SC6 DLC:

1528853956881-png.49344

SC5 DLC:

latest

SC6 DLC:

img_asobistore.png

SC5 DLC:

latest

Yup, I'm officially boycotting this ugly, shameless rip off.

Jadeinchains

SC6 DLC:

1528853956881-png.49344

SC5 DLC:

latest

SC6 DLC:

img_asobistore.png

SC5 DLC:

latest

Tyaren snapt! So you really won't be getting it now? :eek:
I have to admit it is strange how they are selling like that, Also I guess this is also our first look at cas, So you can change the stage you are on again?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Why is Bandai always making US fans pay more for the season pass with the CE? Tekken 7 had the Season Pass in Europe and Japan but not US and its the same with Soul Calibur 6...

This decision makes no sense to me at all.

just_me

Standard Donor
They still didn't reveal the final character count, did they?
The E3 build had 23 slots (+ 1 random). Given that the release is not too far off I'd assume this is already the final layout and controls for the 3 Season Pass chars… so 20 chars on release?

And will there be alternative outfits? The latest build still only had 2 colors per char and I don't remember seeing any alts in other promo stuff… so I kinda suspect different outfits might be CAS only…

18 SCIV models + Groh and Geralt doesn't sound exciting at all…

Hayabusiness

Maybe this time the game won't suck balls, and it'll be good just like the good old times, without any reused content and ugly SC IV graphics, slow gameplay and edgy new charac---

They still didn't reveal the final character count, did they?
The E3 build had 23 slots (+ 1 random). Given that the release is not too far off I'd assume this is already the final layout and controls for the 3 Season Pass chars… so 20 chars on release?

And will there be alternative outfits? The latest build still only had 2 colors per char and I don't remember seeing any alts in other promo stuff… so I kinda suspect different outfits might be CAS only…

18 SCIV models + Groh and Geralt doesn't sound exciting at all…

SC6 DLC:

1528853956881-png.49344

SC5 DLC:

latest

SC6 DLC:

img_asobistore.png

SC5 DLC:

latest

.... T-thanks Bamco.....

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Maybe this time the game won't suck balls, and it'll be good just like the good old times, without any reused content and ugly SC IV graphics, slow gameplay and edgy new charac---

.... T-thanks Bamco.....
It's pretty sad imo to not get a game just because it doesnt meet one's elitist graphical expectations imo. The game looks fine imo, it reuses assets and looks similar but so did SC5, and DOA has long since done that and it seems to be the case for DOA6 as well xD

I'll be getting the game but won't buy any of the bad looking DLC, I saw that new Ivy DLC which is basically an old SC5 DLC and looks unflattering so I won't be getting that one. But all in all people wanted SC6 and now they got it xD

Hayabusiness

It's pretty sad imo to not get a game just because it doesnt meet one's elitist graphical expectations imo.

It's not just "graphical expectations". I couldn't care less about the number of polygons and horsepower, I am a person who is far more into the art style of a game, and IMO, SC has gone down the shitter with IV (and you could see it begin in III) in that department.

If Soul Calibur's problem was just graphics I'd happily play it again as more than a videogame Barbie simulator. The issues here are far more than the game looking like SCV with more colors.

SCV was on a budget, so I begrudginly accepted its shortcomings, the worst one being lacking a lot of fighting styles from the previous games.
But this looks Soul Calibur V 2: Electric Boogaloo... I mean, I can still go back to play V, no need to pay 60€ to buy it again. If the character creator is the same as V then that's even less of a reason to buy it.

I also did not particularly want a SC VI myself, because V was more of the same slow clunky SC IV gameplay, only with less characters and my most favorite being turned into a mimic character.
But you know seeing it was a reboot I kinda expected VI to finally surprise me again.

Shirataki Tsume

Soul Calibur IV was like a mix of good and bad. If you liked Soul Calibur I to III, you wouldn't like Soul Calibur IV. When I played Soul Calibur V, it seemed like a huge step down and it made Soul Calibur IV more acceptable and likable.

Well, Soul Calibur V was a good Soul Calibur game for some people (some people like it more than Soul Calibur IV), but a lot of old fans disliked it. Soul Calibur V was not only disappointing to the old fans because of the missing favorites, it didn't stay true to the series; it was a 3D weapon-based version of Street Fighter because they have those mechanics that look similar to Street Fighter such as the meter, Brave Edge which was their version of EX moves, and super moves.

They also made the Guard Impact system obsolete because it relied on meter, that's why most high level players rely on Just Guard a lot more. Guard Impact is one of the most important mechanics in the series and it got ruined really bad in Soul Calibur V.

Soul Calibur I and IV was where the Guard Impact system was at its best. Just Impact was optimized in Soul Calibur IV because Just Impact in Soul Calibur III was kinda weak, knowing you can just Guard Impact an incoming move instead of being forced to repel it with Just Impact as well.

The move sets for most characters were cut down by about 40% in Soul Calibur V. Ivy and Mitsurugi lost one of their stances. 8-way run moves take a longer time to come out because they added several frames of startup after the 8-way run movement.

Just take out movement counter hits please.

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

Would be weird and disappointing to have a story about all the games without Raphael. I know character DLC will be a thing and maybe they will also add their story to the existing ones, but still...

Shirataki Tsume

Yun-Seong, Seong Mi-Na, Amy, Raphael, and Cassandra are the only ones left that I've been waiting. I hope Cassandra will have her Soul Calibur III face because I didn't like her Soul Calibur IV face.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yun-Seong, Seong Mi-Na, Amy, Raphael, and Cassandra are the only ones left that I've been waiting. I hope Cassandra will have her Soul Calibur III face because I didn't like her Soul Calibur IV face.
What??? I loved her face in SC4, real talk she looked better than even Sophitia, she had that PERFECT bitchy face and I loved it when me and my sister did our Sophie versus Cassandra(that's who she mains) and I got to see that bitchy face <3 Plus it helps she has a couple of Lili's attacks as well so xD

Cassandra_SCIV_2P.jpg

Seung Miina imo had the best pose and face tho, she was the epitome of Korean bitchy who would shove that staff up dat ass if you didn't talk to her nice XD
Mi-na2p_001.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD