Soul Calibur Thread

Jadeinchains

I just noticed they still don't have a proper logo for the game. In all trailers and footage it's just:

giphy.gif

Love the cover art, I can see that they're doing for a very clever most modern minimalist style with it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oooh...Geralt of Rivia might join Soul Calibur as a guest character. :)

"The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia is to be the guest character in Bandai Namco’s Soulcalibur VI.

A few weeks ago, anonymous sources contacted LPVG with this information. However, while we have vetted the sources to be legitimate, acquiring the further evidence required for publication proved difficult. Until today, that is.

A tweet by CD PRojekt Red’s community lead Marcin Momot has now teased that Geralt will be “making an appearance in one of the upcoming games later this year” for the very first time. This tweet gives enough credence to the reports we received for publication – Geralt is happening, folks."

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2018/...-of-rivia-is-soulcalibur-vis-guest-character/

Marcin Momot of CDProjectRed today on Twitter:
"What if Geralt was going to step out of the @witchergame for the very first time to make an appearance in one of the upcoming games later this year?"
https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/970994926677872640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#970994926677872640

Another lead:
Namco Bandai of Europe is actually The Witcher 3 publisher in the EU.

Can't wait to see how they downgrade Geralt's character model to even get it running in their game, lol.

Jadeinchains

I knew it! ...If it actually happens lol, But It seemed like Geralt was getting mentioned a lot, This is really cool, I wonder how they'll do it?

....And yeah..How will he look..I hope he still looks good In the game..

Lol if he looks like witcher 1 version! XD

mTFw9O4.jpg

Please no.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Eh. Never really cared for the Witcher personally, but cool.

Have you played The Witcher 3?
Because I didn't care either until I played The Witcher 3...and it to me is now the best game of this whole generation.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Me knowing the fact that Geralt is the guest character.
0fab9e8efb143b409edd540bf2f4ae8bcaaeda5a26c4f049501f56b3072b1027_large

Wake me up when we get someone interesting like William from Nioh

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Breathtaking graphics. They've outdone themselves I think.

Yeah, just look at the chin, it is made of 8 whole polygons, that's incredible compared to the like 4 polygons of the regular character models in the game.

I'm not even kidding, lol. You can literally count the polygons by the angles of Mitsurugi's chin:

miturugi_critical_edge03_20171121_1513341420.jpg

@Everyone picking on Geralt: He's actually a great character and he's got a great sense of dry humor with a lot of snark. At first, having never played the games, I too thought he's got the charisma of a sleeping pill, but that's actually far from the truth.

Brute

Standard Donor
Geralt's a good character. That said, his swordplay has never been exceptional, IMO, so he wouldn't have been my first choice. Still, I'll take him over Link or some fuckboy from Final Fantasy.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
My Geralt didn't sleep around, he was loyal to the beautiful and lovely, raven-haired sorceress Yennefer von Vengerberg.

VengefulOrderlyBactrian-size_restricted.gif

That's the only canon line of events actually...

They imo should also throw in Ciri, if they already bring Geralt to SC6. That being said, I hope there is no system exclusive BS, where only the Xbox and PC get Geralt whereas the PS4 gets Ciri. Or even worse, where only PC and Xbox get Geralt and PS4 owners get some Sony exclusive that I don't care for, like Kratos or a Hunter from Bloodborne...or William. :/

Jadeinchains

My Geralt didn't sleep around, he was loyal to the beautiful and lovely, raven-haired sorceress Yennefer von Vengerberg.

VengefulOrderlyBactrian-size_restricted.gif

That's the only canon line of events actually...

They imo should also throw in Ciri, if they already bring Geralt to SC6. That being said, I hope there is no system exclusive BS, where only the Xbox and PC get Geralt whereas the PS4 gets Ciri. Or even worse, where only PC and Xbox get Geralt and PS4 owners get some Sony exclusive that I don't care for, like Kratos or a Hunter from Bloodborne...or William. :/

Yennefer took a little trip to Scotland to visit Hogwarts and master the art of "magically disintegrating clothes magic" Looking back I'm not sure why I chose the other woman...what was her name? Trish? Anyway yeah Ciri would be great, Not sure how they'd both work both looks wise and fighting wise in SC but it would be cool to see. We would probably get a witcher stage too then, I can't think of where they'd place it? One of the cities maybe? Touissaint? I hope there's no console exclusive stuff with the guest characters though. Also there was mention of a female guest character as dlc but who knows with all these rumours going around.

Also I'd actually be fine with a Final Fantasy character but really only certain ones...Like Lightning, I wouldn't really want Cloud tbh.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yennefer took a little trip to Scotland to visit Hogwarts and master the art of "magically disintegrating clothes magic" Looking back I'm not sure why I chose the other woman...what was her name? Trish? Anyway yeah Ciri would be great, Not sure how they'd both work both looks wise and fighting wise in SC but it would be cool to see. We would probably get a witcher stage too then, I can't think of where they'd place it? One of the cities maybe? Touissaint? I hope there's no console exclusive stuff with the guest characters though. Also there was mention of a female guest character as dlc but who knows with all these rumours going around.

Also I'd actually be fine with a Final Fantasy character but really only certain ones...Like Lightning, I wouldn't really want Cloud tbh.

Yennefer is by miles the more interesting and rewarding love interest in the game. Her banter with Geralt, extra quests and stuff like the stuffed unicorn, which she will even bring to your house in Toussaint, are hilarious.
The ginger-haired one is named Triss.

Oh, lemme think about what Witcher 3 location they could use as a stage...
The market square in Novigrad:

1438592404_the-witcher-3-panorama13.jpg

...which reminds me of stages in SC4 an SC5.

Then the courtyard of Kaer Morhen:

815884.jpg

And last but not least the very iconic Crookback Bog:

39964499604_7c78f9719c_o.png

Eh no ? Geralt has a ugly mullet and looks old and William has a cute pony tail and is more badass
What am I reading...?! @__@

Geralt is fiiiine...

LDrmS3S.jpg

Witcher-3-Geralt-Portrait-Reclining.jpg

He knows it too...

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Wow, game looks so good! I bought all three games cheap from a sale on Steam and I want to play from 1 to 3, but I haven't even touched the games yet.

To not go off-topic, I'm hyped for Talim coming back, she was one of my mains in SC4.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow, game looks so good! I bought all three games cheap from a sale on Steam and I want to play from 1 to 3, but I haven't even touched the games yet.

Imo The Witcher 3 is the only game you really need to play of those. 1 and 2 aren't even half as great, at least 1 is very dated by now, and you don't need to worry about missing anything regarding story or characters. The Witcher 3 is a selfcontained story and most is either explained or you can read it up in the archives of the game.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Imo The Witcher 3 is the only game you really need to play of those. 1 and 2 aren't even half as great, at least 1 is very dated by now, and you don't need to worry about missing anything regarding story or characters. The Witcher 3 is a selfcontained story and most is either explained or you can read it up in the archives of the game.
Nah just a strange urge to play them all. If I get bored of both 1 and 2 I'll move to 3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD