So, Now That Leifang and Hitomi Have Been Teased...

Macca Beam

almost thought they had the same intro as well

why is hitomi's hair almost black
why is leifang wearing this tryhard nonsensical costume instead of the china dress
and uh... guess the game graduated from samey facepunch to samey bellypunch

better stage than the last 2 though

Raansu

Hitomi's BB is perfect. I'm so glad not every BB is just a generic punch to the face.

She seems to have 3 new moves.

3p has a mid kick follow up now, she seems to have Eins wide swing punch, and her standard k input leading into a mix of 3p+k start animation and ending in a 46p animation.

Hope to see more of her since they say the game will be playable, though I don't expect to see too much since its not like EVO where it was being streamed/played by top players.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hitomi's BB is perfect. I'm so glad not every BB is just a generic punch to the face.

She seems to have 3 new moves.

3p has a mid kick follow up now, she seems to have Eins wide swing punch, and her standard k input leading into a mix of 3p+k start animation and ending in a 46p animation.

Hope to see more of her since they say the game will be playable, though I don't expect to see too much since its not like EVO where it was being streamed/played by top players.
At best we might see the colours and win poses and stuff or accidental new move showcases

Radiance

Nice trailer. I did find it stupid that both start with a double kick in their greeting.

0:14 Leifang's low hold has changed... Interesting.

That hold animation reminds me more of the simplistic hold animations in DOA1/DOA++. Guessing they want to reserve the damaging/situational holds to advanced counters only? But not sure how I feel about that leaving the opponent stunned; being able to block and just giving lei fang frame advantage would be preferable.

Macca Beam

Hitomi looks very pretty this time. i'm HYPED
that's the same face as before
now with a ridiculous blush, completely wrong hair color and too much glossiness everywhere, and even deader eyes and lips color. for some reason hitomi is the single character they consistently screw up the textures of

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
now with a ridiculous blush, completely wrong hair color and too much glossiness everywhere, and even deader eyes and lips color. for some reason hitomi is the single character they consistently screw up the textures of

Or don't do a lot of new stuff with... I'm not high on her Karate girl outfit being her default costume. Other than Leifang, I haven't been impressed at all with the default attires. Not trying to be a critic, but Kasumi's default should have went back to her classic outfit. Hayate's looks awful, Jann Lee's looks generic. I think that Diego's shirt with "got guts?" is absolutely the worst thing I've seen yet. Please change that Team NINJA.

These are very small complaints, I just hope they don't plan on launching the game with the defaults they have now. Diego and Rig looks fairly complete in their design, but Leifang takes the cake easily as having the best outfit and look.

And for the love of god get Zack out of those stupid business clothes with that dumb Conor McGregor look. Go back to the fun designs right from the start to showcase this character.

NightAntilli

That hold animation reminds me more of the simplistic hold animations in DOA1/DOA++. Guessing they want to reserve the damaging/situational holds to advanced counters only? But not sure how I feel about that leaving the opponent stunned; being able to block and just giving lei fang frame advantage would be preferable.
Well... It depends. Considering the follow-up in the trailer, it's a fast one, and the animation, Hitomi was already recovering. I doubt it would stun long enough for a proper launcher. It's fine if this is the case.

Raansu

It wouldn't be Leifang without a stupid number of holds that give ridiculous advantage and stuns lol.

SailorHonoka

just gonna leave this here lol. her face is thinner she got a nose job. eyebrows changed. u can clearly see the difference
only thing that needs to be changed is her hair color.

2.jpg

1Sate-ku-batata.jpg

Raansu

just gonna leave this here lol. her face is thinner she got a nose job. eyebrows changed. u can clearly see the difference
only thing that needs to be changed is her hair color.

View attachment 25570
View attachment 25571

The hair could just be lighting. Its definitely darker looking than normal. Her face is spot on though. She looks like how she was originally designed. I always disliked how she looked in 5.

Macca Beam

Or don't do a lot of new stuff with... I'm not high on her Karate girl outfit being her default costume. Other than Leifang, I haven't been impressed at all with the default attires. Not trying to be a critic, but Kasumi's default should have went back to her classic outfit. Hayate's looks awful, Jann Lee's looks generic. I think that Diego's shirt with "got guts?" is absolutely the worst thing I've seen yet. Please change that Team NINJA.
i agree. you absolutely cannot get any more generic and lazy than a karate outfit in a fighting game, and it's doubly bad on hitomi as she wasn't a particularly remarkable character to begin with. same problem with jann lee. kasumi losing her default for generic capeshit suit just to blend in with the rest of the ninjas because they're trying to force this "i'm a tough action grrrrrrrrl now" thing is tragic, hayate and rig's are some deviantart-tier wrist slitting shit, and i don't quite recall helena wearing boring monochrome dresses before.

can't believe i'm starting to miss itagaki after all this time.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Now to clarify, it's not killing me that the outfits are not good -- there is just a clear night and day difference when you compare Leifang and Helena to the rest of the cast. Not just their outfit design but overall look.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD