Soul Calibur Thread

CFW

I knew it! ...If it actually happens lol, But It seemed like Geralt was getting mentioned a lot, This is really cool, I wonder how they'll do it?

....And yeah..How will he look..I hope he still looks good In the game..

Lol if he looks like witcher 1 version! XD

mTFw9O4.jpg

Please no.

I want him to look exactly like this. I like want this specific model ported over if he is the guest character (I hope he isn't).

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Damn y'all really roasting the poly count :rolleyes:
It is what it is I'm just glad this universe is being revised. May not have my Setsuka this time round but I will be more than satisfied once I see my bipolar bad bihh
And moonwalk legend reborn at last.
:bradwong:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Geralt kinda does make sense. He was my 4th choice for characters with weapons.

Better to have a guest that makes sense rather than one that doesn't really make sense. (*cough Noctis in T7* *Naotora DOA* *Yoda previous entry*).

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Damn I hope this game will run and look fine on Xbox One S and won't dissapoint like Tekken7 and DOA5 is old so ALL I have is SCVI

SCVI is being run on the same engine as Tekken 7 and by pretty much the same developer. Unfortunately the 2 Namco games are going to look fairly similar. But yes, Tekken 7 is a complete abomination on Xbox One. I don't know how that port passed quality assurance.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Damn y'all really roasting the poly count :rolleyes:

We imo all should do that for Bandai Namco to maybe consider changing something. I'm normally no one who simply calls game developers lazy, because game designers actually work their asses off, they are often underpayed and on top of that their jobs aren't secure at all.
In this case it is pure laziyness. They try to shamelessly sell us 10 year old assets again, which they could update in just several hours if they wanted.
The recycling would even be kinda okay (developers do that all the time) if it wasn't that obvious and if the character models would still hold up (like the female DOA5 models), but in SC6's case you can literally count the polygons in as important places as the face or the hands or the weapons. :/
Fans loudly complained about character models/graphics in other fighting games like Injustice 2, King of Fighters XIV, Street Fghter V and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. That actually lead to developers at least attempting to rework models/graphics. In some cases it was more obvious and successful than in others...
But for that to happen there actually has to be a properly sized backlash. There just isn't with Tekken and SC fans. They just eat up what they get served and, as I saw in other forums, they even make up excuses for Bandai Namco themselves. *smh*

Damn I hope this game will run and look fine on Xbox One S and won't dissapoint like Tekken7 and DOA5 is old so ALL I have is SCVI

We should already be able to predict that SC6 will have the exact same problems that Tekken7 had on Xbox One. A really low resolution (around 720p), making it really blurry, dialed back graphical fidelity and long loading times. Unreal Engine 4, which is used here yet again, is problematic on weaker consoles, especially in games that have to also run in high, locked framerates of 60fps.
UE4 however performs great on powerful PC hardware and that is what they were primarily developing and optimizing Tekken 7 and now SC6 for.
It's telling that again they refuse to show us console footage till the very end, only feeding us maxed out PC footage, mostly in 4K. And it doesn't even look that good on there...*sigh*
I'm glad I own a PS4 Pro, then I can at least play the game in standard 1080p resolution. If it reaches only 1080p on Pro, the more powerful Xbox One X will probably reach 1440p.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Damn...
Ok I still hope for the best guys but should maybe prepare for the worst. :confused:

Yeah, better do that. :/
There is a little spark of hope that maybe they learned a couple of things from Tekken 7's development and since Soul Calibur 6 so far actually looks graphically less elaborate than Tekken 7 (it imo really looks stylistically simpler and less detailed) they might have a little more headroom to optimize it better for consoles this time.

Shirataki Tsume

There just isn't with Tekken and SC fans. They just eat up what they get served and, as I saw in other forums, they even make up excuses for Bandai Namco themselves. *smh*

That's one of the main problems I always see from the Tekken community. The fanboyism is excessive. They defend whatever the devs do as if they're doing the right thing and say the game is perfect when it obviously needs improvement in so many ways. They're like sheep led by a bad shepherd.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The game doesn't look good to you? That's unfortunate.
The game looks okay, it could’ve looked better.
Welcome to modern game design where efficiency and appeasing shareholders is everything.
^ literally greed over quality
You say on a Dead Or Alive website....
Yeah I say that on a DOA website. DOA looks better in terms of character models. They could’ve made the SC characters look better, just sayin’.

Argentus

The game looks okay, it could’ve looked better.

^ literally greed over quality

Yeah I say that on a DOA website. DOA looks better in terms of character models. They could’ve made the SC characters look better, just sayin’.

I was more commenting on how DOA5 managed to look way worse than DOA4 outside of the girl's faces haha

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Except that Eddy leak was like a couple weeks before he was officially revealed, and was legit a shitty photo taken from some reveal trailer they had for him at some shady event. The difference is that there wasn't a guy saying he had sources for each leak, because the eddy was a stone cold old-school ass leak lmaooo

Michael Murray does tend to talk a lot of shit though to cover up so......

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD