Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The official The Witcher Twitter account just tweeted:

"Kaer Morhen’s old stones have witnessed many battles... Once more they'll feel the sting of sparks as blades collide... Check back tomorrow."
https://twitter.com/witchergame/sta...io/iframe/twitter.min.html#973937807373819907

This already sounds so much like Soul Calibur...I guess mentioning souls would've been too obvious, lol.
I knew they'd go for Kaer Morhen as the stage. ;)

Jadeinchains

The official The Witcher Twitter account just tweeted:

"Kaer Morhen’s old stones have witnessed many battles... Once more they'll feel the sting of sparks as blades collide... Check back tomorrow."
https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/973937807373819907?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#973937807373819907

This already sounds so much like Soul Calibur...I guess mentioning souls would've been too obvious, lol.
I knew they'd go for Kaer Morhen as the stage. ;)

:eek: So...from the sounds of things It could be tomorrow that we might get a reveal of Geralt and Kaer Morhen?!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What a surprise!

K0XqD.gif

Geralt looks pretty cool! :) I'm glad he actually turned out to be the big guest character of the game.

Edit:
The game looks so grey and washed out in this trailer though...

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I wished they used the PS4, so we could know what it actually looks like.

That's exactly why they don't show us the PS4 version, lol. We would be seeing what the game actually looks like (for the majority of buyers of this game.)

Anyway, they also revealed the box art of the game:

91Vy4B2wRoL._SL1500_.jpg

Visually cool looking cover, but I do have a problem with Geralt being featured this prominently on it. It feels cheap. As if they need Geralt for this game to succeed. As if they completely lack vision beside making this game popular to the masses. :/
I do realize that guest characters were featured on SC covers since SC2 though...

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I think they should’ve added Kilik or nightmare or Groh to the cover. Gerald feels out of place in this trailer, like the story will mainly revolve around Geralt and Mitsurugi.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
idk bout everyone else but The Witcher is way more well-known in my area than Soul Calibur is so this could help lol.

The Witcher has become relatively fast much bigger than Soul Calibur. Alone The Witcher 3 sold more than 25 million copies, which is insane. It's based on a popular book series, more wellknown in Europe than the US though, and a Netflix series is also coming soon. It's definitely a big deal and a by far bigger deal than Noctis in Tekken 7 for example.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Ahhh... Looks like SCVI bagged itself a Witchah! :)

That's exactly why they don't show us the PS4 version, lol. We would be seeing what the game actually looks like (for the majority of buyers of this game.)

Anyway, they also revealed the box art of the game:

91Vy4B2wRoL._SL1500_.jpg

Visually cool looking cover, but I do have a problem with Geralt being featured this prominently on it. It feels cheap. As if they need Geralt for this game to succeed. As if they completely lack vision beside making this game popular to the masses. :/
I do realize that guest characters were featured on SC covers since SC2 though...

Boxart does look awesome and agree that Geralt is maybe a little too prominent, but if you compared with Tekken 7's cover, Namco really wants this game to succeed with the typical Western gamer. Hence the "badass", "edgy" looking cover.

Interesting that Xianghua's SoulCalibur is featured in the logo (along with Nightmare's Soul Edge).

*Still keeping fingers crossed that this game can look decent on the PS4 Pro*

Radiance

Ahhh... Looks like SCVI bagged itself a Witchah! :)

Interesting that Xianghua's SoulCalibur is featured in the logo (along with Nightmare's Soul Edge).

*Still keeping fingers crossed that this game can look decent on the PS4 Pro*

Goody eye, didnt catch that. Although I always thought Xianghua's Soul Calibur was its true form or originally referenced until Sigfried followed by Alpha Patroklos

Jadeinchains

Geralt looks great and so does the stage so that's good, It was discussed for a long time If he'd be in the game so It's good that It's finally confirmed now, I wonder If that's the reveal for this month or not?

Also...This is what Taki's outfit is going to be when she's revealed tbh
JK, But imagine If it actually was lmao. Please no though.
SCGirl.jpg

Edit: Oh btw I just saw this, It's Geralt's art.

DYVQyC0XUAAodyr.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD