveset.

EDIT:
And before anyone says "just make it a sequel", you have to remember that a sequel is much more work since they'll need to redo the system from scratch. Each numbered Street Fighter sequel changes drastically - to the point where they might as well be different games. The difference from Street Fighter III to Street Fighter IV is almost as big as the difference between Dead Or Alive and Tekken.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
More SFV gameplay. Edit: I like Ryu, but I switched back to Ken as a main. He's more up my alley in terms of how I play (fan of the shotos).

Last edited:

d3v

Interesting. At first I was worried that Ryu being able to stack hits on his fireball every time he activated his stance would be too good. But seeing Chun able to answer like that with multiple fireballs when her stance is active has made me change my mind.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
hyped for that beta

just going to be enjoying the ps4 version usfv come may

geting te2 just for it and various other game ahem.

didn't like the hori v4 kuro buttons so may sell it.

d3v

Since it wasn't posted here.

Looks like they're taking a ton of risks totally changing Bison/Dictator up.

theclassybutler

All I know is the controls had BETTER not be as stiff as Street Fighter IV's controls. I expect to be able to do more combos, or else, this game is not getting my money.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD