Senran Kagura Series

Argentus

Not sure which one you're referring to, but on the wiki (yes, I realize wikis can host incorrect information), she's been in the top spot for everything since Portrait of Girls (where somehow Mirai took it). I get that I'm often iconoclastic just for shits and giggles, but I really don't understand why people like Yumi at all, let alone as the favorite character in the series.

Estival Versus. Got it for cheap, decided to give it a spin. Overall, more fun than I expected. Disabling the clothes shatter in the options helped a fair bit.

i mean, she's the classical japanese ideal of a woman, isn't she? That yamadeshko whatever cliche? It's not that surprising.

Jadeinchains

Cool page 100 of the SK thread. :D

And yeah that's pretty much the reason the Japanese fanbase like Yumi I'm pretty sure. Not a big fan of her personally. Out of Gessen my favorite is Shiki.

Argentus

Cool page 100 of the SK thread. :D

And yeah that's pretty much the reason the Japanese fanbase like Yumi I'm pretty sure. Not a big fan of her personally. Out of Gessen my favorite is Shiki.

Yozakura for me

even putting aside my short hair fetish, those bigass Big O/Asura's Wrath/Big O's Wrath gauntlets are freaking awesome.

Brute

Standard Donor
Same, but Gessen is easily my least favorite faction thus far.
Yozakura for me
Technically I dislike Yozakura more than Yumi, but at least she isn't shoved down my throat as much.

So far I've been liking Ikaruga, Hikage and Kafuru best.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I only like Yumis voice, because Yumi Hara is a goddess. Her voice for Takane Shijou and Kazumi Mishima is pretty amazing too.

I mainly just like Yagyu, Rin and Daidoji

Argentus

Same, but Gessen is easily my least favorite faction thus far.

Technically I dislike Yozakura more than Yumi, but at least she isn't shoved down my throat as much.

So far I've been liking Ikaruga, Hikage and Kafuru best.

I can't stand valley girls so Shiki's out for me.

only girls in the main SK games I actually LIKE are

Hanabi (I can't even pin down WHY i like her so much, I just do, she's my favorite right now)
Hikage
Miyabi
Daidoji

Most everyone else i'm pretty indifferent on. Hanabi's sister, the drummer, has fun gameplay but I don't like HER.

Chapstick

Not sure which one you're referring to, but on the wiki (yes, I realize wikis can host incorrect information), she's been in the top spot for everything since Portrait of Girls (where somehow Mirai took it). I get that I'm often iconoclastic just for shits and giggles, but I really don't understand why people like Yumi at all, let alone as the favorite character in the series.
Oop you're right this is the poll I was thinking of

t0RsDZy.png

My mind completely blocked her out of my memory of it
Estival Versus. Got it for cheap, decided to give it a spin. Overall, more fun than I expected. Disabling the clothes shatter in the options helped a fair bit.
The gameplay is pretty fun and yeah that helps keep the fanservice at a tolerable level. Story for the most part is...garbage but it has a few good moments. The customization is decent too.

P2p1mbs

I'm really surprised that there isn't an announcement for a full asian release but now that I think about it, stores in my country sell both american and asian versions of games so im sure i can find a copy of the american version easily when it comes out (my copies of deep crimson and estival versus are american).

Wonder why Souji, Leo, and Yuyaki aren't on the cover considering they're leaders too

Maybe it's due to this game still being part of the Versus series, and their REAL debut will be in the series starting from SK7

I'm guessing its because its just them showing up and not their entire teams. The cover shows the 4 main leaders which is normal anyway.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Okay the covers for the hibarock and nararock are awesome.
Yozakura looks good in the anime but she looks weird in the game, I just can't put my finger on what's wrong. Hikage should get that 1st place she's both popular in east and west lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

2941585-vu6vhfu.jpg

DAyI5oEXgAEaAa1

Wonder why Souji, Leo, and Yuyaki aren't on the cover considering they're leaders too

Maybe it's due to this game still being part of the Versus series, and their REAL debut will be in the series starting from SK7
I think this version ATM is NA only, Marvelous UK haven't tweeted anything like this and also XSeed have said this is the only retail version in NA.

Did NA also get physical version of Estival? Or was that just UK?

Brute

Standard Donor
So I just finished Estival Versus, and I've come to complain.

The whole game they're hyping up this big demon, and the whole point of the festival is to buff someone up to be strong enough to fight it. Time is even stopped outside the "Estival," presumably because that demon is ready to attack (Sayuri later states that it already has, kinda, in a really stupid reference to multiverse theory) so we need someone strong pronto.

So we reach the end of the festival, where "Jasmine" (why is this a separate character from Sayuri instead of her transformation?) kicks everyone's ass, including defeating Asuka and all the Hanzo students at the same time. Then Renka whoops Homura 1v1 (not to mention an embarrassing mop-up of Crimson by the other sisters). Then Asuka defeats all three Mikaruga Sisters 1v3 (Homura is weak AF, apparently). Then Yumi defeats Jasmine 1v1 (I know she was weakened by this point, but it's still ridiculous), allowing Gessen to kinda fizzle off into irrelevance. Meanwhile Ryoki defeats all of Hanzo (including Asuka) by her lonesome, making her super canon-tier ATM.

Then we're forced to play as Ryoki, who sucks, in a battle we care nothing about. Then we have to do the same thing over again, but flipped (now we're playing as Ryobi, who is also difficult to care about), ultimately fighting a regular character who was given a lot of health. Ryobi and Ryona defeat Ryoki, making them stupidly strong canon-wise ("but it's always a toss up because everyone is so equal-" then what's the point to anything?) Then there's a painfully long and useless monologue and an animated sequence focused on the Ryo sisters, who have become no more interesting after the flopperific "boss battle."

And then... nothing. That's it. The game ends. Nobody became strong enough to fight the demon. No one even bothers to try. The time-limit was a ruse for some reason, so we just spent 8 days jerking off on a fucking island watching an old lady kill herself.

Fuck.

Juihau

Here, I'll give you more to complain about. The game's story isn't even over; there's a paid dlc epilogue.

It reveals the big demon's name as Shin (a name that's come up in the series before), has Hanzo and Gessen finally settle their score, explains a bit more about the state of things outside the festival, and has something that actually feels like a final battle: Sayuri recovers her energy and decides to take on all 23 of the remaining girls as one big finale to the competition.

For the most part, though, as much as EV tries to bill itself as a main entry in the series, it's essentially a full-priced filler episode, and PBS isn't much better on that front. Burst and Deep Crimson actually have not-terrible writing, and while Shinovi Versus isn't quite as good as those two, it's still a pretty big step above EV. Better openings, too.

Don't watch the anime, though.

Last edited:

Banana56

Yeah EV was mainly made as a way to settle what was left from SV. The only real addition story wisd was the Mikagura sisters search for "the girl" (Kagura)

SK7 is where things should really start going off since the story will return to it's more serious vibe

The NW girls will likely be in this game considering some of them are in PBS + one of the teams were seen in the trailer

JDCZPRw_d.jpg

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Yeah seeing as the only senran kagura game i've played is estial versus it gave me a bad first impression but i will try out sk7 when it comes out.

i think the reason jasmine is a seperate character is because they didn't want to show Sayuri's uh...youknow during the transformation, but they could've pulled a Kagura and just not show anything during the transformation.

I know this is an unpopular opinion *i think* but Ryobi and Ryona are my tied second least favourite characters in the whole game, first Yomi.

I also want sk7's story mode to be longer

Chapstick

I know this is an unpopular opinion *i think* but Ryobi and Ryona are my tied second least favourite characters in the whole game
I did not like either one at all. In this game they were basically like

Ryobi: dumb bitch
Ryona: uNNhhH I'm gonna squart
Ryoki: oh hey guys it's your dead sister you have limited time with until the watergun game where I'm still around for some reason
Ryobi: y'all mind if I take this entire story mode to admit why I'm acting cold? btw Ryona you're stupid
Ryona: unHHNHH

Highlights in the story for me were Miyabi reuniting with her mom and getting to relive a bit of the childhood that was taken from her and the Mikaruga sisters' story about Kagura

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD