Rumor: New Dead or Alive to be announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan11589

I thought this was a little soon to announce RIGHT AFTER the final DLC releases. I thought it be a little longer to announce the next game, if it's DOA6 it seems a bit soon but of course openly welcome but it probably make more sense to me a port for Switch. If it's a complete edition, it would obviously upset a lot of people who bought a ton of DLC. I regret buying the collector's edition of the original DOA5 for the "exclusive costumes". I could have bought the standard edition from Newegg.com for $48 due to a deal, but I had myself justify it by saving money from the same deal on Resident Evil 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Now I learned my lesson on buying a collector's edition just for costumes.

KwonJigglypuff

I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement, but it's way too early for any screenshot/trailer/teaser. No way.

Plus, an announcement is just an announcement. TN knows that is something fans are expecting, asking for. Especially during a fighting game event. It's nothing but it's something. Or the opposite. They don't have to respect any deadline. They know themselves it will happen. It is just a way to create a moment.

Banana56

My DOA6 hopes

Characters:
More new males. I don’t even play with male characters like that (in fighting games that is), and even I want more males. So at least 2 new males would suffice. As for females, I’d say 3. Well moreso 2 new females since the 3rd would be Misaki. Which btw please no more Japanese schoolgirl characters among the new female character initial roster batch, or better yet Japanese females in general (Yanki Girl being an exception). The game lacks ethnic and national diversity. I’d still love to see a Korean girl in this game. Maybe a Middle Eastern one as well.

They could use one of Fame’s Mistresses as a playable fighter (Goldie, Goldie, Goldie, Goldie)

latest

Or they could use one of NyoTengu/Phase 4 concepts

1. Pink haired yellowed eyed witch girl
2. Yanki Deliquent girl
3. Timid schoolgirl turned sexy deadly girl
4. Bayonetta looking agent

yErJcUI.jpg

Stages:
I am here for the more realistic approach. But some DOA5 stages got boring after a while

Stages like Kyoto The Bloom, Gamblers Paradise Crash Club, Ariel Gardens, ect would be great

Also have more worldwide diversity in stages too

Tyaren

Standard Donor
...but it's way too early for any screenshot/trailer/teaser. No way.

How do you know how far they are in development? They could've worked a couple of years on the game already. That's actually what I am expecting.

Plus, an announcement is just an announcement. TN knows that is something fans are expecting, asking for. Especially during a fighting game event. It's nothing but it's something. Or the opposite. They don't have to respect any deadline. They know themselves it will happen. It is just a way to create a moment.

What you are describing isn't really a "moment" though, it would be a big disappointment for many if they just say: "Oh, FYI there's a new DOA in development." If we're honest, we all know that. Next year it'll be 6 years since the last DOA. They've released 4 versions of DOA5 (and several versions of DOAX3) and milked it absolutely dry with DLC costumes and characters. Most people haven't just lost interest by now, they are annoyed and haven't touched the game in a year or more, like myself for example, and I call myself a big fan of the series.
In the meantime this console generation enters its final lifetime quarter and the big 3D fighter rivals Tekken 7 and now Soul Calibur 6 grabbed all of the attention and most of the 3D fighter market share. They really lucked out by Virtua Fighter being pretty much dead and DOA not getting into gear.
They'd declare themselves irrelevant if they on top of wasting all this time also completely botch the reveal of DOA6. Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 knew not to do that. DOA6 doesn't need to be revealed on a grand stage at E3, TGS or Gamescom, it might be overshadowed by other bigger games there. For example the hugely popular Soul Calibur which was a looming mystery for some time now. NEC is fine, but then the reveal has to make a big splash. No trailer, no gameplay and no screens would be missing the one opportunity they had and basically telling the world: "We are still there...kinda...not really yet...we can't compare to Soul Calibur...we really suck...but please be excited...somehow."
Yeah, no, that won't work. :/ I hope/expect Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo is smarter than that. Either a proper reveal now or no reveal at all this year.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

How do you know how far they are in development? They could've worked a couple of years on the game already. That's actually what I am expecting.

Yeah I'm thinking the same in terms of this. I'm thinking they've probably been working on doa6 for a couple of years now while doa5 has been getting supported, and now that the dlc for doa5 is ending its now time for them to officially reveal doa6. ( hopefully with a trailer since that would be a lot more hype than just an announcement or something like that, A trailer reveal and stuff at a big tournament event like this would be super cool, so I just hope it is a doa6 reveal. )

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

What you are describing isn't really a "moment" though, it would be a big disappointment for many if they just say: "Oh, FYI there's a new DOA in development." If we're honest, we all know that. Next year it'll be 6 years since the last DOA. They've released 4 versions of DOA5 (and several versions of DOAX3) and milked it absolutely dry with DLC costumes and characters. Most people haven't just lost interest by now, they are annoyed and haven't touched the game in a year or more, like myself for example, and I call myself a big fan of the series.
In the meantime this console generation enters its final lifetime quarter and the big 3D fighter rivals Tekken 7 and now Soul Calibur 6 grabbed all of the attention and most of the 3D fighter market share. They really lucked out by Virtua Fighter being pretty much dead and DOA not getting into gear.
They'd declare themselves irrelevant if they on top of wasting all this time also completely botch the reveal of DOA6. Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 knew not to do that. DOA6 doesn't need to be revealed on a grand stage at E3, TGS or Gamescom, it might be overshadowed by other bigger games there. For example the hugely popular Soul Calibur which was a looming mystery for some time now. NEC is fine, but then the reveal has to make a big splash. No trailer, no gameplay and no screens would be missing the one opportunity they had and basically telling the world: "We are still there...kinda...not really yet...we can't compare to Soul Calibur...we really suck...but please be excited...somehow."
Yeah, no, that won't work. :/ I hope/expect Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo is smarter than that. Either a proper reveal now or no reveal at all this year.

I hope you're right @Tyaren ! :D

Edit: You know what? I was basing my opinion on the fact we just had the last DLC a few days ago. But TN knows their fans are greedy and impatient, so a trailer could happen and a release sooner than I thought.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I hope you're right @Tyaren ! :D

Edit: You know what? I was basing my opinion on the fact we just had the last DLC a few days ago. But TN knows their fans are greedy and impatient, so a trailer could happen and a release sooner than I thought.

Now, I wasn't saying that they will undoubtedly wow us with an amazing gameplay trailer, they could still fuck that up and ideed just show us some minimal teaser, but what I wanted to get across: It is in their selfinterest to not fuck up the reveal of DOA6. While they must've made good money from all the DLC over the years and millions did download their F2P game, so overall DOA5 can be considered a success, they still mustn't sleep any longer and rest on their laurels, while Bandai Namco completely dominates the 3D fighter stage with their games and we are already nearing the end of this generation in about two years.

P2p1mbs

It's a DOAX3 update with a port to the switch.

As long as that includes adding the other girls that didnt make it in the original release (mainly Tina), I am totally OK with this idea. I would seriously buy a switch just for this.

Totally not going to happen though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD