Soul Calibur Thread

Jadeinchains

Storymode:

Release date: 19.10.2018

Awesome that was good timing, And yep so this year in October. :D It looked cool. And yeah I guess I'm not totally sure on Sophitia's although she does look a bit better, With Xianghua though it is a big difference and she does look much better now.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lizardman, Cervantes and Inferno also confirmed in the new trailer.

So purdy, this game:

J7PffLU.jpg

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Awesome that was good timing, And yep so this year in October. :D It looked cool. And yeah I guess I'm not totally sure on Sophitia's although she does look a bit better, With Xianghua though it is a big difference and she does look much better now.
OCTOBER IS THE RELEASE DATE??? So that's only like 4 more months to go xD

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I know it's great to see that they are reworking the faces, She looks so much better now, And yeah here's Sophitia who's also had changes.
gtpt8pt.jpg
The difference is really in the eye brows she has a more serious expression when she delivers this line. she’s one of the main characters so I’m sure she was the first they worked on not much to correct with her.

Xianchua looks a lot more proportionate and super pale now. still hoping for a darker skinned female.

Brute

Standard Donor
Visuals still look like like shit. But they do look slightly better.

As for the Story trailer, I think that was Inferno? He had no fire, however, so he might need a new name.
The announcer seems to grow more apathetic with each entry. Then again, I can't exactly blame him.

Jadeinchains

Okay so Astaroth, Cervantes, and Inferno pretty much confirmed by the trailer and we are possibly getting character reveals at Namco's conference in an hour. Also it seems to be that the story will be from Soul Blade to SC3.

Shirataki Tsume

I'm a bit disappointed with the new HUD to be honest. I like the older HUD better. Well, I wish we can have the option to use the old one.

Look at those polygons from Taki's shoulders and that's PC graphics. So it wasn't exactly downgraded for the sake of consoles, that's just how it was from the beginning.

They really need to change the sound effects IMO. Slicing someone with a sword doesn't sound as satisfying as Soul Calibur IV or V.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
SOULCALIBUR VI Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz or equivalent
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Legacy GPUs: GeForce GTX 660, 750 Ti, or equivalent)
  • RAM: 6GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • HDD: 60GB free space
  • DirectX: Version 11
SOULCALIBUR VI Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5 GHz or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1060, or equivalent, or higher
  • RAM: 8GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • HDD: 60GB free space
  • DirectX: Version 11
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/a...-system-requirements-4k-60-fps-gameplay-video

Also...story art by Hiroaki!
Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/soucalibur-vi-launches-october-19

a.png

Derock

Whoa!!! The story's artwork!!! But... (I'll still get it regardless) Seung Mina better be in this game!!!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Look at those polygons from Taki's shoulders and that's PC graphics. So it wasn't exactly downgraded for the sake of consoles, that's just how it was from the beginning.

Of course it has nothing to do with PC or console power. Polygon models are actually some of the least demanding aspects of graphics. It's textures, shaders, lighting etc. that can get very demanding. That's why you mostly see cutbacks there on consoles compared to PC. The polygon models are bad because they simply reused models from Soul Calibur 4, which is now 10 years old, to cut corners.
Team Ninja at least took the old DOA5 models (which still hold up well today in part) and gave them a nice polygon and texture boost. It's less than I was hoping for...but, welp.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Wait, in the Story trailer section with all the 2D frame images, is that Lizard-Man with the classic sword & shield back?

Team Ninja at least took the old DOA5 models (which still hold up well today in part) and gave them a nice polygon and texture boost. It's less than I was hoping for...but, welp.
I mean, if their competition was Tekken/SC, they probably didn't feel like they needed to try all that hard. Still, I can't help but feel that Nioh's visuals look much better than DOA6's, and that shouldn't be the case.

Shirataki Tsume

Of course it has nothing to do with PC or console power. Polygon models are actually some of the least demanding aspects of graphics. It's textures, shaders, lighting etc. that can get very demanding. That's why you mostly see cutbacks there on consoles compared to PC. The polygon models are bad because they simply reused models from Soul Calibur 4, which is now 10 years old, to cut corners.
Well damn... The only thing that has graphically improved in SCVI is the hair textures, specifically for the ones with dark hair (brown and black). The skin textures have improved, but only slightly. The modelings...didn't. Tekken 7's modelings look better, and I never found that game to be graphically appealing on when it comes to the textures and color vividness on arcade/console graphics, only on PC.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
In case if anyone's worried, the story will be a combination of both 2D artwork and 3D cutscenes.
I'm not worried XD Story just isn't much a factor anymore in games, plus they can't animate everything, as long as it's not all sketches with only 1/5 3D scenes im good

I'm a bit disappointed with the new HUD to be honest. I like the older HUD better. Well, I wish we can have the option to use the old one.

They really need to change the sound effects IMO. Slicing someone with a sword doesn't sound as satisfying as Soul Calibur IV or V.
I'm actually happy that the game uses UE4 and looks somewhat the same, I was growing tired of this idea by alot of people that SC6 would look like leagues better than T7 or other games when it became obvious it was gonna go the UE4 route like other games. Either way I like the visuals, it looks refined but familiar which I feel is more important than just photorealistic graphics. Plus it kinda looks a bit like Tekken so it'll be fun comparing the two at release day with pics and such XD All in all I'm satisfied with how the game looks, I'll definitely be using my tax money share to buy a ps4 pro so I can get even more out of it too:)

And they probably will let you change sound effects, SC5 and SC lost swords had an option to do that in the options menu IIRC

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I mean, if their competition was Tekken/SC, they probably didn't feel like they needed to try all that hard. Still, I can't help but feel that Nioh's visuals look much better than DOA6's, and that shouldn't be the case.

I think Team Ninja considers Nioh their premiere franchise now and so they put more effort, time and money into it. Nioh's great success proved them right.
Instead of fully concentrating on DOA6, they've now split the team and recources with the development of Nioh 2.
DOA6 being announced as just an E3 side note and Nioh being announced with great fanfare on Sony's press conference also says a lot...

Last edited:

Shirataki Tsume

I'm actually happy that the game uses UE4 and looks somewhat the same, I was growing tired of this idea by alot of people that SC6 would look like leagues better than T7 or other games when it became obvious it was gonna go the UE4 route like other games. Either way I like the visuals, it looks refined but familiar which I feel is more important than just photorealistic graphics. Plus it kinda looks a bit like Tekken so it'll be fun comparing the two at release day with pics and such XD All in all I'm satisfied with how the game looks, I'll definitely be using my tax money share to buy a ps4 pro so I can get even more out of it too:)

And they probably will let you change sound effects, SC5 and SC lost swords had an option to do that in the options menu IIRC
I want Soul Calibur VI to look good because it's a game that I want to have. I know game play is more prioritized than anything else, but graphics add life and beauty to the game, just as much as the soundtracks.

Soul Calibur IV looked good during its time, the sound effects are good, the game play is good despite how slow it was compared to SCI to SCIII, but the soundtracks were kinda...lifeless, which didn't add excitement when playing it.

I never played Lost Swords because that game is only on PS3 and I'm on Xbox, so I don't know. All I know about that game is that they brought back some of the old characters that weren't in SCV and the move sets were greatly improved.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD