Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Injustice 2 won't have any DLC returnees, nor Tekken 7, so I don't see the argument there. Granted, those games did face a backlash for it, but not because they tried to sell them as DLC. After the poll, and the backlash of SCV, cutting out popular character probably isn't something PS wants to do.

Again, they want to make money... Money making has priority over complete satisfaction of the customer. Game companies are no charities.
An immense backlash can of course harm a game, look at Street Fighter 5 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (which I forgot to include on my list) but Capcom are idiots, they seem to never learn...
Today a developer has to find the right balance of giving customers what they want and holding back what they can additionally sell them or what they can leave out completely for time and cost reasons.
For example, if absolute favorites like Talim, Taki and Sophitia are in this time, people won't be as mad if they keep Cassandra (similar to Sophitia) and Setsuka (not as important to the overall story) as DLC.
Another example would be Hwang. Do you really think after all this time they are required to bring him back to the initial roster and people would go crazy if not? He would be a good example for a perfect DLC character, since he is popular but not that crazy popular, he isn't an integral part of the story and he's so similar to Yunseong.

I just hope Yunseong will be in from the beginning. :(

Last edited:

Nyte

We don't have to stand for them taking out popular characters just to sell back as DLC. That would be greed at its finest. That kind of bad practice can harm the image of a game and its company. That's why I think it's a good idea to have the popular characters in from the start. If Talim and Taki were held back as DLC, there would definitely be issues.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They would probably make more lesser popular character DLC like Setsuka and Amy they could. They're popular but not staple characters and were unlockable in SC4 since they're more breakout characters with no actual plot relevance but immense popularity

Nyte

They would probably make more lesser popular character DLC like Setsuka and Amy they could. They're popular but not staple characters and were unlockable in SC4 since they're more breakout characters with no actual plot relevance but immense popularity
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Talim and Taki are likely to be among the first shown to ramp up hype. It's up to SCVI to correct the mistakes SCV made. I've been dying to see how Hoshino would lead a mainline SC, which is why I've been willing to sit through the spin-offs all these years. I just trust him more than Daishi, because he would want us to just accept his new vision with no compromise. I'm so glad he's gone now.

All that's left is, how are they going to bring the old characters back? They could just pass SCV up as an alternate future as I said earlier, but they could work time travel into the plot (something confirmed to exist in SCV). Find a way to revert the series to the original setting, that's what I need to see.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Talim and Taki are likely to be among the first shown to ramp up hype. It's up to SCVI to correct the mistakes SCV made. I've been dying to see how Hoshino would lead a mainline SC, which is why I've been willing to sit through the spin-offs all these years. I just trust him more than Daishi, because he would want us to just accept his new vision with no compromise. I'm so glad he's gone now.

All that's left is, how are they going to bring the old characters back? They could just pass SCV up as an alternate future as I said earlier, but they could work time travel into the plot (something confirmed to exist in SCV). Find a way to revert the series to the original setting, that's what I need to see.
They could do probably do soemthing along the lines of like the astral chaos having a sort of rift that causes the new generation characters to somehow come into play of the previous series entries, it would be interesting to see Pyrrha fight alongside her mother XD

Nyte

Yeah, but there's only a few I can tolerate. I really would like Patroklos to get killed off or written out of the series somehow. He's just unbearable, and whenever he shows up everyone bashes him. I remember when he was revealed in Lost Swords, everyone was like "NOOOOO!!!". Not to mention Namco threw him under the bus after the poll showed how unpopular he is. Hopefully they've taken this into consideration.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So uh..... does anyone have any create a souls they'd like to share? Anything to get me hype for the likely announcement! :-D

Nyte

I'll share later when I get the chance (it's nothing special). But I was sort of wondering what kind of costumes we're going to get? I'm sure there's going to be some sexy costumes in store for us.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'll share later when I get the chance (it's nothing special). But I was sort of wondering what kind of costumes we're going to get? I'm sure there's going to be some sexy costumes in store for us.
Yay! I have mine ready but I wanna see what you guys have first since you'll likely have alot of cool stuff :p

As for costumes, it's been years since SC5 debuted so I'll expect alot of evolved gear as well as old ones from past games. I won't be surprised if Lost Swords DLC and veteran character outfits missing from SC5 make it in. And of course I want more hairstyles and stuff

Nyte

Here's mine. Sorry about the bad quality, it's on Xbox 360 which so no camera to use.
bycup3ycyaammac-1-jpg.41587

bycurn5cqae1rio-1-jpg.41588

bycusvrcqaafng-1-jpg.41589

bycuwbwcyaenrf_-1-jpg.41590

bycuxixcuaamzgr-1-jpg.41591

bycudzvcmaa0ugj-1-jpg.41592

bycueh5caaa_vf5-1-jpg.41593

bycugrrcyaarwle-1-jpg.41594

bycuhukciae74ys-1-jpg.41595

byct5yqciaahntp-1-jpg.41596

byct7q4cyaaoawu-1-jpg.41597

byct8fqceaamdr1-1-jpg.41598

byct_oncqaaile3-1-jpg.41599

bycufg0cuaeg7io-1-jpg.41601

bycuh0bcaaavg26-1-jpg.41602

bycujezcaaa0ty_-1-jpg.41603

byc2tp7cqaa5fdp-1-jpg.41604

byc2uzlcaaan_vw-1-jpg.41605

byc2vf5ciaakpnf-1-jpg.41606

byc2wgvceaao9t2-1-jpg.41607

bycudrwcuaafom5-1-jpg.41608

bycueb2cuaau_jp-1-jpg.41609

byculo0ccaav26v-1-jpg.41610

bycuncociaid5sn-1-jpg.41611

bycuodfceaeaseu-1-jpg.41612

bycuyjgccaacgo7-1-jpg.41613

bycuzkwcyaevl5t-1-jpg.41614

bycua6gcqaeov0g-1-jpg.41615

bycucabcyaaxkgu-1-jpg.41616

Here's my whole gallery if you're interested.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's mine. Sorry about the bad quality, it's on Xbox 360 which so no camera to use.
bycup3ycyaammac-1-jpg.41587

bycurn5cqae1rio-1-jpg.41588

bycusvrcqaafng-1-jpg.41589

bycuwbwcyaenrf_-1-jpg.41590

bycuxixcuaamzgr-1-jpg.41591

bycudzvcmaa0ugj-1-jpg.41592

bycueh5caaa_vf5-1-jpg.41593

bycugrrcyaarwle-1-jpg.41594

bycuhukciae74ys-1-jpg.41595

byct5yqciaahntp-1-jpg.41596

byct7q4cyaaoawu-1-jpg.41597

byct8fqceaamdr1-1-jpg.41598

byct_oncqaaile3-1-jpg.41599

bycufg0cuaeg7io-1-jpg.41601

bycuh0bcaaavg26-1-jpg.41602

bycujezcaaa0ty_-1-jpg.41603

byc2tp7cqaa5fdp-1-jpg.41604

byc2uzlcaaan_vw-1-jpg.41605

byc2vf5ciaakpnf-1-jpg.41606

byc2wgvceaao9t2-1-jpg.41607

bycudrwcuaafom5-1-jpg.41608

bycueb2cuaau_jp-1-jpg.41609

byculo0ccaav26v-1-jpg.41610

bycuncociaid5sn-1-jpg.41611

bycuodfceaeaseu-1-jpg.41612

bycuyjgccaacgo7-1-jpg.41613

bycuzkwcyaevl5t-1-jpg.41614

bycua6gcqaeov0g-1-jpg.41615

bycucabcyaaxkgu-1-jpg.41616

Here's my whole gallery if you're interested.
Nice creatooms!! Man I wish I was near as creative as you are with your creations, and I checked out your gallery, very nice creations and costumes!!

Here's mine. I may have shared them before but I have a better camera so I can share better pics:

This is Mio, my main create a soul, she uses the Sophitia style in SC4 and Pyrrha in SC5. She was high pitched snarky bitch in her SC4 incarnation but is more subdued in SC5. She's your typical upbeat girl and travels around Japan in her quest to prove you don't need sword skills to battle strong warriors
rAT7Z3o.jpg

This is her default. The costumes in the spoilers are her other costumes, the first one being her P2, and the others being a pallete swap, festivale costume and her "sexy beach attire". They all have heels
qC2DDEY.jpg
Biq3KKk.jpg
JFAzQKj.jpg
0DwTW0p.jpg

Next is Kouhei, a young swordmaster who uses the Nightmare style hoping to prove himself. He was very snarky and sassy in SC4 but in SC5 he's alot more humble and even reserved. He joins up with Mio to also aid her in her quest to make her mark in the world, he's also chaste.

U9tB3Mg.jpg

This is his default, the others in spoilers are his alternate casual town gear, swimwear, denim casual gear and his special sleepwear and traditional fundoshi garb
er4zHlQ.jpg
mPMg2o2.jpg
8cC6c4M.jpg
3kGrkWI.jpg
jzu4XR6.jpg

I kept them looking the same for the most part, but I made some adjustments like I gave Mio a bobcut costume since I wanted to give her something with a short look that had hime cut vibes. I also added freckles on Kouhei since I wanted him to have a bit of Caucasian in his blood. Mio's blonde pallete swap was basically how she REALLY was meant to look but when I first got the game I was in my Asian persuasion phase while I'm more into blondes now, Kouhei doesnt look good in blonde so I never attempted with him XD

If they make Soul Calibur 6 I'll evolve their designs by making Mio ditch the curled sidelocks in favor of a normal hime cut if they have it and Kouhei will have longer hair and a different color scheme on his default. If they have better features I'll likely make him an oni too

JAG THE GEMINI

Injustice 2 won't have any DLC returnees, nor Tekken 7, so I don't see the argument there. Granted, those games did face a backlash for it, but not because they tried to sell them as DLC. After the poll, and the backlash of SCV, cutting out popular character probably isn't something PS wants to do.

There are rumors that Lei Wu Long might come back as a DLC-character though.....

Nyte

Really? I could've sworn they said that all DLC characters would be brand new. Anyways, Paris Games Week is coming really soon, everyone be ready!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm so ready for this announcement! Also I hope they add Anna over Lei Wulong, she's the second best Tekken girl behind Lili imo

Nyte

The leak looks real, as it's on NeoGAF. It trust it much more than past leaks, that's for sure.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The leak looks real, as it's on NeoGAF. It trust it much more than past leaks, that's for sure.
I couldn't find a link in this thread, so I googled it and what I found what looks to be WIP concept art from a 3rd party dev.

That doesn't really mean anything imo, even if it is legit it's more likely to be early development stages. So, an announcement is very unlikely this year, let alone in a few weeks(or whenever PGW is).

Don't really want to be a party pooper, I just like to hear from the horse's mouth before I get excited for anything. The recent Team Ninja DOA TGS stream is a good example of what I mean lol people were SOOOO ready for/expecting DOA6 to be revealed aaaaand it was nothing the only thing they announced was the end of DLC.

Nyte

I couldn't find a link in this thread, so I googled it and what I found what looks to be WIP concept art from a 3rd party dev.

That doesn't really mean anything imo, even if it is legit it's more likely to be early development stages. So, an announcement is very unlikely this year, let alone in a few weeks(or whenever PGW is).

Don't really want to be a party pooper, I just like to hear from the horse's mouth before I get excited for anything. The recent Team Ninja DOA TGS stream is a good example of what I mean lol people were SOOOO ready for/expecting DOA6 to be revealed aaaaand it was nothing the only thing they announced was the end of DLC.
Are you referring to that 2016 art? Because that's completely unrelated.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD