Senko Izuna is...

ilikeRamen

Extremely difficult to do. D:
Does anybody have any tips on how to do it? I want to throw my controller at the tv and bash the PS3. And my thumbs really hurt.

DyByHands

Ive never had a problem with the Izunas in prior DOAs, but in DOA5 alot of direction heavy moves like the izunas and even taunts just don't register the same, for me. :( Can't help you sadly.

TheTHCGamer

Pace it out instead of just doing a fast circle motion as fast as you can. In other words keep doing the circular motion over and over just do it slightly slower. Same with the button presses pace them out instead of just mashing the button.

bingsoo

Honestly, I could not do this on a pad. Stick, on the other hand, made it relatively easy.

Brute

Standard Donor
The PS3 directional buttons will not get you through this. Stick to the joystick.

The roll is the same as the other izuna counters. It's precise, but not too hard. Honestly the most challenging part of the technique, imo, is the first 64Free. Many times I've input it exactly perfect (shows up at the bottom clear as crystal), done it slow and fast, and timed it just right, and yet he still does a normal punch counter. Why? I have no freaking. I'm still working with it. The High and Low counters both work as they should, but the mid-punch one is insane, imo.

HiguraShiki

Honestly, I know this thread is old, but I have no problem doing izuna's on pad. Even the izuna counters seem easy to do on pad. Just make sure you input all the directions properly. If you go onto training mode, when you screw up, you see sometimes you won't input the final 2 properly (you would just input the7896543)

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly, I know this thread is old, but I have no problem doing izuna's on pad. Even the izuna counters seem easy to do on pad. Just make sure you input all the directions properly. If you go onto training mode, when you screw up, you see sometimes you won't input the final 2 properly (you would just input the7896543)
I can do 'em great on the xbox pad, but the PS3 pad just screws me over hard. I dunno how you do it man.

HiguraShiki

I can do 'em great on the xbox pad, but the PS3 pad just screws me over hard. I dunno how you do it man.
Ehh really? I can't do shit on the 360 dpad, it just feels so awkward.
But just saying, you have to learn how to do the full directional inputs. People tend to input extra directions accidently or miss the last direction.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ehh really? I can't do shit on the 360 dpad, it just feels so awkward.
But just saying, you have to learn how to do the full directional inputs. People tend to input extra directions accidently or miss the last direction.
Not exactly true. The Izunas let you fudge 'em.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ya. I honestly don't get how to play Busa though. All I can do correctly is Izuna drop and teleport. His other options and juggles are nice, but it seems so damn slow -_-
That's where most of us are at. Relying on baiting people into doing stupid shit and them punishing them for it. Too slow to do much else.

Obviously that's very over-simplified, but you get the idea.

HiguraShiki

That's where most of us are at. Relying on baiting people into doing stupid shit and them punishing them for it. Too slow to do much else.

Obviously that's very over-simplified, but you get the idea.
It's beyond that. I can't really do anything up close. And lag just kills me more than any other character (bass and bayman as well)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD