Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Never.
It's never happening.

PS: Nightmare and Seigfrid are for scrubs, and I don't want none.

Ivy ---> Viola/Amy ----> Everyone else
Lol Amy is a very scrub friendly character even tho the game tries to make it seem like she's hard when she's just basically lili in Soul Calibur

Sophitia&Amy>Anyone I find hot but can't use>>>>>>>everyone

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Never.
It's never happening.

PS: Nightmare and Seigfrid are for scrubs, and I don't want none.

Ivy ---> Viola/Amy ----> Everyone else

English speakers tend to freely interchange ei and ie in German words or names. XD
Little tip:
Einstein
Zeitgeist
Lorelei

...are pronounced like the English i.

Siegfried
Wiener
Bieber

...are pronounced like the English e.

Just look at the last vowel of ei and ie to know how it is pronounced or how it is written if you hear it pronounced. :)

Jadeinchains

English speakers tend to freely interchange ei and ie in German words or names. XD
Little tip:
Einstein
Zeitgeist
Lorelei

...are pronounced like the English i.

Siegfried
Wiener
Bieber

...are pronounced like the English e.

Just look at the last vowel of ei and ie to know how it is pronounced or how it is written if you hear it pronounced. :)

Oops! XD Okay I've fixed it now, And thanks for the tip. :)

Voldo> everyone else
never thought i'd win my first match online just by mashing with voldo.
voldo best mash potato

Honestly out of the male characters I'd say Voldo ---> Every other male character. So I kind of agree. :p

Seriously though my views on a new SC game at this point are "I'm not expecting or hoping for one but If it get's announced I'll be happy". I think that's the best way to be at this point especially after the Pachinko... thing.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wonder if they'll add an actual hime cut in the character creation mode if they ever do make SC6, that's like my favorite hairstyle besides bobs

Nyte

I'm still thinking about what they said about working on new themes. I really want to be optimistic about the future, but it's hard after getting shafted so many times.

Nyte

Yeah, I'd like to see an announcement to, but sadly it hasn't happened. But I have to ask something that I think concerns me.

I remembered what Harada said that he was no longer a part of the team after Hoshino was put in charge, and has basically cut ties with Soulcalibur. Just now I heard the theory that Harada is diverting all funds and resources that could've been used on SC into Tekken. Do you guys think that's true?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You are overestimating Harada's influence on SC and on Bandai Namco. Harada for a long time wasn't a big or regular part of Soul Calibur. He had no part in the original SC, he had no part in SC2, he had no part in SC3, he was just one of several directors in IV and in V he again had no part.
Also Harada is not God Chancellor of Namco Bandai or something, lol. He can't divert any funds. Namco Bandai's executives and then the producers allocate funds to game projects that they decided on.
Also not all funds go to just one game. It's normal that several games are developed at the same time. Namco Bandai is a big developer. Not just Tekken and Soulcalibur are developed by them, but many other games as well. Also Tekken and SC have usually been developed and funded simultaneously.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Whoever is behind SC's development has definitely placed it on the backburner, which I can understand since due making Soul Calibur 5, they kinda backed themselves into a wall and likely don't have a good way yet on how to escape

Nyte

I refuse to believe Project Soul isn't doing anything. They have to be working on something, because they're still around as far as we know. SC isn't dead yet, I hope. I always remember what Junichi Nakatsuru said to "Look forward to the new theme we'll be making for you". Certainly that has to be a hint right? PS can't just be sitting on their asses all day getting paid to do nothing. If I hear news that Namco has shut down Project Soul, then yeah, SC is officially dead. But it's all no thanks to Daishi having backed the series into a corner before leaving.

Thanks Daishi.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Like @KasumiLover69 implied, SCV kinda wrote itself into a corner with the awful time jump storyline and messed up roster choices. It doesn't help that SCV sold pretty badly and generally just plays second fiddle to Tekken, such as with TTT2. SC: Lost Swords was also an awful idea and game that just sank SC's reputation further. SoulCalibur basically needs to be rebooted at this point with fan favourite characters returning (*coughssophitiatakitalimcoughs*), and a more return to form with its gameplay (i.e. Don't make movement so unsafe for instance).

Argentus

or just not worry so much about the story and have everyone return, like how KOF would have "Dream Match" games where they threw story out the window for a game just so they could have EVERYONE return at once for a single game. If they HAVE To justify it, they can pull the same BS for everyone else that they did for Ivy, Maxim, Raphael, etc, and say soul edge stunted their aging, then have Talim return older, like Amy did as Viola.

Don't even TRY to tell me that Viola isn't Amy, cmon.

Nyte

or just not worry so much about the story and have everyone return, like how KOF would have "Dream Match" games where they threw story out the window for a game just so they could have EVERYONE return at once for a single game. If they HAVE To justify it, they can pull the same BS for everyone else that they did for Ivy, Maxim, Raphael, etc, and say soul edge stunted their aging, then have Talim return older, like Amy did as Viola.

But I don't want a non-canon dream match game, I want them to return for good. The stupid time skip needs to be undone, it's only hurt the series rather than help it.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Basically Project Soul needs to take SoulCailbur 2, see what made the game so damn good, and try to emulate that in Soulcalibur 6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD