Secret moves?

synce

:H+K::2::H+K: isn't listed in the game or the guide. Any others? Perhaps a teleport from neutral? :cool:

Edit: Oh yeah you can also add additional kicks after 6pppkk

Toby

Forgot to save the replay but a while back (pre-patch) i teleported from a downed stance in the corner of the sweat stage vs mila. I was mashing buttons while downed and suddenly Alpha teleported behind her! I've been trying to find the hidden command for it by training with the CPU but have been unsuccessful in doing so.

damedame

You can do that when downed against a wall.
That kick is when she spins low AFTER the jump kick right? I don't use it often.

And that combo you mentioned is always fun... I think it's 9 hits and you can finish with :7:+:K:... most people usually try to attack in the middle if they don't know alpha well.

PJudge

I'm certain there is a teleport from neutral, I just have NO idea how to do it. It's happened to me several times now when she does it against me. Also, she can teleport to either side from her falling state, right?

damedame

I'm certain there is a teleport from neutral, I just have NO idea how to do it. It's happened to me several times now when she does it against me. Also, she can teleport to either side from her falling state, right?
Really? o_O
I've never teled from neutral or when falling. Only from back down against a wall.
The when falling one would be quite useful, as getting cornered into a wall really stinks. XD

A lot of her moves are modeled after Kasumi, but hayabusa has the teleports from neutral. (Though I have no clue how to use them since I'm not a ninja player)

PJudge

Yeah, the AI just teleports from neutral all the time. It would be such a helpful thing if it's possible, I just can't figure out how to do it at all. If she could teleport behind the opponent from the floor that would be useful too. I was fighting a Mila earlier and he just cornered me and there is NOTHING Alpha can do to get up safely.

damedame

Oh from her offensive hold charge?... ewww

Doesn't low punching work? Or jumping? Usually air moves are safe from OH. Can't say I've tried against it. Alphas lack of any ground game can mean pretty much game over from one knock down, which is kinda sad. If there was a way out of that, it'd be amazing. Though then she might be closer top tier, haha.

I'd love to hear about it.

PJudge

She has that one kick that Kasumi has as well, but that requires you to be facing down with your head toward the opponent, which is useful but far too situational.

I wouldn't mind if she could just teleport from the floor to behind the opponent or something, it's just impossible to get up safely as Alpha, which is my only gripe thus far. Otherwise she's pretty good.

damedame

Find them! :D
Where is the proof that they even exist? Was the computer playing as Alpha? Or was it a player?
Was it in STORY mode? If it was in story mode, perhaps the story version is special. I remember Alpha in story mode having hayate and ayane moves too?

PJudge

Final mode Alpha does, but not the version you can play as. The AI was doing it in versus. If you just stand there away from her, she'll teleport around like she did in DOA4 waiting for you to do something. But my thinking is surely if the AI is doing something with a character, it should be possible to actually do?

I consulted with my brother, who plays Ryu, and tried all the teleport inputs from him but they don't work with Alpha. Unless you can cancel certain moves to teleport in a direction, instead of just down?

damedame

I dunno, but I'd certainly like to find out how.
If the alpha in VERSUS is able to do it, it should be possible for people playing too.

PJudge

So apparently you can't see the inputs that the AI makes, which sucks, but her teleport (or WARP) is counted as

on the move details. BUT! I can't get her to jump...

synce

Technically this isn't a secret move but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, since the v1.02 patch Alpha's :6::6::P: hits mid instead of high. It did used to hit high didn't it? I never used it, and even with this tiny buff it's still mostly useless. Anyway I wonder if anything else was changed

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The AI can do moves the player cannot.
Hayabusa for example will have his old mid kick advanced hold from the Alpha demo which became his Ongyoin stance throw in the final build.

Toby

Regarding 66p, the guide says the attack height is "H" yet the attack type is "Mid Punch"...

PJudge

What's the hidden command to teleport while downed against a wall? I'm baffled b/c today while playing singles online in the DWA ring, I teleported about 4 times after being hit with a wall combo. I remember mashing the right arrow and alpha teleported towards the center of the stage, away from the ropes. This didn't appear to be the case because I tested it in training as well as versus, where my health could go below 50%.
I've managed to teleport off the wall as well, although I didn't save the match and can't remember if it was a Tech Roll or something else. If we can figure out how to do that specifically, that would be a damn good way of relieving Alpha of being slaughtered when she's knoced into a corner. That is by far and away one of her glaring weaknesses, so having that would make cornered situations less of a panic zone.

synce

You simply press H to teleport off the wall... But it only works if she slumped down the wall, which is caused by certain grabs. If only she could teleport when she's down I think she'd be mid-high tier

Toby

Thanks synce, guess I did end up pressing H at one point after all. I'll try it as soon as I get a chance. That's a useful command since a lot of players tend to use throws on alpha in the corner.

synce

Looks like AI Alpha can also do a unique sidestep... It's faster and more evasive than the regular one. I'm going hogwild on the controller trying to do this shit lol

Lei

The teleport is forced when splatted against wall, it's not a "H" press it's forced.
Alpha has no teleport from neutral.
H+K wakeup kick from headfacing stomach is true.
etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD