Senran Kagura Series

Juihau

Uh, yes, I think her hair moves the same way... She doesn't play the same, though. Her moveset has, surprisingly enough, been almost completely redone. She's now a lot faster and more aggressive, and her attacks no longer push enemies out of her range. As far as I can tell, she has the most changes from her EV incarnation out of the whole roster. Why they did that for her specifically, I have no idea.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Uh, yes, I think her hair moves the same way... She doesn't play the same, though. Her moveset has, surprisingly enough, been almost completely redone. She's now a lot faster and more aggressive, and her attacks no longer push enemies out of her range. As far as I can tell, she has the most changes from her EV incarnation out of the whole roster. Why they did that for her specifically, I have no idea.
That sounds great!! Also one last question, is Ryona fixed up back to Shinovi Versus status or is she still the EV incarnation where they nerfed everything?? >.>

Brute

Standard Donor
So, New Link just had a massive update and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. There are now Hanzo (the elephant) cards, and the character/team select screen before launching a mission has a new sub-menu at the bottom) I believe this sacrifices character cards to boost a specific card's stats for a single mission, but not 100% sure).

If anyone sorts it out and is kind enough to explain, I'm all ears.

P2p1mbs

Just got myself a vita, giving shinovi versus a try. I'm surprised I can't select the crimson squad at the start but i guess that means they'll be unlocked later on which is good since i was planning on doing their story last and start with Hebijo first since i know I'll hate their story.

Jadeinchains

new link is doing a bride kind of event I think right now where there's a vote, same with New wave I'm pretty sure so that might be it, Also apparently there's a livestream happening at 8pm Japan time tomorrow where stuff for new link is going to be shown, the last one was apparently where the Mikaruga sisters were revealed so It's possible more characters could be revealed at this one.

Banana56

new link is doing a bride kind of event I think right now where there's a vote, same with New wave I'm pretty sure so that might be it, Also apparently there's a livestream happening at 8pm Japan time tomorrow where stuff for new link is going to be shown, the last one was apparently where the Mikaruga sisters were revealed so It's possible more characters could be revealed at this one.

Hopefully Fuga & Meimei since their voices got just added

Brute

Standard Donor
I learned a bit about this event since the last time I posted about it. The elephant (Hanzo) cards are used like bunny cards, except instead of raising a card's level, they raise the card's luck rating.

The bottom row cards do boost the card they are placed below, but are not consumed when doing so. You get one free slot, but to unlock the second slot, you have to raise the respective character's "heart" level by giving them heart gems.

The voting thing refreshes once a day, and you can vote for a single character. I have no idea what it's for.

Apparently the wedding cards are quite OP, though I haven't tried to get any because Gessen, Hebijo and New Wave girls suck. I'll probably try the gacha when Crimson/Mikaruga/Hanzo roll around, and will probably get zilch because the drop rates are so fucking abysmal in this game.

P2p1mbs

I'm about to finish with Hebijo's story in Shinovi versus and just got started with Gessen's and I really hate both stories; Hebijo's story is annoyingly dark (and made me hate Ryobi and Emu Imu more than I already do) while Gessen's story is just boring (and somehow making me hate Yumi more than I already do).

Once again, like every other SK game, the missions are really repetitive and get boring if you ignore the character interactions. The fact that every level is just constantly fighting the other girls in different levels really shows how repetitive the versus games are and proves that Deep Crimson is the best game in the series; not only are the bosses more unique than just the other girls but its also not burdened by having Yumi and Mee-a-bee's teams around to ruin everything. It also has the best DLCs.

Also, I just found out that Rin and Daidoji are DLC for shinovi versus and since I cant seem to find the DLCs means I apparently have the American version of the game (the cover didnt indicate this) which sadly means I wont be able to use them :(.

At least I have the Hanzo and Crimson stories to look forward to, teams I actually like and I can still play Rin and Daidoji in the other SK games...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm about to finish with Hebijo's story in Shinovi versus and just got started with Gessen's and I really hate both stories; Hebijo's story is annoyingly dark (and made me hate Ryobi and Emu Imu more than I already do) while Gessen's story is just boring (and somehow making me hate Yumi more than I already do).

Once again, like every other SK game, the missions are really repetitive and get boring if you ignore the character interactions. The fact that every level is just constantly fighting the other girls in different levels really shows how repetitive the versus games are and proves that Deep Crimson is the best game in the series; not only are the bosses more unique than just the other girls but its also not burdened by having Yumi and Mee-a-bee's teams around to ruin everything. It also has the best DLCs.

Also, I just found out that Rin and Daidoji are DLC for shinovi versus and since I cant seem to find the DLCs means I apparently have the American version of the game (the cover didnt indicate this) which sadly means I wont be able to use them :(.

At least I have the Hanzo and Crimson stories to look forward to, teams I actually like and I can still play Rin and Daidoji in the other SK games...
I like Hebijos SV story since their ending is the darkest and most controversial xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Of course you did :rolleyes:
I'm drawn to anything dark and controversial tbh xD I even like to make characters like Lili and Anna darker than what they are even tho obviously they put a dark cloud over tekken with their designs and fighting styles alone which is why I like them

I also can't wait for Burst Renewal to come out since the new items and tans look nice although the character models and voices have been used and passed around more than Lisa in the science lab, like come on >.> I'm gonna be pissed if they charge AGAIN for stuff I've already bought...

Jadeinchains

I'm drawn to anything dark and controversial tbh xD I even like to make characters like Lili and Anna darker than what they are even tho obviously they put a dark cloud over tekken with their designs and fighting styles alone which is why I like them

I remember giving Lili and Ling Xiaoyu as well gothic and punkrock outfits back in T6, They looked so good lol, :p Ling had these huge black twin tails too. So I know what you mean.

the character models and voices have been used and passed around more than Lisa in the science lab, like come on >.>

LMAO!!
tenor.gif

We're talking about SK here lmao! Don't drag Lisa into this lol! XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I remember giving Lili and Ling Xiaoyu as well gothic and punkrock outfits back in T6, They looked so good lol, :p Ling had these huge black twin tails too. So I know what you mean.

LMAO!!
tenor.gif

We're talking about SK here lmao! Don't drag Lisa into this lol! XD
I knew that would annoy you xD but it's true tho, I can see why no one really likes BR since its not really like a new game, it's kinda like a tacked together placeholder like the arcade modes in SFV arcade edition where it doesn't seem truly sincere. Plus I haven't heard anything about new DLC so they probably will stop after they release the other girls as DLC since Japan must also get bored buying the same shit again. I know I would >.>

Jadeinchains

I knew that would annoy you xD but it's true tho, I can see why no one really likes BR since its not really like a new game, it's kinda like a tacked together placeholder like the arcade modes in SFV arcade edition where it doesn't seem truly sincere. Plus I haven't heard anything about new DLC so they probably will stop after they release the other girls as DLC since Japan must also get bored buying the same shit again. I know I would >.>

yeah PBS got supported for like a year after release whereas Renewal got like Ryoki as dlc and then I stopped hearing about dlc for it. I might get renewal but I'm not massively excited for it while I am really excited for any SK7 news.

oh and PS! Naraku and Kagura got revealed as the next characters for New Link.

P2p1mbs

I double checked my copy of shinovi versus and it is an asian version. I still cant seem to find the dlcs for it, have they been discontinued?

Brute

Standard Donor
The gacha was actually nice to me for a change. Got Homura's new card, Haruka's new card, and some kind of nurse/doctor/scientist Hikage card.

edit: Wow. Actually got Kafuru, as well. Thanks, RNGesus.
The attack animations on the wedding/bride cards are kinda lame, but oh well.

It's kind of weird having a full team of characters I like that don't totally suck.
image.jpg

P2p1mbs

I finally managed to finish both Gessen and Hebijo's stories in shinovi versus and am quite relived:

I knew the Hebijo story would be dark and even when I skipped thru most of the cutscenes, I still felt annoyed at the characters. I'm particularly annoyed at how Rin seemed completely uncaring over the team's desire to kill Crimson squad despite the fact that she clearly cares more about Homura's team than she does them.

I get that they wanted us to care about the 5 girls and their own struggles but having them KILL EVERY OTHER TEAM only made me hate all of them except Murasaki. I know their shinobi hearts stories are more light in tone so I'll probably care more for them there.

Unlike the Hebijo story, I actually tried to pay attention to the cutscenes to try and better understand the team but it only made me dislike them even more; their character arc of realizing there is no real difference between the morals of good and evil shinobis felt like it too way too long to apply since they only came to accept this at the very end of the story.

The story also really highlights how uninteresting Yozakura and Yumi are (I hate Ryobi and Imu more but at least those 2 have some sympathetic and humorous moments) and how Minori is basically just an uninteresting version or Hibari. I did kinda like Murakumo's interactions with Yomi and Ikagura though.

Then the reveal that Hanzo himself was actually their mentor who encourages them to attack the Hanzo girls really feels like he betrayed his own school. It is nice to see him being something other than a filthy perv.

Now I can finally focus on the teams I actually like. Its just a shame that I might not be able to get the Rin and Daidoji stories*...

*are those no longer available for purchase?

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I bought Shinovi way after release on Steam, and I got both Rin and Daidoji, plus their shinobi heart missions, free.

But yeah, I agree. I kinda have mixed feelings on Hebijo, but Gessen just straight-up sucks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD