Senran Kagura Series

P2p1mbs

I finally finished the Shinovi versus Crimson squad story and am REALLY pleased :).

I already like the team and their interactions with the other girls are quite entertaining; I particularly liked Hikage's interaction with Imu and how she can't understand why Imu hates her so much yet is clearly trying to make it up to her despite missing the point. I don't really like Ryona that much but I also really enjoyed her interaction with Haruka.

Surprisingly, I actually wanted to see a bit more of the team bonding with the Gessen girls :eek: by helping them get past their narrow views of good and evil like how the Hanzo girls did but it's clear they were saving the main development to Crimson and the Hebijo girls.

I like how even Rin gets a moment in the story. Seeing how she was largely pointless in the Hebijo story, its pretty clear she's regarded more as a mentor to Crimson squad then Hebijo and cares more about them then Me-a-bee's team.

I'm a bit annoyed how Hanzo is once again depicted as weak by being beaten offscreen by the other teams but I can easily imagine this and the Hanzo stories being merged together as the canonical events meaning they won against Gessen and helped develop their characters.

I am a bit surprised at how the final fight against Me-a-bee is only one fight unlike the Hanzo or Gessen where Yumi and Asuka fight twice but it kind shows how powerful Homura is so I am ok with that.

With the exception of Haruka (that cape wearing drone of hers blocked my view making it hard to play her), I really enjoyed playing all the members of the team, especially Mirai and Hikage.

I also really liked how they actually tied the story to both the previous games by having Dougen return (though I found his death anticlimactic) as well as hinting the events of future games by actually mentioning Yomas and the title of Kagura. They clearly want this to be the main canonical story and I regard it as such. The ending where all the teams are standing together against an army of yomas is exactly the type of thing I wanted to see in an ending like this.

This story was definitely worth having to go thru the other stories :thumbs up:.

P2p1mbs

@P2p1mbs, you've still got one more story to finish, and personally, I think it's even more satisfying than the Crimson Squad ending.

I saw it unlock after i finished the Crimson squad story. Looking forward to trying it out :).

My friend told me I might not be seeing the DLCs because I have a different asian version from what can work on my account so that pretty much confirms I wont be able to buy the Rin and Daidoji DLCs :(.

I am considering buying bon appetit but I'm not really into that kind of game. Maybe in the future when I have some more money to spend, there's space in my vita memory card and if I'm really bored. At least by then, I would have played every major game in the series...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm just waiting for the best SK game Shinovi Versus to be remade for PS4 XD That's the only SK game im really interested in besides SK7 tbh

Jadeinchains

This was just posted on kenichiro_taka twitter page -
DhEkkDeVAAATrwy.jpg

Definitely from Peach Ball, This looks really nice. I guess we'll be getting some news soon, And they did say Anime season 2 news coming soon too so maybe that as well. The translation of the tweet is kinda hard to understand but it was either that something in August? Like news in August or the game actually comes out in August?

Edit: It seems to be talking about news In August.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This was just posted on kenichiro_taka twitter page -
DhEkkDeVAAATrwy.jpg

Definitely from Peach Ball, This looks really nice. I guess we'll be getting some news soon, And they did say Anime season 2 news coming soon too so maybe that as well. The translation of the tweet is kinda hard to understand but it was either that something in August? Like news in August or the game actually comes out in August?

Edit: It seems to be talking about news In August.
If only pinball didn't bore me xD is there any gameplay video of how it'll play yet?

Jadeinchains

Yeah it looks nice but I'm not really into pinball so I'm not so sure how much this will interest me, However we are also getting anime news which I am interested in hearing about since I liked the season 1 of the anime and the fact that the anime is going to be going over a new adventure/story will be cool to see. ( Random cameos of the new wave girls would be cool. :p )

Not to mention at least once the pinball game is out the attention will be on SK7 so then we can hopefully finally see what the game is like or at least begin to get more info on what it's going to be like.

And sorry there's no gameplay of peachball yet, I guess that might happen in August with the news?

Banana56

I’m not too hyped for Pinball, but I’ll buy it since it’s one of those “leisure” games that you play when you just want to play something simple yet fun.

Can’t wait for the 2nd anime. Hopefully it’ll be somewhat of a new story instead of just Shinovi Versus the anime.

And hopefully news on 7even comes out. I get this is going to be a huge project and that it’ll take time, but they could show SOMETHING.

Seeing Arc Angel’s redesigns, Milky Pop’s redesigns, and Kasumi’s new avatar, I could see a lot of the New Wave Girls debuting in SK7EVEN. New Link girls have already been confirmed.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

I tried out the hidden final chapter of Shinovi versus and I'm surprised at how difficult it is. Possibly the most difficult fight in the series I've had so far. Its nice to see that it only focuses on Asuka and Homura so it pretty much confirms either the Hanzo or Crimson stories are canon. I like how the narration seems to be fully viced rather than just a few lines being voiced. I'll probably have to level both girls up before I try to finish it properly.

I also started going about the shinobi hearts story. I forced myself to play Yumi's first and while her goal is just as boring as I would expect from her, the ending where she concludes cuteness equals justice (or whatever she meant) and the bit when Shiki freaked out at seeing "cute Yumi" was kinda amusing.

Then I went about Yozakura's story and it was exactly as boring as I expected it to be. Can they ever present her as anything other than serious? Even Yumi has moments when she lets loose....

Interestingly, when I checked out the Hebijo school post story, talking to the girls imply the other teams are still alive. I'm Gessen guessing they didn't actually kill them in the story but I'm probably overanalyzing....

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I tried out the hidden final chapter of Shinovi versus and I'm surprised at how difficult it is. Possibly the most difficult fight in the series I've had so far. Its nice to see that it only focuses on Asuka and Homura so it pretty much confirms either the Hanzo or Crimson stories are canon. I like how the narration seems to be fully viced rather than just a few lines being voiced. I'll probably have to level both girls up before I try to finish it properly.

I also started going about the shinobi hearts story. I forced myself to play Yumi's first and while her goal is just as boring as I would expect from her, the ending where she concludes cuteness equals justice (or whatever she meant) and the bit when Shiki freaked out at seeing "cute Yumi" was kinda amusing.

Then I went about Yozakura's story and it was exactly as boring as I expected it to be. Can they ever present her as anything other than serious? Even Yumi has moments when she lets loose....

Interestingly, when I checked out the Hebijo school post story, talking to the girls imply the other teams are still alive. I'm Gessen guessing they didn't actually kill them in the story but I'm probably overanalyzing....
Idk why but the EV shinobi and PBS Shinobi heart missions turn me off, they seem so out of place and strange while SV ones seem more well written. Like I still do not understand why Ryona and Ikaruga just fought in EV, all Ryona did was say overtly sexual or lewd sounding things and Ikaruga was getting freaked out, and they have their strange conversation as they fight which seems strange imo...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
1531160244156.jpg

Don't know when this was shown but I just saw it, I think It was shown a while ago though, And I guess you'll be happy @KasumiLover69 since it at least has Ryona.

And that's cool that you've gotten SV @Mayor-Of-Mustard I've only watched a playthrough of that but like EV it looked really good.
Is that really only on the Switch?? Welp I definitely can't get it now even tho I might since I heard smash has Daisy who's a better princess than Peach imo besides their hair length XD

I hope Ikaruga is in the pinball game too since I need her and her hime cut <3
IMG_20180709_160933.jpg

Jadeinchains

We're actually supposed to finally be getting news on what seems like the 1st of August, so soon. It will be about the 2nd season of the anime they are working on and also news about Peach ball.

Oh and the 2nd season of the anime has been said to be a new original story but I'm guessing we'll learn more about it on the 1st. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD