Soul Calibur Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
If something is complete fucking garbage, I'll state that too.
Clearly not.

Technically SCVI does look better than SCIV or SCV (though admittedly not by a particularly large margin), but people are going on like it looks like a PS2 game or something which isn't really true.
No, no. Not at all. See, SCII on the PS2 actually looked good. I would never compare this to a game that actually looked good.

Just because someone uses higher poly models and a newer engine does not mean that a new game automatically looks better than an older game running on older hardware. For example, Serious Sam: The First Encounter looks much better than Serious Sam 2. Similarly, SCII looks better than IV. And V. And now VI.

Basically, my point is that it's possible to go about this in a more positive fashion instead of subtly bitching about almost everything.
I'm not bitching about everything. I said Nightmare looked good. He does. The decade-old, recycled garbage models don't. The positivity or negativity associated with how people respond is based purely on what Bandai Namco shows us. They show us shit. Responses are negative. If you're suggesting that we not harshly criticize the constant stream of flaws they unveil because it's "not positive" you're an acquiescent fool. If everyone praises a broken system it never gets fixed. The point of criticism isn't to wallow in misery. It's to identify flaws and hopefully give incentive to correct them.

No, I don't go on like everything Bandai Namco does is divine, but I don't act like the company exactly owes me anything, hence that I'm happy that SCVI is getting produced and has a good chance at being better than SCV.
It fucking better be! I'm not sure my heart can take another 3/10 installment in the Soul series.

SCV didn't sell very well and 3D fighters generally get shitty budgets.
This is the exact same company behind Tekken, another 3D fighter (maybe you've heard of it). While that game also looks like ass, it actually sold pretty well, gave BN some money to work with, and to top it all off, it actually looks like it was made with a decent budget. Were the funds sorely misused? Yeah, but lack of funding isn't an excuse for why the game looks so bad. It's just people who suck at their jobs.

But yeah, c'mon dude, try to have a little positivity once in a blue moon.
Remember how I've been gushing non-stop about DBFZ (and Nioh before that)? I'm positive when praise is deserved. I'm not going to encourage laziness and ineptitude.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Radiance

Game looks fine to me. Guess everyone has their cup of tea, but I've never been one to really care much about graphics when it comes to fighting games lol. KOFXIV and MvCi look terrible but it's still very much enjoyable and lively in their fan bases.

If Setsuka doesn't return I'm more than likely going to pick up Sophitia. Although, more than anything I would love to see Raphael's moveset return to what it used to be in SCII/SCIII days. Character really just declined after 3. Amy pretty much replaced him in 4 and even after she was removed in 5 he was still bad, in fact worse.

Kayane showing off some of her early Xianghua. Can't wait for this game to drop. Another refreshing 3D fighter to play.

Leifang

Game looks fine to me. Guess everyone has their cup of tea, but I've never been one to really care much about graphics when it comes to fighting games lol. KOFXIV and MvCi look terrible but it's still very much enjoyable and lively in their fan bases.

If Setsuka doesn't return I'm more than likely going to pick up Sophitia. Although, more than anything I would love to see Raphael's moveset return to what it used to be in SCII/SCIII days. Character really just declined after 3. Amy pretty much replaced him in 4 and even after she was removed in 5 he was still bad, in fact worse.

Kayane showing off some of her early Xianghua. Can't wait for this game to drop. Another refreshing 3D fighter to play.
I get emotional every time I see a new gameplay of Xianghua. I can't wait to play as her myself. The hype struggles is real. lol XD

Leifang

I love this picture of Xianghua. I have it as my Desktop Screensaver. :)
XIANGHUA12sc6screen.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Isn't this new? Interview with SoulCalibur VI Producer Motohiro Okubo:

"Q1: will SC6 change the original SC1-5 story & world setting?

A1: First, in SC6 Mitsurugi and Sophitia have become young again, in terms of timeline we will be returning to SC1 & SC2. Reviewing the whole series, the origin, the tale of where Soul Edge separates from Soul Calibur haven’t been told in great detail, but that is where we think is most important and where we are confident (in telling a moving tale perhaps?) and we would like to tell this tale, and for that returning the timeline back to SC1 & SC2. You might think, hey doesn’t that make the story the same as SC1 & SC2? Well, how the destiny and fate of each character turns out, please play to find out after the game is released.

Q2:in previous games there were a lot of moves that required “just frame input”, would they be in SC6? (* translator remark: for interview questions used in this footage, an interpreter present at the venue was consulted who did not accurately translate the term “just frame input”, which led to the producer not interpreting the intended question properly. Regarding the reply to just frame input we may have to wait till another time.)

A2: “Just guard”, as you see, are in the game, and low attacks can be performed with the same command. “So what is it really like?” We get this comment a lot. It depends on how you use “just guard”, observing how it affects the opponent, there are a lot of detailed adjustments there, which we want players to explore. There is also “critical edge”, “reversal edge”, and a lot of moves that we have put in, these points are what makes SC6 special, so please check them out and have fun with them!

Q3: the new character, Groh, is he good, or evil? Could you tell us about his story background?

A3: this is actually a “critical” point in SC6, we can’t go into details yet, but he is a really important character (to the plot), and (there will be a part of the) lore with him at the center that will be unfolded, which is still a secret, sorry guys!

Q4: apart from Groh do you have any info about other characters?

A4: we can’t tell you just yet, I’m sorry () Well, we have many characters planned that will make the player go “ah!” This time we have announced another 4 characters, we will be announcing more characters eventually so please wait a bit longer

Q5: DLC is popular with games lately, will SC6 use this form to update gameplay or to add content?

A5: yes, we have scheduled to release dlc after official launch of the game. Right now we are still planning a lot for the game, well yes I personally think dlc would come in the most orthodox way, but it is still under development so please wait some more, sorry!"

So now we officially know that it will retell the story of SC1 and SC2...
Yunseong in after all? :D

Jadeinchains

Yeah so It's SC1 and 2. So Yun could actually get in, He couldn't say much in that interview it seems, I guess he just didn't want to give away to much? I'm going to guess as well that dlc will mostly be characters but especially CAS customization stuff like clothes etc. Speaking of which I hope we see something with the cas soon since I've always liked that.

Jadeinchains

They are classy ladies after all. :) Wait, that's the PS2 version!

I'm gonna retract the classy part. The Gamecube version was the ultimate and true SC2 version.

Hey, Let Paris and Nicole enjoy SC2 on whatever console they want, They're the biggest fans of SC2!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hey, Let Paris and Nicole enjoy SC2 on whatever console they want, They're the biggest fans of SC2!

I never wished for a dislike button more than right now. D:

I was the biggest SC2 fan. Because it was my first in general and the only good 3D fighter that I was able to play on the Gamecube. And Link was in it and back then Zelda was my most favorite video game series.

Jadeinchains

I never wished for a dislike button more than right now. D:

I was the biggest SC2 fan. Because it was my first in general and the only good 3D fighter that I was able to play on the Gamecube. And Link was in it and back then Zelda was my most favorite video game series.

Okay but I think your going to need to find Paris Hilton and then fight her one on one in SC2 to see who's the best. I hear she's in Ibiza a lot now.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay but I think your going to need to find Paris Hilton and then fight her one on one in SC2 to see who's the best. I hear she's in Ibiza a lot now.

Lol, I'll never understand why super rich people rather go to the cheap, overcrowded tourist traps like Ibiza instead of the more exclusive, more beautiful places. Well, but we already established that she has no class after all. XD

By the way...I have the feeling that Raitoningu will grace us in SC6! O:
Namco Bandai already is in collaboration with Final Fantasy (Noctis in Tekken 7) and Cloud would be way too obvious as a guest character (a leak revealed he already was planned for SC2). They'll probably throw us a curve ball and Raitoningu will make it in instead of him. As much as I dislike her, I have to admit that she became the female icon of the FF series in the past ten years. Everyone knows her.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD