So theres a 4chan (I know) rumor. Thoughts?

HHH816

I wouldn't be surprised if 2-4 characters don't make the final cut due to some type of time constraints, but the topic at hand somehow has a list on who exactly appears for some weird monthly reveals as well as DLC? really? DLC? we are not even on 2019 to even be speaking of DLC.

Dude , even SF, Tekken and currently SC using this DLC character season pass model.. why you think TN wont' use this. It's profitable. It's all in plan. even shimbori said it himself.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Dude , even SF, Tekken and currently SC using this DLC character season pass model.. why you think TN wont' use this. It's profitable. It's all in plan. even shimbori said it himself.

Because the rumor hasn't provided a single bit of true information confirming that. The rumor from the very first post and the article that you posted are "different" here. The article was out of pure coincidence that TN mentioned temporary character cuts. What seems to be confirmed is that some characters won't make the final cut for "launch" within the vanilla version of DOA6. What isn't confirmed is the monthly details from 4chan with each characters as well as the DLC characters being shown from the topic. How can their be leaks when they haven't even touched the game yet let alone crack it open to see exactly which character is coming from the monthly? article and rumor looks more like a contradiction with one stating the opposite (which is 4chan).

Short story, the article is legit and I'd probably believe it since it makes sense (to a degree). The 4chan post however (with the list of characters and DLC) doesn't seem to be legit.

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor

DyByHands

How can their be leaks when they haven't even touched the game yet let alone crack it open to see exactly which character is coming from the monthly?
TBF, couldn't it be from someone who has inside info? Not that I am trying to validate the rumor. But it is possible. This stuff does happen time to time. But overall, yeah, I will absolutely believe Shimbori in any interview over "anonymous" from 4chan any day.

And I would enjoy Donovan as a boss. I legit thought he would be the boss in 5.

Edit: Does anyone in here visit 4chan? I wouldn't mind seeing the original post or whatever. I just pulled the info from a resetera post.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
TBF, couldn't it be from someone who has inside info? Not that I am trying to validate the rumor. But it is possible. This stuff does happen time to time. But overall, yeah, I will absolutely believe Shimbori in any interview over "anonymous" from 4chan any day.

It's possible. Has happened before with Resident Evil 6, though doubtful with DOA6 due to different articles (Gamespot, WG) mentioning the game's current progress.

But if it does happen, woo boy lol.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

KwonJigglypuff

It kinda make sense not to necessarely have characters like Lisa, Leon or Mila as DLC, but rather iconic veterans like Tina (Bass is already here to represent the wrestling art), Brad (his fighting style is precious to me but probably optional in terms of representation). The same applies to Ein, but he is actually quite popular. Kokoro is still an enigma...

No Momiji (and Rachel) is pretty weird too!

Sun-Ha is a name any Kpop fan could come up with. But her link to Leon is kinda surprising.

Anyway it seems to early, except if this leak is from a marketing employee I guess. But the whole thing could be believable. Hard to tell it's true, sounds like a 50/50 to me...

Xhominid The Demon Within

Honestly, the characters I see being DLC are the main ones that primarily already hold similar fighting styles or barely has a place in the story since their stories have concluded.

Mainly I see Gen Fu, Leon, Bass(sorry Wah), Lisa(not sorry Jade) and Phase 4 not being playable characters and being DLC.

I can see them quickly adding them back in but because of that, we might as well not expect any guest characters soon.

Jadeinchains

Honestly, the characters I see being DLC are the main ones that primarily already hold similar fighting styles or barely has a place in the story since their stories have concluded.

Mainly I see Gen Fu, Leon, Bass(sorry Wah), Lisa(not sorry Jade) and Phase 4 not being playable characters and being DLC.

I can see them quickly adding them back in but because of that, we might as well not expect any guest characters soon.

I lost Jade in Mortal Kombat 10, I'll be damned If I'm gonna lose Lisa in DoA6.
She must be in the base roster.

KwonJigglypuff

I lost Jade in Mortal Kombat 10, I'll be damned If I'm gonna lose Lisa in DoA6.
She must be in the base roster.

She has her chance, solely for the fact that they (should) know people will complain about racism if she's cut. Plus she fits within the new 'strong hardworking female' direction and the appeal of the west because of her unique skin color.
I hate this reasoning, but it would make me happy to have my Lisa.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Don't forget Ein, he'll likely be DLC or a upgrade character too.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's only going to be DOA6 vanilla regardless. It's got a long way to go after March.

Though it is a shame they scrapped Donovan. It seems they want to keep him in that chair instead of the mad scientist to make moves physically.

Last edited:

Raansu

Donovan doesn't even come across as a fighter to me. Don't get why people want him as a playable fighter.

That said, that list is definitely BS lol. No way core characters will be DLC. Characters that wont show up will obviously be guest characters, most likely the NG characters and characters added in ultimate/dlc characters from 5 likely wont be in (with some exceptions probably like Marie Rose). Lisa is a toss up.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Donovan doesn't even come across as a fighter to me. Don't get why people want him as a playable fighter..

Well see here's the thing (as most typical FG main villains do and previous ones in DOA), if I was to work for Donovan I'd expect my boss to be literally superior to me to entrust my position with him. If my boss does nothing but sit around in present events then that's a problem and I wouldn't take this man serious as a true boss, I would at least expect him to alter his body in the future as a plan in some type of future DOA game just in case he does kick the bucket when Hayabusa and friends run in there and blow everything up he's developed. It would be an incredibly shitty outcome if the heroes finally stop this man and turns out he's nothing but an ordinary man without a hint of combat experience or situation where he can reverse what just happened. It's like having M. Bison but a paradox version in SF where he pretty much talks, schemes, and lets his minion does the work until the very end where he has no minions left and no attempt to reverse.

This DOA clone story trope is old and puts people to sleep. How long must we keep up with DOA's mediocre story chasing this man with 20+ Kasumi clones while trying to develop the roster to get characters more fleshed out?

As for the list, it's fake yeah.

Last edited:

DyByHands

Playable or not, I think Donovan could be made into a cool final boss. Shimbori saying no playable Donovan doesn’t remove him from the boss territory. Other than Tengu, playable bosses are somewhat rare for DOA. Obviously in 5 we got alpha and Dimensions went all in with everyone, lol. Other than that it was always just unlockable Tengu from the Boss side.
But, we don’t really know anything about Donovan other than being behind doatech and being a “mad scientist” who wears a suit and mask. But thats enough info to work with really. And it will suck if its Alpha/Phase as end boss, again.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Playable or not, I think Donovan could be made into a cool final boss. Shimbori saying no playable Donovan doesn’t remove him from the boss territory. Other than Tengu, playable bosses are somewhat rare for DOA. Obviously in 5 we got alpha and Dimensions went all in with everyone, lol. Other than that it was always just unlockable Tengu from the Boss side.
But, we don’t really know anything about Donovan other than being behind doatech and being a “mad scientist” who wears a suit and mask. But thats enough info to work with really. And it will suck if its Alpha/Phase as end boss, again.

Truthfully on my end, I was more on the lines of only wanting him playable just so we can finally end this clone story fiasco and just come up with a completely new reason for this whole DOA tournament shenanigan. However, not a single individual within FSD has provided any sorts of real reasoning as to why he *shouldn't* be playable. "Eh, I don't want Donovan to be playable. No reason why, I just don't want him because my feelings are pretty weird" I mean, totally -logic-.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Truthfully on my end, I was more on the lines of wanting him playable just so we can finally end this clone story fiasco and just come up with a completely new reason for this whole DOA tournament shenanigan. However, not a single individual within FSD has provided any sorts of real reasoning as to why he *shouldn't* be playable. "Eh, I don't want Donovan to be playable. No reason why, I just don't want him because my feelings are pretty weird" I mean, totally -logic-.
I personally view villains who value self preservation and cowardice as more motivating and infuriating than the badass ones that are capable of checking heroes onto their butts. I love both kinds of villains, but for me personally Donovan is much more exciting to me as that asshole you just can't ever seem to get your hands on. When they finally do put him in a fight though, as I said, they better bring it hard. Make the heroes regret trying so hard to track him down and confront him. I do agree the clones are getting really, really, really old. Like really old.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I personally view villains who value self preservation and cowardice as more motivating and infuriating than the badass ones that are capable of checking heroes onto their butts. I love both kinds of villains, but for me personally Donovan is much more exciting to me as that asshole you just can't ever seem to get your hands on. When they finally do put him in a fight though, as I said, they better bring it hard. Make the heroes regret trying so hard to track him down and confront him. I do agree the clones are getting really, really, really old. Like really old.

You are the first human being so far that actually gave a reason why. Sounds reasonable. I support the post because it's not the typical "no because -insert no reason here-".

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD