So, What's You're Opinion on Jann's Style/JKD?

TLEE SAID THIS:

Technical (gameplay) or aesthetic wise.

He's not my favorite representation, but at least he's not a Bruce Lee clone. He has some moves that I feel that are kinda unfitting or look funny:
- His CB which reminds me of the movie Game of Death where the guy breaks the wood board and Bruce says "Boards don't fight back" and its an awkward looking chop
- 2 H+K is an awkward sweep
- The kick in PPPK is pretty funny looking

Gameplay wise is not my strongest suit since I just picked him up, but it's funny how JKD is called the Intercepting Fist, but Jann has a 10 frame jab compared to Honoka's 9 when she isn't as seasoned nor trains as long or as hard.

Overall, it's his interpretation and it's ok. There's just some things about it that I have to nitpick at.

Oh yeah, 46K is my favorite move. It's so crazy! :eek:

Lulu

I don't know...... the only time I can tell Fighting Styles apart is if its something painfully obvious like Drunken Fist and Wresting. To me, Jeet Kune Doe is the style were people make funky sounds when they attack. I'm not sure which one I like Between Jacky or Jan Less' s JKD...... I'm just happy They are Unique.

Oh and Seriously ? Honoka is that Fast ? It must be to compensate for her short limbs....

Darkslay

Technical (gameplay) or aesthetic wise.

He's not my favorite representation, but at least he's not a Bruce Lee clone. He has some moves that I feel that are kinda unfitting or look funny:
- His CB which reminds me of the movie Game of Death where the guy breaks the wood board and Bruce says "Boards don't fight back" and its an awkward looking chop
- 2 H+K is an awkward sweep
- The kick in PPPK is pretty funny looking

Gameplay wise is not my strongest suit since I just picked him up, but it's funny how JKD is called the Intercepting Fist, but Jann has a 10 frame jab compared to Honoka's 9 when she isn't as seasoned nor trains as long or as hard.

Overall, it's his interpretation and it's ok. There's just some things about it that I have to nitpick at.

Oh yeah, 46K is my favorite move. It's so crazy! :eek:

That's what i love about Lee, that he's not an outright clone like other JKD fighters, from his fighting style to his overall design.

His CB dates back to the first DOA, where like with a lot of his other moves TN changed the name in later games, 6P+K used to be called the sekkan chop and it was actually 4P in previous games, sekkan were the regency titles given to successors of emperors in feudal Japan, i personally like the move.

Yeah 2H+K looks a little weird and its slow, but i think that's to compensate for the move's ridiculous range.

Again PPPK is one of his most iconic moves imo, i like it a lot actually, i think it does the name "dragon rush" justice lol.

That's true, but that would make him the only male with a 9F jab, still his DS (dragon stance) grants him extremely fast strikes, a 9F jab, a 10F mid and a 11F mid kick.

My personal favorite moves are 4PPP (dragon fire), 246P (dragon knuckle), 1PP (double dragon blast) and 4KKP (dragon blaze), and yeah 46K is awesome. ;)

Last edited:

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
Again PPPK is one of his most iconic moves imo, i like it a lot actually, i think it does the name "dragon rush" justice lol.

My personal favorite moves are 4PPP (dragon fire), 246P (dragon knuckle), 1PP (double dragon blast) and 4KPP (dragon blaze), and yeah 46K is awesome. ;)

Oh my gawd! So many of his moves starts with the word "Dragon" Dragon on everything lol :confused:

Lulu

You'l get use to it....... remember when saying Xbox One used to sound weird ?

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
DK for the win!
XLAM0224.JPG

Lulu

Okay so as a Former Tina Player.... everytime I knock a player away... I chase after them and go for ground attacks.

Does anybody find it somewhat Annoying when Jan Lee does a huge Knock Back attack and then when you try to Forward Dash the input doesn'r register because he's too busy chirping like some weird bird: "Wuuuuuoooaaaahhh"...... Jacky seems to do a similar thing except he says "Come On". Luckily he does it less Often than ol'Janny.

Meanwhile the opponent can get up Safely while those two are busy showing off.

WAZAAAAA

Okay so as a Former Tina Player.... everytime I knock a player away... I chase after them and go for ground attacks.

Does anybody find it somewhat Annoying when Jan Lee does a huge Knock Back attack and then when you try to Forward Dash the input doesn'r register because he's too busy chirping like some weird bird: "Wuuuuuoooaaaahhh"...... Jacky seems to do a similar thing except he says "Come On". Luckily he does it less Often than ol'Janny.

Yes Hitomi is a victim of this taunt mechanic too with her OSU!
I wish they removed them, maybe in DOA6?

TLEE SAID THIS:

I assume that the taunts were intentionally placed in for stylistic purposes and to stop him from being too strong. If the dragon kick didn't have its taunt, you would be able to spam it over and over.

Lulu

I assume that the taunts were intentionally placed in for stylistic purposes and to stop him from being too strong. If the dragon kick didn't have its taunt, you would be able to spam it over and over.
I don't think it would.... its Highly unsafe on Hold.... if you can chase it fast enough then you can punish it..... plus its highly telegraphed.

Darkslay

Very true, sorry i didn't comment on this earlier.

Those "taunts" he does after various moves are there to make him more balanced, with Lee's insane knockback on a lot of his attacks, not having those "taunts" would make him an environment monster, with being able to activate danger zones from a mile away for free damage.

Still, its balanced. Notice how a :6::6::K: loses the "taunt" after a wall splat allowing you to follow up with a combo.

Lulu

Very true, sorry i didn't comment on this earlier.

Those "taunts" he does after various moves are there to make him more balanced, with Lee's insane knockback on a lot of his attacks, not having those "taunts" would make him an environment monster, with being able to activate danger zones from a mile away for free damage.

Still, its balanced. Notice how a :6::6::K: loses the "taunt" after a wall splat allowing you to follow up with a combo.

WoW that's actually quite interesting.... and yeah the knock back on all of his moves is crazy insane..... I think only Akira can match him in that department.

Speaking of Which.... did you you know Sarah's style used to described as Jeet Kune Do just like Jack'y's..... so uhm yeah..... thats about as close to a female JKD practioner I think we're gona get.... her Dragon Kick is terrible though.

Darkslay

Not really, a lot of characters have moves with insane knockback, the max amount of knockback for a move is 5 meters and that's excluding power blows since those have a whooping knockback of 10 meters.

Yep, until 5 i think, in 5 they called her style simply "martial arts" which is super weird, but yeah, originally the Bryants were JKD practicioners.

Lulu

Speaking of Knockbacks.... does the Knock Back Distances Determine the Wall Splat Range..... I was wondering how useful this would be in a Juggle when approaching a wall (it happens alot with Jacky's Bounding Combos)

Darkslay

Speaking of Knockbacks.... does the Knock Back Distances Determine the Wall Splat Range..... I was wondering how useful this would be in a Juggle when approaching a wall (it happens alot with Jacky's Bounding Combos)

Yes. yes it does, a lot of moves that wall splat won't wall splat from afar because of their crappy ranges.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD