Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just to let guys know, the San Francisco tournament starts five hours and is said to give us "great insight" about the game. Please let it be character reveals!

I rather think they'll give us more insight into how Ivy and Zas and especially Geralt play, maybe also show off the two new stages. We haven't seen much of those characters and stages beside their trailers so far. Makes imo not much sense to reveal other new characters before showing those off. Also, Geralt was the March reveal and the next reveal will likely be in April. It's always around the middle of each month.
That being said, I would never say no to new characters or stages being revealed. ;) That would be awesome, especially if it were Yunseong...

Nyte

I rather think they'll give us more insight into how Ivy and Zas and especially Geralt play, maybe also show off the two new stages. We haven't seen much of those characters and stages beside their trailers so far. Makes imo not much sense to reveal other new characters before showing those off. Also, Geralt was the March reveal and the next reveal will likely be in April. It's always around the middle of each month.
That being said, I would never say no to new characters or stages being revealed. ;) That would be awesome, especially if it were Yunseong...
I think they said Ivy and Zas aren't in this build.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
That being said, I would never say no to new characters or stages being revealed. ;) That would be awesome, especially if it were Yunseong Hwang...
Fixed ;)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think they said Ivy and Zas aren't in this build.

See? It's even worse! XD

tenor.gif

Nyte

A special event with Kayane and Markman will be streamed tonight at 7pm cali time; maybe we'll get a reveal. But this will showcase the newest characters; ivy, zasalamel and that one guy no one asked for. Tune in if interested.

https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous
I thought they said Ivy and Zas wouldn't be there? Anyways, what do you mean no one asked for Geralt? He was very highly requested to appear in this game as the guest.

Argentus

Having played DOA & Tekken where there's a lot of fancy juggling, I didn't really see it much in Soul Calibur. That will probably take some getting use to for me. (Also a pro, since now neutral and poking game can possibly be an important factor compared to someone who can look at combos and do that without knowing the game fully).

This is the part that caught my interest.

I only played the previous SC's casually with friends, because when i tried to go online ranked i'd run into like, Ivy infinite juggles and shit.

That said, I'm still waiting to see a character I give a shit about. I'll probably just use a Create A Soul instead like usual
Juggling in Soul Calibur isn't as important. You can get some juggles, but you mainly beat players off buttons. You mainly go for stuff that leads to a hard knockdown in a guaranteed follow up while grounded or setup. The game revolves around movement, reads, and positioning more than anything. Either you have neutral or you don't. Can't worry about combos until you've understood your character. Juggling in this game is made for tech rather than just outright damage or general flash. Of course, they might add more launch height to where you can become more creative, but it's not like what some are wanting.

This is seriously how juggles SHOULD be handled, imo.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I hope they don't dare to cut Siegfried in this... :/

Edit: Eugh, it's Geralt with a hard g, just like in "get". I thought everyone would know that by now, lol.

Edit 2: Eugh again, It's an old build...without Ivy, Zas and Geralt... :/

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
ok, they improve the character details a bit

They did not. The character models are the exact same and this demo is an older build of the game...

Still, I'm now interested where exactly you see an improvement? ;)

Jadeinchains

*Yawns* lol It's so late I might fall asleep soon, I'm wondering If they'll show anything at this event, I feel like though that If I go to bed It will be like.......Oh I actually just heard one of the announcers say that this is the final fight of the stream but the way he said it seemed as If they weren't showing anything beside that so I'm guessing there won't be a reveal at this. Watching the fights was cool though.

HHH816

They did not. The character models are the exact same and this demo is an older build of the game...

Still, I'm now interested where exactly you see an improvement? ;)

nah, might be because i watch it before from youtube, thing seems more clearer in twitch.

plus i can see the pool of water at the stage

Tyaren

Standard Donor
nah, might be because i watch it before from youtube, thing seems more clearer in twitch.

This video by Digital Foundry is in pretty good quality (for a Youtube video). DF always looks that their videos are as little compressed as possible:

Over on Gamersyde you can see the trailers with little to no compression at all, I don't think they have pure gameplay though:

http://www.gamersyde.com/game_3992_en.html

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD