Soul Calibur Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Because tier lists are a complete waste of time to begin with. They don't give any real competitive edge, they don't teach... and now players are basing their lists off of whoever Sonic Fox dominates with at whichever given tournament. Another reason I love Sonic Fox... he's destroying the idea that tier lists matter at all in any game.

What's the word Tira is blocking on the left... is it faults? :p

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The landscape for tier lists in SC is definitely changing.... I remember back when Taki was a high tier and Mina was a low tier in SC4, Sophitia also used to be top in SC4 but the way they reworked her moves and nerfed some things I feel definitely hurt her, plus I kinda dislike how alot of her horizontals are highs and the mid ones she does have are either slow or unsafe xD but then again I don't care much for tier lists, I use who I like regardless of how bad or good they are

Also have you guys seen this Ivy throw camera glitch?

You can replicate it consistently like I did xD idk if it's still in the game tho after the latest update but I took a ton of pics tho

Radiance

Yeah think im going to pick up Raphael and probably go back to voldo until Setsuka returns. Cervantes is fun but I love raphs gimmicks

Atahotaku

I'm the only one having problems with the 2nd round of the Reversal Edge not picking what I chose? Like chosing Vertical and clashing, then kick in the second round and my opponent vertical but my character use guard instead and gets guard crushed? It's a fucking bullshit

just_me

Standard Donor
I'm the only one having problems with the 2nd round of the Reversal Edge not picking what I chose? Like chosing Vertical and clashing, then kick in the second round and my opponent vertical but my character use guard instead and gets guard crushed? It's a fucking bullshit

Well, the answer to that kind of question is always “Nope, you are not the only one”, but I encountered the issue on several occasions, too. Not sure either what exactly causes the problem… maybe pressing too early, or just trying to mash it out? I think it doesn't register anything and then falls back to the default action, which is guard.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The devs need to hurry up and drop 2B before interest for this game gets lower xD This reminds me of T7 when they promised that DLC but it took 3 months to come after release

Also I'm trying to learn Seung Mina since I feel like I'm fluent enough with Sophitia to move on to someone else who is different from her, does anyone know like some optimal go to combos from her launchers and CH stuns? I have an idea of what to do but she has so much possibilities I kinda get lost and don't know what to follow up with

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
The devs need to hurry up and drop 2B before interest for this game gets lower xD This reminds me of T7 when they promised that DLC but it took 3 months to come after release

Also I'm trying to learn Seung Mina since I feel like I'm fluent enough with Sophitia to move on to someone else who is different from her, does anyone know like some optimal go to combos from her launchers and CH stuns? I have an idea of what to do but she has so much possibilities I kinda get lost and don't know what to follow up with
Seong Mi-Na discord.
https://discordapp.com/channels/475775911472398337/488461294970601488

UpSideDownGRUNT

That's the consensus of most players, RE needs a rework because right now it almost ruins the game. "Hurr Durr just git gud and side step" isn't a fix for a weak mechanic.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Reversal edge imo isn't that bad, it's really reactable, like when I see it in start up, a nerve in my head is like "SIDESTEP" and I just would do that xD they could make it unsafe tho, or at least only allow a clash from a fully charged RE only

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD