Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thank you Tyaren! And is this tournament just another popularity poll? If so, then yeah the newer characters will lose. Dampierre was only added on the psp version of SC4 that hardly anyone owned for example, of course he's not gonna make it in. XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Thank you Tyaren! And is this tournament just another popularity poll? If so, then yeah the newer characters will lose. Dampierre was only added on the psp version of SC4 that hardly anyone owned for example, of course he's not gonna make it in. XD

Yeah, they seem to try to engage more with the fans with stuff like that now that there is the anniversary and they don't even have an announcemnt for SC6. >__<

13680559_1134024853307512_4212937772237245763_n.jpg

Of course Siegfried has to win this thing!

By the way...seeing these two German names I wonder if they will pronounce Hilde in SC6 correctly again. In SC4 they did it right: "Hil-day" (day not very pronounced though) but in SC5 they pronounce in wrongly as "Hil-duh".

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, they seem to try to engage more with the fans now that there is the anniversary and the don't even have an announcemnt for SC6. >__<

13680559_1134024853307512_4212937772237245763_n.jpg

Of course Siegfried has to win this thing!

By the way...seeing these two German names I wonder if they will pronounce Hilde in SC6 correctly again. In SC4 they did it right: "Hil-day" but in SC5 they pronounce in wrongly as "Hil-duh".
I'm not gonna lie, I honestly like ZWEI's design in SC5 over Siegfried's, I dislike how they they aged him up, he was much better at 23 than age 40. :-/ Plus I prefer fantasy design over armor anyway.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I also liked Siegfried better before. His crystallized armor was sooo cool:

04_siegfried_schtauffen.jpg

I kinda liked his casual look in SC5 though:

b833f0e7aaea8fe7701c44bc937919ce191bda5c6bd2b665088380dd504907da.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think I read a while back that the reason they kinda toned down the designs and simplified them was so that Cas characters wouldn't look so primitive and glaringly mediocre next to them, that was a major issue in SC3 and 4, since the default characters had way more detail and better texture in their clothes.

I hope for the next popularity poll they do Sophitia vs. Pyrrah...I love both of them, but Sophitia I like just a bit more.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I hope for the next popularity poll they do Sophitia vs. Pyrrah...I love both of them, but Sophitia I like just a bit more.

No wonder you like Pyrrha, you also like Naotora... >__> She seems overall to be one of the least favorite though. I hope she isn't even born in SC6.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No wonder you like Pyrrha, you also like Naotora... >__> She seems overall to be one of the least favorite though. I hope she isn't even born in SC6.
I can't help it <_> I just like apologetic attackers/characters forced to battle, they're the most relatable imo next to the more angsty and reserved ones like Amy. And yeah, she's not a very popular character but she's not really bottom either. from what I saw on the poll a year ago, she was about mid average placement, way more than her brother Patrokolos could ever hope to be.

Oh that reminds me, I love Pyrrah Omega, hate her unsafe style but love her personality.♡ @Project Bokuho bite your tongue...0_o

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I think the only thing that saves Pyrrah from being a complete flop is her character development in the SCV story.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I honestly love pyrrah, her character type is just not for everyone. Most people prefer the more stoic and brave character type which I find somewhat boring.

YBNDM

I like all character types (although I do prefer the more mature women). I dunno why, but to me Pyrhha just doesn't do the "I'm sorry" thing right, Naotora does it much better. I still like her much better than Patroklos tho.

This tournament thing is odd, Idk why they're doing it.

SilverForte

Think Taki is going to win the poll, I've never been a fan of her but everyone loves the Ninja with giant tits.

Wonder why Patroklos isn't on there, oh well everyone hates him anyways lol. I love him, he's such a troll.

Anyways, patiently awaiting some kind of announcement for VI, hopefully Cassandra comes back!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want Amy and Sophitia back so bad, this has to be the next installment. I'll be awfully disappointed if it turns out to be just another killjoy.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wait so a new game might me revealed in just two days! I hope it is so very much, its been such a long wait.

That's what quite a lot people are thinking since Bandai Namco has been hinting at something that would be considered big news. But they might also just troll us again. They have been hinting at something for over half a year now... Though this year is the series 20th birthday it would be such a shame and I would be hugely disappointed if they don't at least announce a new game.

Jadeinchains

Well I really hope that they do reveal a new game because that would be disappointing if they made it seem like they might and then don't. I'd be fine with just a trailer showing a few of the most popular characters, Then we could know that it was in progress. I wonder if they've just started work or if they might have been working fofodr a year etc but just didn't say.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well I really hope that they do reveal a new game because that would be disappointing if they made it seem like they might and then don't. I'd be fine with just a trailer showing a few of the most popular characters, Then we could know that it was in progress. I wonder if they've just started work or if they might have been working fofodr a year etc but just didn't say.

I would even argue that they've been working several years on it already. They had time enough. After SCV the team didn't really do anything but limited work on that awful free to play online thing.
Imo it is Tekken 7 holding them back. Damn Tekken 7! D:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If this turns out to be another tease, I'll be very disappointed. Maybe they did pull a Final Fantasy type thing and have been working on this since Lost Swords was a thing....that money had to be going somewhere, and although it was essentially a waste, a lot of players spent hundreds on the content. They should have plenty of revenue by now to make the game AND more. :-D

Jadeinchains

I would even argue that they've been working several years on it already. They had time enough. After SCV the team didn't really do anything but limited work on that awful free to play online thing.
Imo it is Tekken 7 holding them back. Damn Tekken 7! D:

It would be great if they have been working on it for years and when they show a trailer it will already be a long way through development, Maybe then it would get a release date for next year?! ( I'm probably being to optimistic as always though XD )

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD