Soul Calibur Thread

ninjaguy446

I never really considered sc2 competitive anyway, best is SC5
IMO SC2 is the most competitive SC game right after SC5. You could honestly win with any character in that game, and everyone had pretty much equally abusable shit (Sophie 4B shenanigans, Ivy's bullshit in general, Raph's 2K being about ~+5 on hit, Taki Possession cancels, etc.) SC5 is the same way but a lot more balanced.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
IMO SC2 is the most competitive SC game right after SC5. You could honestly win with any character in that game, and everyone had pretty much equally abusable shit (Sophie 4B shenanigans, Ivy's bullshit in general, Raph's 2K being about ~+5 on hit, Taki Possession cancels, etc.) SC5 is the same way but a lot more balanced.
I miss SC2 Sophie, her WR cartwheel flip was better than her current sc4 vault kick. She also has a 236 soul repel in SC3 but they made her slower in SC4. Even Cassandra was fast as hell in sc2, but they slowed her down and even took away her low sc3 stab like sophie had, but she could only do it once and it had to be charged to grant her any real advantage

Nyte

So is this series dead? It sure feels like it, sadly. I wish there was one little ray of hope at this point, but it's fading away.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
So is this series dead? It sure feels like it, sadly. I wish there was one little ray of hope at this point, but it's fading away.

Namco unfortunately doesn't care about SoulCalibur because it's not as profitable as Tekken. Doesn't help that it's rarely taken seriously competitively.

Still <3 me some SC though! #sc6plz

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD