[Sep 24, 2012] 2GG Fatal Five: Dead or Alive 5 Pre Launch Tournament @ Gameplay (Long Beach, CA)

ChampTang

WU36l.jpg

MONDAY NIGHT MADNESS: Launch Tournaments Edition

Come join us for the launch of Dead or Alive 5! We will have a tournament and free food and drinks!

CONTACT INFORMATION
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/2ggaming
Phone Number: Champ - 562 645 6031 Gameplay - 562-421-688
Facebook Page:

5911 East Spring St.
Long Beach, CA 90808

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

SUNDAY September 24th, 2012
6:00PM - Registration Begins
7:00PM - Tournament Starts

EVENT LINEUP

Dead or Alive 5

You must bring your own controller. We have a dual modded house stick and some controller converters. The converter will only work on the official ps3 controller and a WIRED 360 controller. Some other controller works too but msg me to confirm it.

REGISTRATION

To register, just come to our event and register. There's no online pre registration
Entry Fee: $5 per game
Venue Fee: $5 total

PAYOUT

60/30/10% of the pot will be given to top 3 as cash prizes.

RULES

Best of 3 for all matches
Best of 5 for Winners, Losers, and Grands finals
Default setting
Double Elimination

We have TE sticks and 360/ps3 controllers for anyone to use but we are not responsible if it malfunctions. We highly encourage you to bring your own controller.

SWEEPSTAKE AND GIVEAWAY

1 $10 Gameplay gift card
1 $25 Amazon Gift Card
1 Pacific Media Expo Badge

Enter our $25 Amazon gift card giveaway by liking our facebook. We will do a drawing at the end of each month!

NOS Energy Drink is now supporting us because they like our cause and want to help the gaming community as a whole. At every single one of our event, we will be giving away FREE NOS drinks and swag such as bandana, hats, t shirt, sunglasses, water bottle, etc.! All you gotta do is attend our event and come have fun =) Thank you NOS!

NukNuks

If the launch party in Frisco is not available to the public then I will be attending this. The date of the launch party and this tournament are too close together for me to attend both. I have a question tho. Will the tournament be played on the xbox or playstation version of the game?

Doug Nguyen

What time does the tournament end though because i dont think i can stay till 12. I have class early the next day.

ikodomo

I have a few questions. Will we be able to play the game before the tournament begins? Will all the unlocked characters be playable once the tournament starts?

ChampTang

Tournament will be on the ps3. BUT, we have controller converters that allows you to use your WIRED 360 controller on a ps3 system. We also have multiple Madcatz TE sticks that you can use. The converter is as lagless as it can be and we have players winning tournaments using this same converter. Pro players in the SF and Marvel community also use this same converter to win national tournaments. It's legit.

I highly doubt it will end at midnight. It usually ends around 10pm when we host launch events.

There will be warm up before the tournament where people can play. I'm going to say no on all the char. available seeing as how Alpha 152 needs you to unlock all the titles and etc. We'll probably end up with just the starting chars. depending on how hard it is to unlock every1.

Doug Nguyen

Awesome i think ill go. Is this a convention with booths and stuff or is it strictly a tournament. And do they open at 6 exactly? or can you come early to practice?

Renarism

I'd be attending this if it weren't the day before launch. I'd want to be near my gamestop in order to play the game all to myself :) haha but I hope the SF launch party is open.

ChampTang

Can you buy the the retail game once you're there or do you have wait until midnight?

you can buy it once you're there.

It's at the gamestore so they're open since 10am. The tournament just starts at 6pm or so.

This is just a tournament at the store. There will be free food and drinks given out during the event though.

Pretty much, this is just an event for people who like the game and want to meet people offline and have a competition. Personally I think this is something people should attend because it'll start the offline scene. There will also be people that are not on this forum because it's being advertise at the store already.

The prize is 60/30/10% pot distribution. So, more money if more people come. We will also be raffling off a $10 gameplay gift card, a pacifix media expo badge, and we're working with madcatz on raffling off free sticks too.

Trust me, it's going to be fun.

Doug Nguyen

you can buy it once you're there.

It's at the gamestore so they're open since 10am. The tournament just starts at 6pm or so.

This is just a tournament at the store. There will be free food and drinks given out during the event though.

Pretty much, this is just an event for people who like the game and want to meet people offline and have a competition. Personally I think this is something people should attend because it'll start the offline scene. There will also be people that are not on this forum because it's being advertise at the store already.

The prize is 60/30/10% pot distribution. So, more money if more people come. We will also be raffling off a $10 gameplay gift card, a pacifix media expo badge, and we're working with madcatz on raffling off free sticks too.

Trust me, it's going to be fun.
Is this just a small tournament or is the store big enough to have other things to do.

NukNuks

Okay so I'm not going to be attending this tournament after all. Good luck to all that enter.

NukNuks

It would cost me a little over $110 just to make it out there and back because I would take the Greyhound or Amtrak. Then I would have to book a hotel for 1 or 2 days which is another grip I'd have to shell out. As much as I would love to go, it would be best for me to save my skrills. Besides, the details on the SF launch party aren't confirmed and I would really like to hit that up.

Doug Nguyen

So i might be late to the tounament. When does registration end?

Sorry for double posting but if anyone could let me know the registration cut off time, that would be great. My brother wants to come but doesnt get home till 5:45. So i need to let him know whether to meet there or at home. Im about 20-30 minutes from long beach i think.

ChampTang

To all Socal fighters,

I just been told that GAMEPLAY at LONG BEACH just got their shipment for DEAD OR ALIVE 5! They have both 360 & PS3

5911 E. Spring Street , Long Beach, CA.
(562) 421-6880

They close at 10PM today.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD