News RoF 3 Results: SweetRevenge Unstoppable?

Like that sensational headline? No? That's what you get when two continents and several countries fail to produce a player capable of stopping the rampage of Matt "SweetRevenge" Kieffer. We're running out of clever ways to tell the guy "Congratulations!" and it's completely your fault. Despite some incredible competition, particularly from second-place winner Gehaktbal, SR has now taken his fifth straight tournament victory and only appears to be gaining momentum. Before we get into some upcoming chances to give the FSD staff a chance to put some different names up there, check out the results below, complete with the Finals sets:

1) SweetRevenge
2) Gehaktbal
3) Ky-Dragon
4) Alucardo

Full Results

Winner's Finals

Grand Finals

Going forward, our next big tournaments are the Road to The Fall Classic Qualifiers DiD 10 and Summer Jam 8. Please check out their respective threads and make arrangements as the top two placers at each get their flights, accommodations, and tournament entry covered by Team NINJA. Moving on from there is what is shaping up to be our largest tournament ever, The Fall Classic. Look for significant coverage leading up to the tournament and make your plans as soon as possible. Flights to Raleigh, North Carolina are looking quite affordable at the moment from around the US and we are also looking forward to our international community members making the trip!

Start discussing plans for travel and housing and feel free to fire questions away at the community here or in appropriate Tournament forum threads. We're coming together in a big way and we want everyone that can make it to do so. Check the front page periodically in the weeks and months to come for additional information and possible surprises.

Oh and one last thing: anyone that takes SweetRevenge out of a tournament before TFC will get a special prize of a to-be-determined nature if they also show up to The Fall Classic.

It was incredible to watch. SR seems to be the one to beat right now for sure. It's crazy!

It was a good grand final... Congrats to SR, although I was a little disappointed when he switched to Helena. I don't think he needs her shenanigans to win

Also Gehaktbal's Rachel was great, it made me want to pick her back up.

Were there any Milas or Alphas at this tourney? Can't find archival footage

The match was very close but personally I thought that Sweet Revenge was playing a bit sloppy. I've followed allot of his matches and I just felt he was making more mistakes then usual. I assume that nerves were getting to him a bit since he was in a foreign country with no other US players to be seen.

While Gehaktbal is a very good player I honestly think any one of the big US players like Excalibur Bladez, Lopedo, Master and Requiem could have beaten him when playing at their best.

Regardless though, great job Sweet Revenge, you did great and put on a good show.

SR is at a level of competence his competition has not been at. He has a very unique mind that recognizes things differently than most people and he has no shame whatsoever in abusing the hell out of high-tier nonsense.

I have no intention of letting him, Lopedo, or Xcal take TFC however.

We need to introduce a system like they have in Dota 2 or LoL, where viewers can contribute towards the price money.

I'm not familiar with how that works exactly, though the idea tickles me.

I doubt we really have a big enough fanbase that would take advantage of such a thing on a regular basis.... but...

It was a good grand final... Congrats to SR, although I was a little disappointed when he switched to Helena. I don't think he needs her shenanigans to win

Also Gehaktbal's Rachel was great, it made me want to pick her back up.

Were there any Milas or Alphas at this tourney? Can't find archival footage
I switched because my mindset with genfu needed a break. I was getting my ass kicked and had to mentally recharge him by switching to helena whom Gehaktbal told me he hated playing against.

Congratulations to SweetRevenge for the victory and to all the other DoA players that partecipated to this great competition.

I'm not familiar with how that works exactly, though the idea tickles me.

I doubt we really have a big enough fanbase that would take advantage of such a thing on a regular basis.... but...

True, we won't reach over 2,5 million dollar in cash prices like those games any time soon, and seeing as fighters are largely solo player without teamwork we probably won't reach those numbers either, however it could be something to consider for the long run.

Don't know the details myself, only that it is the fans and followers that contribute the larger portion of the cash prices to these events

The Grand Finals was really good, but as I mentioned in the chatbox, 327 viewers watching the grand finals is too little.

I was so happy to watch such an incredible tournament and all the efforts to make this tournament happen, yet only 327 viewers watching it made me really sad.

The Grand Finals was really good, but as I mentioned in the chatbox, 327 viewers watching the grand finals is too little.

I was so happy to watch such an incredible tournament and all the efforts to make this tournament happen, yet only 327 viewers watching it made me really sad.

I thought that the number indicated just the people watching it through FSD and not the ones connected to the ROF channels - or am I wrong?

I thought that the number indicated just the people watching it through FSD and not the ones connected to the ROF channels - or am I wrong?

Oh I see. Then I worried for nothing then!! DOA 5U deserves as much views as possible. What an awesome game and tremendous effort put in by the organisers. Makes me happy =)

The number was the ROF channel. The channel was the secondary channel mind you that was for English speakers. I'm not aware of what the numbers were for the primary channel with French commentary.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD