Soul Calibur Thread

KwonJigglypuff

Cassandra reminds me of Honoka in that video...

Also, Voldo being the original Zafina of fighting games.
Wait. Maybe Zafina was cut from Tekken so she could come back in SC6 using Viola's moveset. :eek:
It's gonna happen guyzzz

viola_and_zafina___request_by_missadawong-daasftw.jpg

Nyte

Here's the audio of Geoff saying it. Most of it is about PUBG, but it's at the end where he explicitly refers to SCVI in all but name.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hmm... Now that I heard that sound bite though, the context in which he mentions it sounds weird, actually very dismissive. What he basically said was: We are having exciting new stuff to show, instead of just the same old CGI trailers for the same old games. It almost sounded made up right on the spot to think of something really lame to compare it to. People have become weary of CGI trailers (look at my initial reaction) and many people have become weary of too long running game series too.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I hope to god 3D fighting games come on top again when both DOA6 and SC6 come out.

I can't wait man!!!!

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think SC6 should have some of the older characters like Zasalamel, Talim and Setsuka.
SCV had a disappointing character roster in my opinion the new characters that joined in 5 weren't really that impressive I hope they'll add some better/new characters in 6 that aren't as disappointing.

Nyte

I don't think we'll be going in Daishi's direction seeing as how he left in 2013, and Hoshino is known to prefer the older characters. He even said once that SCIV was an incredible game.

KwonJigglypuff

I would also like more diversity in the roster.
I know the story mainly involved Western/Eastern characters and cultures in SC5, but I like the idea of having multiple fighters from around the world, like it used to be before (African ZasaIamel, Southeast Asian Talim, the Koreans, Native Americans Rock/Bangoo).
I was thinking about new origins:

- a colorful maya/mesoamerican male fighter, performing some amazing acrobatics, and using a bow, even at close combat ("South America") - 30 years old
- a young witch with an egyptian background, fighting and protecting herself with a poppet taking the appearance of her opponents ("Egypt") - 18 years old
- an inuit selkie-inspired woman who has lost her voice, fighting and stunning with a heavy fish gig and the bolas in her hair ("North America") - 27 years old

By the way, what do you think about having a duo mechanic with Rock and Bangoo ?

Last edited:

Radiance

I think SC6 should have some of the older characters like Zasalamel, Talim and Setsuka.
SCV had a disappointing character roster in my opinion the new characters that joined in 5 weren't really that impressive I hope they'll add some better/new characters in 6 that aren't as disappointing.

Wouldn't mind Setsuka's return, but I actually don't mind Alpha Patroklos. He wasn't a jersey shore douche bag when he switched styles which made him redeemable.

Nyte

Hey guys, I just want to say that the leaker Vergeben has leaked three characters. Kilik (with the staff), Nightmare, and finally....

CHAI XIANGHUA!!!

Finally, our prayers for older characters are being answered. I feel so much better about SCVI knowing this for sure now.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Hey guys, I just want to say that the leaker Vergeben has leaked three characters. Kilik (with the staff), Nightmare, and finally....

CHAI XIANGHUA!!!

Finally, our prayers for older characters are being answered. I feel so much better about SCVI knowing this for sure now.
It's not confirmed so calm down.

Jadeinchains

CHAI XIANGHUA!!!

I was actually playing SC4 earlier ( Decided to check out that one and SC5 cause I'm excited for SC6 ) and I was wondering if Xianghua would be in again or if it would be her daughter so this is cool, ( If it's true since I'm taking it with a grain of salt ) would love to see other characters in like Ivy etc and Voldo should definitely be in since he's a classic, Love Tira too with that amazing hula hoop weapon so It would be cool to see her too.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

LOL!

You know I want doa6 much more than I would want a doax4! ;P Although doax4 can come after we have doa6...I would/will be happy though.

But yeah It's been suggested for a while that doa6 could be the announcement that's happening at NEC, So..I just hope it is. Also I forgot so had to look up NEC date again, I think I've got it, It's the 15th to the 17th of December.

Also I'm now going to start looking at old character designs from SC3.
I want doax4 to have guys so the SJWs brains melt from confusion and it comes to the West.although not so sure about them appearing in a second DOAXVV game...*shudders at thought of a certain male's shower scene*

Talking about SC6, I'm quite a newby noobnoob so i liked playing as Voldo, Phyrra Omega and Xiba in 5, and Voldo, Zasalamel and Talim in 4 (after buying 5) and don't forget yaboy japanese yoda.
me n my cousin literally played sc5 with no knowledge of the game, and the story mode was a great laugh tbh.
I would like a lot of the older characters back in 6. even though viola and zwei are awesome

Jadeinchains

I want doax4 to have guys so the SJWs brains melt from confusion and it comes to the West.although not so sure about them appearing in a second DOAXVV game...*shudders at thought of a certain male's shower scene*

Talking about SC6, I'm quite a newby noobnoob so i liked playing as Voldo, Phyrra Omega and Xiba in 5, and Voldo, Zasalamel and Talim in 4 (after buying 5) and don't forget yaboy japanese yoda.
me n my cousin literally played sc5 with no knowledge of the game, and the story mode was a great laugh tbh.
I would like a lot of the older characters back in 6. even though viola and zwei are awesome

Lol, and yeah I like Talim but when I was her I'd always manage to somehow jump over my opponent right off the stage lol. And yeah for SC6 I'd probably rather have the old characters come back over the new ones ( For example Taki over Natsu, Setsuka over Pat A etc. ) But in Viola's case she has a completely unique fighting style so I don't know. ( Plus she technically is an old character since she's Amy ) So I'm not totally sure what they'll do with her.

Nyte

I wonder what the timeline is. Maybe it'll take place between SCIV and SCV, kinda like how SFIV did to SFIII. Or they'll use time travel (established as possible in SCV's story) to go back to that era. Kilik returning to the staff, plus Xianghua returning as playable (I highly doubt they'll let her be 37) in the place of their successors presumably makes me wonder about the whole thing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD