Soul Calibur Thread

Nyte

That was a whole lot of nothing. This is why I don't watch PS events, just a bunch of PR talk and stuff that provided little of value to me. If they had SC, the whole thing would be worth it.

Now we just gotta wait to see if that leak was the real deal, because the source doesn't look fake unless he was lied to.

Jadeinchains

Can't wait for it! :D So hype for this new cod game! It's been so long since the last one. They aren't the same all the time at all. And they always are supported for so long and not at all dumped after a year to release the new identical one. :eek:

( Cod is trash )

Anyway though...That's me done lol hoping for SC reveals tbh, Every single time it's the same thing honestly. "I hope it's revealed at *insert event here*"

Get's hyped for event ---> Isn't shown

Get's hyped for next event ---> Isn't shown

etc etc.

That's why for this one when I heard that it was apparently going to be shown here I was like...Okay I'll wait until I actually see it and I'm not getting hyped. And what do you know it was there. :I

So there's two more events this year? PSX and NEC tournament thing? I'll hope that we get a DOA6 and SC6 reveals there but in SC6's case I'm not getting hyped until I actually see it. DOA6 though I'll actually get hyped and hope. Still I do hope that SC6 is revealed as well this year but not as much as DOA6.

When are PSX and NEC happening?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not seeing SC6 announced, even if not at all in 2017, doesn't prove the leaks wrong imo. I'm pretty sure it is in develepment already...the question is, when do they think is a good time to announce and release it.

So there's two more events this year? PSX and NEC tournament thing? I'll hope that we get a DOA6 and SC6 reveals there but in SC6's case I'm not getting hyped until I actually see it. DOA6 though I'll actually get hyped and hope. Still I do hope that SC6 is revealed as well this year but not as much as DOA6.

When are PSX and NEC happening?

PSX is 10th December, NEC is some time after that.
By now I think a DOA6 announcement this year is way more likely than SC6.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
We were just discussing SC6 over on ResetEra, I mentioned the two leaks a forumer mentioned before and someone answered:
Yeah, the 8wayrun discord had a reliable member mention that he'd heard from two different Europe community managers that things were happening on the SCVI front.

So two more people working for Bandai Namco confirm the leak?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
RIP Soul Calibur 6.
Noctis, who would have fit way better into SC, was rather licensed for Tekken 7. :/

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Shameless double post (wow, it is actually a triple post!), but there's very interesting news regarding SC6, since Saturday and I just didn't notice it until now somehow:

Another person (
it's the guy who leaked Enchantress and TMNT in Injustice 2 before the reveal) has come forward on Reddit with leaks regarding a couple of upcoming games and Soul Calibur 6!

"I was told it'll be for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. There was no Xbox One version mentioned to me. The game should be revealed by the end of the year and make its 21st anniversary at least. One trustworthy source told me it would be revealed at PSX. If the Switch version is not announced in a matter of fact way alongside it like multiplatform games do when revealed at a specific console's event, then it should be announced during the Nintendo Direct in January that I keep hearing about. The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who told me of the game's existence, I might add. They also told me that Link would return as a guest character on that version."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/

source.gif

@Jadeinchains, @Nyte

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Just looked at PSX and saw that there's a rumour of SCVI being revealed there so yeah there definitely is an idea of it being there...still after so many times of it being maybe revealed I'm not going to get my hopes to high and I'm not going to get hyped for it until I see it. Obviously though I do still hope it turns out to be true.. Just not getting my hopes to high for it. I'm also hoping that DOA6 will be revealed at psx! So I'm hoping for that.

Also I just looked it up again cause I didn't know but PSX is on December 9th - 10th so that's good that it's less than a month away.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Read it on a French forum as if it were already true, but then I found this. Not so sure if it's true after reading it... sounds like bullshit after seeing the source. :(

"I was told it'll be for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. There was no Xbox One version mentioned to me. The game should be revealed by the end of the year and make its 21st anniversary at least. One trustworthy source told me it would be revealed at PSX. If the Switch version is not announced in a matter of fact way alongside it like multiplatform games do when revealed at a specific console's event, then it should be announced during the Nintendo Direct in January that I keep hearing about. The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who told me of the game's existence, I might add. They also told me that Link would return as a guest character on that version.

One of the reasons that Soul Calibur VI was never revealed for its anniversary last year in December, even though they were building up to a reveal even as late as the fall of last year was because they ran into technical issues that sent the game into a mini development hell of sorts. The thing I heard that was the cause or most likely cause was the implementation of some kinda moveset or style switching thing in particular (like having multiple movesets per character, weapons even for some from my understanding). Since that not working out how they wanted was such a big deal to its direction and draw to the game, delaying it until they either figured it out or decided to ultimately nix it was something they went back-and-forth on but was retained in a certain capacity.

Some other things concerning the game itself that I know about and can say is that Kilik is back and uses his staff moveset again, not the Weapon Master thing that everyone hated on SCV. He will have a new rival too. Gameplay and mechanically, Supers are back and as far back as July, there was some kind of universal mechanic like V-Triggers."

Sorry if fake I just needed to have your opinion on the reliability of this rumour :confused:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD