Soul Calibur Thread

Leifang

Eh, we don't know that. Daishi ain't in charge anymore and Hoshino prefers the older characters.
Really?... Well I prefer Xianghua over Leixia. I hope 6 will be good because 4 and especially 5 are the weakest in the series.

Nyte

Man, I'm gonna shed tears of joy when SC makes it's triumphant return.

Namco is going to announce a fighting game at E3 (or possibly two, if the Switch has a different game, possible Super Smash Bros. for Switch):

http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=JPcEcpCV

Tekken 7 will be just released then, Naruto and DBZ are still too new (Ninja Storm 4 is the last in the series - not that I don't expect them to cash in on Naruto in the future, and Xenoverse 2 isn't even a year old yet). Smash for Switch seems likely, but what about the PC/PS4/XONE? Could this finally be the long awaited SCVI?

It's hard not to get my hopes up, but dammit it's about time we get a new SC game.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Apologies for the double post, but Namco is going to announce a fighting game at E3 (or possibly two, if the Switch has a different game, possible Super Smash Bros. for Switch):

http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=JPcEcpCV

Tekken 7 will be just released then, Naruto and DBZ are still too new (Ninja Storm 4 is the last in the series - not that I don't expect them to cash in on Naruto in the future, and Xenoverse 2 isn't even a year old yet). Smash for Switch seems likely, but what about the PC/PS4/XONE? Could this finally be the long awaited SCVI?

It's hard not to get my hopes up, but dammit it's about time we get a new SC game.

@Tyaren

I'm not gonna get my hopes up especially after that whole poll voting thing they did when we all expected it then got nothing but I hope it's SC6!

Also isn't it a bit early for the smash game on switch? There's always only ever been one smash game per nintendo console.

Nyte

@Tyaren

I'm not gonna get my hopes up especially after that whole poll voting thing they did when we all expected it then got nothing but I hope it's SC6!

Also isn't it a bit early for the smash game on switch? There's always only ever been one smash game per nintendo console.
It's expected that SSB4 will be ported to Switch with extra content, that's the belief anyways. Wouldn't surprise me.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Tyaren

I'm also not going to get my hopes up. It would imo make sense to finally reveal Soul Calibur after Tekken 7 is finally out, but it would also have made even more sense to announce the game last year at its birthday. Why now, a year later? If they did it to not hurt Tekken 7's attention or sales, the same could be said for now. Tekken 7 will only be out for some days.
I can see them announcing another random licenced anime fighting game. One I don't care for at all. Probably even a mobile game to hurt us even more, lol.
Regarding Smash Bros, I'm sure it will just be an a little polished up port of the WiiU game, like Mario Kart is. It won't be a completely new one. The Switch is made for these kind of ports. Easy money.

Nyte

It won't be mobile, that much is confirmed. I haven't heard anything suggesting that Namco has acquired the licence for any anime to make a fighter for. Let's cross our fingers and hope for a new SC at long last. Hell, I'll take a little teaser at E3 and then something major at Comic-Con/Tokyo Game Show.

Jadeinchains

I'm so ready in the first place for a new SC game that I wouldn't mind if it was just a teaser and we learned more at TGS later. Just to know that it was confirmed would be great.

I was about to start saying which characters I want but that would be getting to hyped and I have to keep that down in case it isn't revealed and I end up disappointed again.

Nyte

I just learned that Xenoverse 2, power by UE4, is being ported to the Switch. They announced it earlier today. Let's assume SCVI is also powered by UE4. Could it been Switch-bound as well? Wouldn't be surprised if they struck a deal with Nintendo to get a Switch version and have Link as a guest there again, to increase sales.

Let's guess the game from this:

Action/Adventure > Nintendo Switch
Action/Adventure > PC/Windows
Action/Adventure > Sony Playstation 4
Action/Adventure > Xbox One

Code Vein

Fighting / Wrestling > Nintendo Switch
Fighting / Wrestling > PC/Windows
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
Fighting / Wrestling > Xbox One

? (Soulcalibur VI hopefully?)

Flight > Sony Playstation 4
Flight > Virtual Reality
Flight > Xbox One

Ace Combat: Skies Unknown

Racing > Oculus Rift
Racing > PC/Windows
Racing > Sony Playstation 4

Project CARS 2

Role-Playing > PC/Windows
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Xbox One

Code Vein (again)

Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality > Sony Playstation 4
Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality > Virtual Reality

Don't know

I believe Code Vein accounts for both AA and RPG, unless there's another game they're going to announce in either of them. I pray that we get SCVI in the foreseeable future.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's not Fighting or Wrestling, it's both genres. It's not SCVI. They could still announce it, but it's not on the list you're guessing from. Also, the RPG and Action games are not the same. The platforms are different.

Nyte

Didn't they announce a "fighting/wrestling" game last year that wasn't wrestling? Seems more like a blanket term than something specific.

Conun

I hope SCVI brings back the old characters that were missing from SCV like Talim , Zasalamel , Taki , Setsuka , Amy , Seung Mina , Xianghua and Cassandra.

It would also be nice to have the return of single player content. SCV gives you nothing to come back to unless you seriously like the gameplay and wanna do like some competitive play with friends.

Nyte

Man, I just wish they would give us something. Just a little tweet like "SC is back!" when Daishi announced SCV would suffice. I just need to know that the game exists and I'm not waiting for nothing.

ShinobiGuy

Hell freezing over. XD

About 3-4 more months then:

hell-norway.jpg.1000x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

hell-freezes-over.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD