Hori making a Dead or Alive 5 Arcade Stick

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
According to PlayAsia, Hori will be bringing out a Dead or Alive 5 arcade stick in time for the Japanese release. This is of course a Japan only release, currently. The arcade stick will be available for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and is based on the Soul Calibur V Hori Arcade Stick with what looks like an art replacement to that of Kasumi, Ayane, and the "I'm a Fighter" slogan.

The arcade stick is currently set for pre-order on Play-Asia at the current asking price of $249.90 + S&H.
Update: Amazon Japan has posted the arcade sticks with higher quality resolution for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions at ¥14,801 (~$185 USD) making it seem more plausible that Play-asia has buffed its asking price.
Update 2: Amazon USA has posted the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 arcade sticks for $149.99.
61jgQGbj0RL._AA1000_.jpg
61dpv%2B2eP7L._AA1000_.jpg
Source: PlayAsia via Gavin Sherlock

Scott

The Madcatz stick is better than any hori stick and it's 150.00. How can this be right for a game that doesn't have difficult enough imputs to merit a stick?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That price has got to be a mistake. IMO, we should wait for Hori to make an official statement on it.

Considering the fact that the SCV one it appears based off of is $100 cheaper I'm inclined to believe that. Updated topic title to reference this as a Rumor for now until Hori officially makes an announcement.

d3v

The Madcatz stick is better than any hori stick and it's 150.00. How can this be right for a game that doesn't have difficult enough imputs to merit a stick?
Because some of us just can't play fighting games on a pad anymore.

R4712-VR88

Oh man I love it. I hope it's octogonal gated out of the box. Really don't want to mess with this stick.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
This better be full Sanwa or the new Hori parts which seem to be getting alot of praise lately, otherwise its just not worth it.

On a side note, the stick I'm designing acctually looks nicer .. LOL

Berzerk!

You still want input to be clean and accurate. If you play fighting games you should at least attempt to learn stick, especially if you expect to play more than one, and any fighter worth their salt will do that.

The input buffering seems to be sharper in DOA5 and it will definitely benefit from a good stick. Just for movement, its very important.

Skilletor

Nah. SC5 stick is better than any TE, imo. Fighting Edge is better than any MadCatz stick I've played on.

If this is the same as the SC5 stick, then it's going to be awesome.

And I play on a stick because I refuse to play fighters on a pad, period.

This better be full Sanwa or the new Hori parts which seem to be getting alot of praise lately, otherwise its just not worth it.

On a side note, the stick I'm designing acctually looks nicer .. LOL

SC5 stick is, so I don't see why this wouldn't be.

DrDogg

Yeah, there's no way the retail price is $250. Although, at Play Asia you're probably paying the import price. If it never makes it to the US (it almost certainly will) then that price could be accurate for importing.

MajesticBlue

The SCV stick is indeed very good imo. This is gonna be really nice. Gamestop had a pricedrop on them a while back. It was awfully hard to beat a well built full Sanwa stick for $100.

d3v

Nah. SC5 stick is better than any TE, imo. Fighting Edge is better than any MadCatz stick I've played on.
Nah, V.S. stick better than those. If there's any stick that feels plain old industrial, it's that one. Only way to do better is to get something made out of metal.

Skilletor

Nah, V.S. stick better than those. If there's any stick that feels plain old industrial, it's that one. Only way to do better is to get something made out of metal.

I'll be buying a VS this weekend, so I will be able to compare. :).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Update: Amazon Japan has posted the arcade sticks with higher quality resolution for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions at ¥14,801 (~$185 USD) making it seem more plausible that Play-asia has buffed its asking price.

Also updated the images to the higher res.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD