Soul Calibur Thread

Jadeinchains

Lol, Jade each night since I made that remark:

Nice, you finally got back at me... XD

Both Jade and maybe Lisa ( she didn't ) died violently, I had to get you back in someway somehow lol. XD
Also In general I'm pretty surprised by some of the characters placements on this poll, Amy who I thought was super popular only made 23rd, And Cassandra and Xianghua only made 19th and 20th. Obviously though characters could make it into SC6 even If they placed lower on this poll.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
There's unfortunately a strong case against Yunseong in SC6:
Firstly, he wasn't in SC1 (which SC6 will focus on), but debuted in SC2.
Secondly, Hwang was in SC1 instead, who Yunseong basically is a copy of.
Last but not least, Hwang is still pretty popular among fans, probably more popular than Yunseong. In the Eventhubs poll he is as well.

So I'm readying myself for him to be a no show at least in the initial character roster. Maybe he get's a chance later as DLC though?
At least Talim and Kilik are absolutely sure to come, my other two favorites! :)

Jadeinchains

Yeah that is unforturnate that It seems it's very likely he won't be in, Like you said though at least your other faves Talim and Kilik will most likely get in, And surely they will because they are so popular and it's obvious that most people want them in. And a big thing is that apparently the new character that has been shown with the staff thing is Kilik rival so It would make sense for Kilik to get into the game.

KwonJigglypuff

Setsuka 11th. No bad.

tumblr_noty6l43BF1s76egqo5_400.gif

Brute

Standard Donor
At this rate, it feels like Mitsurugi and Sophitia will be the only two characters in the game. I realize that trickling character reveals is a big thing for Fighting Games, but god damn am I tired of seeing these two already.

Jadeinchains

And I'm awake! *yawn* And It's 2018! :D And I think It should be for everyone now so now we can officially say that SC6 comes out this year.

Leifang

Characters I want to return is Xianghua, Kilik, Siegfried, Talim. Ivy, Yun-Sung, Seung Mi-na and Astaroth. Sophita is one of the character I liked who made it so far. :)

KwonJigglypuff

More news coming as the game (demo) will be playable during Evo 2018! (Jan. 27)
I can see two other characters confirmed in the meanwhile. Having the new "two-swords" character would be great to promote that new moveset...

Also, SC6 menu. What could the different pictures mean ?
My guess:

Training / Story / CAS / Battle / Online / Shop / Setting / Souls (Gallery)

Having training as the first option is actually the best thing to do if you want to have new players getting familiar with the commands before even fighting and showcase well-though tutorials like it seems to be nowadays in fighting games.
Story is another important element of this game as it is a reboot.
CAS is one of the most iconic mode of this series.

N1ZbJiJ.jpg

The boat seems to confirm Cervantes. Or maybe most of the characters will board it during story mode to travel the world. What an adventure! :)

Pn33milan

These days, the cinematic story mode has come to be almost necessary in modern fighting games. Even that desolated landscape of MVCI has one; and considering the fantasy location of soul calibur and its story driven narrative in previous games, I would be surprised if SCVI didn't have one

For the rest, I would love an original offline mode to spice thing up a little bit. Perhaps a "lost swords" mode, where different pieces of equipment can give modifiers for the character (like injustice 2 or guilty gear's M.O.M. mode).
Or even weapon master mode from SCII would be acceptable. In short terms, "something"

Jadeinchains

More news coming as the game (demo) will be playable during Evo 2018! (Jan. 27)
I can see two other characters confirmed in the meanwhile. Having the new "two-swords" character would be great to promote that new moveset...

Also, SC6 menu. What could the different pictures mean ?
My guess:

Training / Story / CAS / Battle / Online / Shop / Setting / Souls (Gallery)

Having training as the first option is actually the best thing to do if you want to have new players getting familiar with the commands before even fighting and showcase well-though tutorials like it seems to be nowadays in fighting games.
Story is another important element of this game as it is a reboot.
CAS is one of the most iconic mode of this series.

N1ZbJiJ.jpg

The boat seems to confirm Cervantes. Or maybe most of the characters will board it during story mode to travel the world. What an adventure! :)

Cool it looks nice, I'm guessing there's a chance like the character select screen that this isn't finished yet. ( and I don't mean the options since obviously that isn't done ) but like the boat in the background etc.

I hope we have lots of options like battle, cas and shop etc and the gallery, that would be great. So we could be seeing some stuff like more character reveals this month etc.

KwonJigglypuff

What I would really like for the last item (the eye) is a full "SC History" mode with a 3D gallery, old concept arts, commentaries from the developpers on the characters, maybe even musics, etc. Something you have to unlock little by little. This game should feel like a real reboot AND an ode to the full series.

Jadeinchains

What I would really like for the last item (the eye) is a full "SC History" mode with a 3D gallery, old concept arts, commentaries from the developpers on the characters, maybe even musics, etc. Something you have to unlock little by little. This game should feel like a real reboot AND an ode to the full series.

A full gallery mode like that where you unlock and buy music and concept art with other stuff too would be really cool, I'm not sure if a 3D gallery would be needed since I've always just used cas to look at the characters outfits etc but who knows, a gallery in general would be cool to have though in the game as a thing to unlock stuff in.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm a fan of this series so I will chime in:

- Not all that impressed with what they've shown so far, doesn't seem like the biggest jump in the world, but I will not judge too much.
- Please have more replay value. Like DOA5 did, SCV cared so much about gameplay other fun things that I loved took a back seat.
- I hope that they bring back the characters I love. Always wonder what I'm going to get from SC. Talim is a favorite of mine in this series and I hope to see her return.

I still play Soul Blade, SC1-2 to this day. SB... man that game was good. SC1 I don't even have to say and SC2 blew my mind. After SC3 and 4 I lost interest in the series, but enjoyment was found again with 5.

Pn33milan

Soul blade... I would say it was a better start for the series than tekken 1 and 2 were for tekken.
But after soul calibur 1, I kinda forgot about that game XD

Cool intro though ;)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Soul blade... I would say it was a better start for the series than tekken 1 and 2 were for tekken.
But after soul calibur 1, I kinda forgot about that game XD

Cool intro though ;)

Yeah... I get that, but I will not forget how well the game presented itself. The soundtrack blew my mind... the effects that came out of their special moves... the weird text based story that I actually enjoyed. It was so dark. Siegfried looked so different, and he slaughtered his dad on accident!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD