Soul Calibur Thread

KwonJigglypuff

Since this is a reboot, all I want is as many fighting styles and diversity as possible, while keeping as many veterans as possible. I want the game to highlight the mixing of Western and Eastern mythologies.
Eventually having these 25 unique characters seem reasonable.

This is my biased wishlist.

Females:
Sophitia
Seong-Mina
Taki
Xianghua
Ivy
Talim
Tira
Setsuka
Hilde or Salia
Viola (sending a vision of the future)

Males:
Aeon
Kilik
Yoshimitsu
Maxi
Cervantes
Zalasamel
Voldo
Mitsurigi
Sigfried
Raphael
ZWEI (travel companion of Viola in her vision)
Nightmare

Newcomers:
Kilik's rival (two swords/full sword mechanic)
Rock & Bangoo (revamped duo-mechanic + bow)
Selkie amazon (feminine heavyweight fighter using a trident)

--

Bonus styles:
Cassandra's, Amy's, Astaroth's, Hwang's, Valeria's (revamped), Demuth's (revamped), Algol's, Dampierre's

Others:
Edge Master

Last edited:

Pn33milan

If I have to make my predictions, here's my list, mostly from the first 3 titles:
Siegfried/Nightmare (same slot, like SC2)
Mitsurugi
Sophitia
Taki
Kilik
Xianghua
Maxi
Ivy
Seong Mi-Na
Hwang (this would be the perfect chance to bring him back, in spite of Yun Seong)
Astaroth
Voldo
Yoshimitsu
Cervantes
Talim
Cassandra
Raphael (there are people who want Amy, like myself, but I think it's a little difficult)
Zasalamel
Tira

2 newcomers
1 guest

If it's possible, Viola from SCV (being the most welcomed from that chapter)
You could add Zwei to not let her alone, but he does need a big personality change -_-

About the extra fighting styles, I would like those, but it's hard to predict, considering they don't do that since SCIII -_-

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Setsuka was a beautiful character both in game and design, but her story seemed a bit out of line with the grand scheme of events, she had no motive other than to kill Mitsubishi so I don't see her being available in the day 1 roster. I'm praying she will be DLC I need my euro-samurai oiran back

Jadeinchains

Setsuka was a beautiful character both in game and design, but her story seemed a bit out of line with the grand scheme of events, she had no motive other than to kill Mitsubishi so I don't see her being available in the day 1 roster. I'm praying she will be DLC I need my euro-samurai oiran back

I'd love to see Setsuka playable in the game from launch, I'm hoping that since she is from SC3 she has some chance of getting in. She's definitely one of the characters I'd like to see get in though. The rest I want I expect will get in like Ivy ( obviously will get in I feel like since she's popular. ) Amy. ( hopefully since she's popular too ) and others like Cassandra which I can see getting in.

KwonJigglypuff

The game seems to be set 2 years after her master was killed, she would be 19. That's the beginning of her revenge quest. Many things can happen to fill the moment of her SC3 introduction. That's actually the point of the reboot for me: reintroduce as many veterans as possible in the new timeline while keeping their souls and flesh out/reorganize some storylines. So she definitely has her chances.

@Radiance It was really only a subjective wishlist. Yes it's totally disrespectful for his fans, but imo neither Rock or Astaroth were really that popular. So having a Nyotengu situation (selkie/boobs/trident replacing him) and revamping the original one (Rock + Bangoo) was my idea, instead of keeping a boring character (in my opinion). Hmm that's a sassy move, I can already hear the cries of the fans...
I don't mind him coming back as long as they give him a better design, storyline and fighting style than before. I'm sure I would play him more as I play most of the characters in this game anyway. Only thing I don't like about my idea, is losing a different race in favour of another human.

Last edited:

Pn33milan

Revamping is ok, but just changing the sex of a character I don't think it's enough. Look at master raven in tekken. I don't think there was any reason to do that, neither did that revamp the character imo.
To me, it looks like they just took a deviantart reimagination of the Raven character as female and put it in the game XD

Amy is very popular (arguably, more than raphael), but i find it really hard to see her over her master. I think they should necessairily be together in the game, to see Amy back -_-

About the DLC, I have no issues with those. However, I would prefer to see only new characters or guests as payable DLCs.
All of the original SC characters who are planned for the game, I'd rather have them from the launch or as free downloads (like tekken tag 2)

I quite enjoyed setsuka's gameplay in SC3 and 4, But I found it unnecessairily overcomplicated in SCV with Alpha Patroklos

Pn33milan

Eh, I don't doubt it, but i'll leave those for when I learnt the basics of the game XD

However, I think there's no doubt that alpha patroklos is uninteresting as a character, compared to setsuka -_-

Argentus

I don't think the story should dictate who's playable, though.

The actual versus mode should be a dream match where everyone is playable, while the story is separate.

Pn33milan

I know. I don't like when they force you to play only the protagonists in story modes, especially when they are very difficult to use (SCV and a little tekken 7).
I like variety.
I like when they give different chapters with different objectices for almost every character, even if not every character is connected with each other

Jadeinchains

Well at the very least we finally have a SC reveal and know for the first time in years that a new SC game is coming out, We just now need to wait for news and reveals until it actually releases. I heard that we could be getting some big news in January so hopefully that happens.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, they started up the old SC marketing machine on social media. Someone is very busy and full of enthusiasm each day:

"Sophitia's Critical Edge may grant her victory. But it will not be enough!"

"A new year is around the corner. Are you prepared to step onto the stage of history one more time?"

"A dance to the death. How will you defeat your opponent?"

"Swift as the wind, the legendary greek fighter Sophitia is back!"

"Will you lead Mitsurugi to victory?"

And everyone in the comments is like:
"Can you STFU? Just show us the goods, and by goods we don't mean another pic of Sophitia's boobs front and center."

I feel for the poor guy managing the SC social media sites. :( Especially after they had to slam on the breaks last year around this time when, if the leaks are true, they had to abandon their plans to already reveal SC6 back then at their anniversary.

Jadeinchains

Lol, they started up the old SC marketing machine on social media. Someone is very busy and full of enthusiasm each day:

"Sophitia's Critical Edge may grant her victory. But it will not be enough!"

"A new year is around the corner. Are you prepared to step onto the stage of history one more time?"

"A dance to the death. How will you defeat your opponent?"

"Swift as the wind, the legendary greek fighter Sophitia is back!"

"Will you lead Mitsurugi to victory?"

And everyone in the comments is like:
"Can you STFU? Just show us the goods, and by goods we don't mean another pic of Sophitia's boobs front and center."

I feel for the poor guy managing the SC social media sites. :( Especially after they had to slam on the breaks last year around this time when, if the leaks are true, they had to abandon their plans to already reveal SC6 back then at their anniversary.

Yeah I usually feel sorry for the people that run those accounts since most of the comments seem mean but oh well, At least it's cool to see they're having fun with it, And yeah it's crazy to think that back when we were seeing those polls and getting excited for a reveal and nothing happened that they actually were planning on doing a reveal.

Oh by the way a new poll on eventhubs happened/ is happening? Since you can vote. It's a popularity poll for who you want to see in SC6.

"Patroklos/Alpha Patroklos: 32 votes / 0.8%"
C4rT6xuWQAA0MKB.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD