DOA5LR Sony Sale Marks Ultimate at $10

Sony is hysterically celebrating the 14th with a fighting games sale, and among the games listed is Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate for the low, low price of ten dollars. If you've been too busy to try Ultimate or have been on Core Fighters, now might be the time to upgrade, because you will also get the free Last Round patch.

There are other great games on sale so now is the time to expand your fighting game library. What better way to spend Valentine's Day than beating the shit out of your significant other? This sale will go through the 16th.

Source: Shoryuken

160x160x121-person-with-folded-hands.png.pagespeed.ic.UbTaFdAtOi.jpg

Reactions: d3v
Wait. If I buy Ultimate for 10, is Last Round free, or do I still have to pay the 15 on top of that to get it?

Yes, but you still get the balance patch for free.

It does but you still have to pay for all of the characters.

Ah, ok. I was hoping i didn't have to make an emergency run just after canceling my online card (they removed the "money packs" from all the shelves, so i have to get direct deposit or something like that to add money back to the card which defeats the purpose of having a separate account for which to use online) to find something to buy this 10 dollar copy before i ran out of time and couldn't even get the update.

$10 is really a steal for those who haven't decided to make the jump. I understand some people are fine with Core Fighters, but at $10, I don't see why they wouldn't make the jump at this point. But to each their own. From this sale, I bought 3rd Strike OE Complete Pack for my PS3 and GGXXAC+ and BBCS2 for my PSP.

$10 is really a steal for those who haven't decided to make the jump. I understand some people are fine with Core Fighters, but at $10, I don't see why they wouldn't make the jump at this point. But to each their own. From this sale, I bought 3rd Strike OE Complete Pack for my PS3 and GGXXAC+ and BBCS2 for my PSP.
But why pay 10 now when I'll have to pay 15 in a few days anyway? All it seems to do is up the total price of Last Round.

I'm confused. You buy Ultimate for $10, Last Round balance patch is free, so then I'm assuming the Last Round DLC pack is going to be $15?

But why pay 10 now when I'll have to pay 15 in a few days anyway? All it seems to do is up the total price of Last Round.
I'm confused. You buy Ultimate for $10, Last Round balance patch is free, so then I'm assuming the Last Round DLC pack is going to be $15?

I'm just as confused as Jyakotu.

You don't have Ultimate, you buy Ultimate for $10. You get balance patch for $0. If you want to get Last Round pack for additional costumes (and presumably Raidou/Honoka) you pay $15. Totaling $25.

Or you buy the digital version for $30.

I'm just as confused as Jyakotu.

You don't have Ultimate, you buy Ultimate for $10. You get balance patch for $0. If you want to get Last Round pack for additional costumes (and presumably Raidou/Honoka) you pay $15. Totaling $25.

Or you buy the digital version for $30.
Oh. I thought the total price to upgrade from core fighters to last round on ps3 was 15 bucks. Somebody said that somewhere. So I was thinking "why upgrade from core fighters to ultimate for 10 when I'm about to upgrade from core fighters to last round for 15?"

Last edited:
Oh. I thought the total price to upgrade from core fighters to last round on ps3 was 15 bucks. Somebody said that somewhere. So I was thinking "why upgrade from core fighters to ultimate for 10 when I'm about to upgrade from core fighters to last round for 15?"

Now i'm confused again, and it's a little late for me to try for the core fighters steal. What's goin' on?

EDIT: I tweeted them. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD