RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

synce

Abigail is probably the biggest waste of a character slot since Juri. Capcom could've took a more original route and added a huge girl, or at least some kind of monster. Instead we get the most generic looking meathead possible.

It's no wonder his release barely put a blip on steamcharts. Ed's release day saw nearly 50% more players than Abigail, and that's despite the drama over him getting the steroid treatment and being a trash character in general. This season will probably seal the game's fate barring some miracle relaunch.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Abigail is probably the biggest waste of a character slot since Juri. Capcom could've took a more original route and added a huge girl, or at least some kind of monster. Instead we get the most generic looking meathead possible.

It's no wonder his release barely put a blip on steamcharts. Ed's release day saw nearly 50% more players than Abigail, and that's despite the drama over him getting the steroid treatment and being a trash character in general. This season will probably seal the game's fate barring some miracle relaunch.
Hey....Ed isn't trash >.> I like Ed, he's my main and super easy to use and the only reason I got SFV in the first place XD and them adding muscle to him was needed, he was way too scrawny initially as a teenager and looked strange in combat based on videos I watched with his modded in NPC model

But I do agree, Abigail isn't worth the buy, if Capcom wants to charge this much for a DLC character, make one we'll actually buy. So far, Urien and Kolin are the only ones I deem buy worthy, Juri and Ibuki should've been in from the get go at launch. They need to either bring back highly requested characters with relevance or make completely new characters like Ed who have never been in a SF game before

Me personally I'm hoping they bring back Ingrid, she's one of my favorite characters in the series, and she's apparently even more powerful than M bison which amuses me. I also want Remy too, he's always interested me as a younger teen but I never got to play as him. He's apparently pretty violent too

SFVIngrid.jpg

sfv-concept-art-remy.jpg

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Wooooow. And to think that it only took them over a year, five months and fifteen days to actually add the mode when it could have been in the game on day-one :rolleyes:
Theyre saying on Eventhubs that it could drop anyday now since it's pretty much ready to be released. If that is true then I'm glad....i need another easy way to earn fight money XD I have 79,000 and just need 21,000 more to get a new character but I already did all the easy stuff. Trials is impossible since I can't get the combo system and survival on normal mode is rigged... on normal mode where you have to beat 30 opponents I always lose to stage 26 bitch Zangief who magically gets more difficult. I've tried with Ed and lost and used Ken but once again he beat me -_-

Tyaren

Standard Donor
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...full-arcade-mode-datamining-street-fighter-5/

Someone datamined the game....looks like arcade mode, two new stages and more outfits are on the way!

What a shit show... Over a year after game release finally an arcade mode in a Street Fighter. Just as with Versus CPU and Story Mode long after release. But in the meantime they had a lot of time to sell the players overpriced characters, costumes and stages. The game totally deserves its poor sales and terrible word of mouth in the gaming community.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
What a shit show... Over a year after game release finally an arcade mode in a Street Fighter. Just as with Versus CPU and Story Mode long after release. But in the meantime they had a lot of time to sell the players overpriced characters, costumes and stages. The game totally deserves its poor sales and terrible word of mouth in the gaming community.

SFV could have been so much more better than what it was. Capcom should have took a bit more time with this game before releasing it. Then there is also the fact that many people were also looking forward to it as a positive change from its predecessor, the SFIV series. Unfortunately, what we have gotten is a product that contains a bare minimum of offline elements to keep the casual player base busy, missing game modes, odd methods of unlocking materials (Survival mode used for unlocking colors initially). There is also the point where character are receiving rather strange or quizzical changes or nerfs that are either too extreme or arbitrary. There were also quite a few strange aesthetic changes throughout the later parts of the developmental time that further caused the ire of individuals who wished to play this game for themselves. SFV game play-wise (by itself) is decent, though I personally prefer if it were a bit more fast paced with characters having better normal moves and anti-airs to take advantage of in the match. V-Trigger system could also use some work to favor players that are winning matches and to make comebacks mean something more as it did in older games.

I am sure that there are some subjects that I missed but this is just a basic summary of issues that most players would end up having with this game in retrospect.

Xhominid The Demon Within

SFV could have been so much more better than what it was. Capcom should have took a bit more time with this game before releasing it. Then there is also the fact that many people were also looking forward to it as a positive change from its predecessor, the SFIV series. Unfortunately, what we have gotten is a product that contains a bare minimum of offline elements to keep the casual player base busy, missing game modes, odd methods of unlocking materials (Survival mode used for unlocking colors initially). There is also the point where character are receiving rather strange or quizzical changes or nerfs that are either too extreme or arbitrary. There were also quite a few strange aesthetic changes throughout the later parts of the developmental time that further caused the ire of individuals who wished to play this game for themselves. SFV game play-wise (by itself) is decent, though I personally prefer if it were a bit more fast paced with characters having better normal moves and anti-airs to take advantage of in the match. V-Trigger system could also use some work to favor players that are winning matches and to make comebacks mean something more as it did in older games.

I am sure that there are some subjects that I missed but this is just a basic summary of issues that most players would end up having with this game in retrospect.

HAHAHAHAHA....

There was absolutely NO content that kept the casuals busy on release, all you had was the broken to this very day Survival Mode and the Prologues which only until recently was just 3 fights with the easiest AI imaginable...

The fact that people are acting hype over Arcade Mode when all casual base for this game vanished on top of the fact that they kept nickeling and diming people when making an Arcade Mode should be the easiest thing in the universe(to compare, creating an Arcade Mode using Mugen seems so damn easy doesn't look anything close to super complicated)

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
They literally picked the shittiest character from final fight and put him here. They could have gave us literally anyone else and been fine but nope they are on ESPN so we dont matter.

DedUp

This was a game I wanted to like. Unfortunately as someone who is mostly an offline, casual player there really was nothing there for me. I figured the lack of arcade mode was just a stupid oversight that would be corrected within a month. But we're only getting it now? There's no way an arcade mode could be that hard to put in. When they actually got around to adding the one player vs mode I created my own random select for the game in an excel file on my laptop in the living room. It randomly selects 8 opponents, costumes, and stages. If I can do this with my craptastic programming skills, Capcom has zero excuses for not having this mode in day one.

Anyways with both Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 out, I'll probably only give SFV a look when the arcade mode comes just to see how it is and drop it again. It's not a bad game from a mechanics stand point but I find its systems bland compared Tekken's and it doesn't have the slot machine effect of Injustice 2's gear system to hook me.

Also I hate the art style game (Why can't they give Chun-Li normal, human sized legs?). KOF 14 looks like an uprezed PS2 game but I find the art style much more preferable to the weird caricatures that they made of the Street Fighter cast.

I think at this point the only thing that could bring me back to the game is if they did something to make the fighting more interesting. But that's enough pissing and moaning about the game from me. I already have other games to play which I enjoy so I'll stick with them unless Capcom does something to surprise me.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not complaining much, I only spent $10 on the game which I think is the most I would pay for it. The game isn't very casual friendly, once you do something that gives you fight money you can't do it again and the ingame costumes from story mode are overpriced, and they intentionally make modes difficult so it's harder to get the items. Besides the artstyle, characters I use and costumes, there's not much I enjoy. Survival mode isn't even fun, you have to do 30 straight rigged battles on normal, 50 on hard with the hard AI, and extreme is a joke at 100 straight battles with the AI already not pulling any punches

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I got Juri and Vega's battle costumes earlier and I really like them! Here's two pics I took of them since I was trying to make myself a collage of my favorite characters

20626993_1946201355626032_763675860898661208_o.jpg

20615656_1946249362287898_7280604947531330262_o.jpg

DedUp

Menat reveal trailer.

Menat actually looks kind of interesting and fun to play. Even though, after the Abigail reveal, my interest in the game dropped pretty heavily, I'll have to give it another shot when Menat comes out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD