Soul Calibur Thread

Shirataki Tsume

What??? I loved her face in SC4, real talk she looked better than even Sophitia, she had that PERFECT bitchy face and I loved it when me and my sister did our Sophie versus Cassandra(that's who she mains) and I got to see that bitchy face <3 Plus it helps she has a couple of Lili's attacks as well so xD
No... That's just you as usual.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No... That's just you as usual.
Well she isn't for everyone xD They kept the faces as is for the returning characters so I don't think they'll do much to Cassandra. Seung Miina and a few other girls I can see them changing since alot of the girls in SC4 looked similar, like Miina and Tira and Setsuka all had similar faces imo. They'll probably soften Cassandra a bit since she always seems to have that sarcastic type smirk expression on her face, it doesn't seem to change much in SC4

I also hope they'll give her her old SC2 outfit back, I preferred her hair in a normal bob cut opposed to the layered look they forced on her in SC3 imo

Derock

All I ask is for Seung Mina to return. Hell, I want all of the cast from Soul Calibur 1 plus Li Long (wishful thinking) back! Everyone kept asking for SC2 and up cast like Talim but I want the cast from that one game that became #1 fighter in history by rebuilding the graphics from its original arcade version, amazing soundtrack, tons of features and unlockable content that came out on the Sega Dreamcast. Without SC1, the rest of the sequels wouldn't be as memorable as it should be.

Shirataki Tsume

Yeah, Soul Calibur I was amazing. Still arguably the best Soul Calibur game. Shame it didn't get the same popularity as Soul Calibur II because it wasn't as widespread; it was only on arcades and Dreamcast during that time while Soul Calibur II was on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, and arcade.

I didn't play Soul Calibur I on the Dreamcast since I never owned a Dreamcast and I never knew its existence during that time. I played it on the Xbox 360 because it was available on the Xbox Live Arcade.

Unpopular opinion but I loved the stages in Soul Calibur I more than in Soul Calibur II.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Considering most if not all of the main story mode is retelling Soul Calibur 1 I think it's pretty safe that most of SC1 cast will return hell if it wasn't already obvious every character revealed so far is pretty much using a current redesign of their SC1 costume.(Taki is basically her Soul Edge costume)

Seoung Mi Na is very likely in that regard, also there's the fact she was possibly leaked by ESRB rating "characters using spears"(could easily mean story mode NPCs but she is way more likely)

Shirataki Tsume

Considering most if not all of the main story mode is retelling Soul Calibur 1 I think it's pretty safe that most of SC1 cast will return hell if it wasn't already obvious every character revealed so far is pretty much using a current redesign of their SC1 costume.(Taki is basically her Soul Edge costume)
With a few differences, apparently. Maxi's outfit in Soul Calibur VI looks a lot like his SCII outfit because of the short sleeves and the pointed "tails" at the back of his outfit. His SCI outfit looks a lot like the one in SCIII and SCV but with longer "tails" because it's long sleeved. Honestly, I would prefer his long sleeved one.

I guess Xianghua as well because her outfit in SCVI looks a lot like one of her costumes in SCIII. Not sure about Yoshimitsu, but he looks like it. I barely pay attention to Yoshi.

Last edited:

Derock

Seoung Mi Na is very likely in that regard, also there's the fact she was possibly leaked by ESRB rating "characters using spears"(could easily mean story mode NPCs but she is way more likely)

About that, because of the recent story trailer, now the story goes up to SCII (because of complaints of Talim fans, we already got Zasalamel returning and I don't mind him returning since he should had been included in 5). If that's the case, the developers should've said so when they announced the game.

For the leak, it could implied Mina but it can implied Hilde too (and I don't know why because at the time frame she's a preteen(?) -I don't have 4- while Talim and Amy are not even near puberty). I'll be pissed if they brought her back because it's telling us that she's that important but Mina, Hwang and possibly Yunsung aren't because their goals and journeys are "slight off" the main storyline?

The only one I will give a pass is Cassandra because she was around the series as NPC since day 1 before her upgraded role.

Radiance

Considering most if not all of the main story mode is retelling Soul Calibur 1 I think it's pretty safe that most of SC1 cast will return

Was that confirmed? on stream during the ceo exhibition markman started the timeline will jump back and forth from 1-5. That said, I don’t think it guarantees who we’ll see as they can pretty much choose whoever. Pretty sure at least one SCV character will make it. Betting on ZWEI or Viola.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Talim is back, looks like her SC2 costume I think(?)

She seemed to have a growth spurt...

a96d4f2d88bc621f9b82212ca27156de.jpg

mN_MUxzxmi782_8hNs0-b0_uGtCT0-T18F_x5MX_zYTSDrsGFxpmGChv7xfNWUH23jYyr3ZYH_FA3F0XJlBFIKWl1AuEzqyS_5dgmVyTKtfL_uNizhtUmPcjIvAC9NgXyh2gdldV9Qk=w653-h947-no

...or her costume considerably shrank. >__>

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Double post but new trailer

Talim is back, looks like her SC2 costume I think(?)
She looks great!! I love her artwork too, she's no Amy but she still looks great <3
SOULCALIBUR-VI_Talim_Artwork_1530779376.png

The exposed thong underwear tho:oops: also that's a merge between her SC2 and SC3 gear in regards to the hat and shorts, the color scheme seems lifted from SC4 tho

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Glad to see Talim back. Always had a thing for her as a fan besides the others that I'm usually high on. They're doing a good job displaying character trailers with not only the traits that fans would like them to have, but also displaying the play styles for each character. Actually have gotten a little bit of info on character difficulties from some players I've talked & listened to in their competitive scene.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD