Soul Calibur Thread

Nyte

He seems to be a writer and reviewer for lesser known Nintendo fan sites, not directly working for/with Nintendo...
But from what I can tell he has sources like Vergeben and Hayate, and they all say the same thing.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well, we will know very soon. If it really happens, please don't let it be just a 30 seconds CGI trailer though. (Maybe Keighley was talking about another game?) That would be so lame. D: Though it would pretty much fit, SC always loved their fancy CGI intro films... XD

Jadeinchains

Well the awards are going to start very soon so I hope it's good, And I hope that we get some announcements like DOA6 and SC6 and other cool reveals.

Jadeinchains

Omg was that him being sarcastic about one of the reveals being leaked?! SC6 has leaked! Lol does that mean SC6 is going to be shown?!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
He actually said many games that weren't already leaked. ;) But a couple more games were leaked than just SC6. Devil May Cry 5 for example.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
And it was no CGI trailer, that was in-game. I hope we see a high quality version of the trailer soon. I couldn't really make many details out.

Jadeinchains

Sophitia and Mitsurugi looked great. :D
tenor.gif

We finally official have a trailer now for SC6, For a second there at the end when they just showed "soul calibur" I thought that would be it's name but nope it is called "Soul Calibur VI". It will be interesting to see who the characters from scv get in?

Jadeinchains

At first I thought that person they show for a little second was one of the guest characters but maybe It was Kilik? I'm really liking Sophitia's new design as well, I feel like I can get really hyped now that it's officially been revealed, So happy it's finally here. It will be great to start seeing more stages and characters now and outfits and renders!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Alright, I gave it a better look! :) A couple of observations:
Yep, Unreal Engine 4 again (probably with the PC being the main development platform again) and this looks barely better than Tekken 7 graphically... :/ Well, at least the beautiful fantasy designs and settings will clearly set it apart from Tekken 7 and make it imo look way more beautiful in that regard.
I liked Sophitia's design, Mitsurugi's however looked terrible, lol. He's young and handsome again though! :)
I think the character teased at the end was the new one, the one who is Kilik's arch rival in this and who uses dual weapons which he can combine to one.

Jadeinchains

Why is no one else posting right now? D:
The game seems to be something of a reboot indeed. The costume designs are certainly reboots of the original SC:

eBG8Pvn.jpg

(Good news, Takuji Kawano is back as the main character designer! :))

GI2I0su.jpg

Mitsurugi's I didn't know about but Sophitia's I recognized as having similarities to that old one, I like Sophitia so I'm excited to see her playable again and with a really nice outfit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD