Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Same, I don't mind buying anyone but Amy I would have no issue with since she's the queen of SC. Plus She's never really been a staple character tbh, it was only because she was very popular in SC3 that the game devs actually branched out and made her into an "original" character even tho her voice is a create a soul voice and she only has one costume that's recolored in SC4 xD

Setsuka Will come as well but tbh I'm not all that into her, she's beautiful and I love her story(The whole wanting to avenge her master whom she loved and her being a foreigner in a place that had disdain for non Japanese people touched me) but I feel she's over hyped and that ruins her for me, she's the most difficult character in the game but yet almost everyone suddenly wants her to return... Yeah right xD but I can tell who does genuinely want her back so she's welcome, I just want her robe costume and her Mary Poppins outfit since that outfit was pure bi icon in SC4 <3

soul-calibur-4-pantallazo-setsuka-2.jpg

Well ofcourse now I can. When I was younger and didn’t have a debit card, dlcs used to bother me greatly. And they still do when it’s done like this

If you wanted to support the game after release, make new content like characters creation items, make a new story on libra of souls, don’t carve out content/characters of the main game.
Making legacy characters DLC is wrong and greedy. Why can’t you see they are pushing the envelope with every release trying to change the status quo, this year it’s 2/3 legacy characters are DLC. In 10 years time we will be buying games at full price for only 2 characters and the rest will be DLC. Because every year you will accept the bullshit narrative that games are just too expensive to make! At some point we have to put our foot down
It's hard to make completely new content when your company isn't popping that much revenue wise, that's why the models at their core still look the same and why alot of stuff was reused, even tho I see no issue with bringing back old items. And it's not that deep tbh, I think you should call down like Ashlotte would say. Gaming will never get to that point, unless it pulls a CF from DOA5 and gives you the 4 core characters and allows you to buy most of the rest of the game. And It's not that the game is too expensive to make but you forget SC6 doesn't have the budget like that to make certain decisions. It's not the too dog of Namco like T7 is, yes people were mad Anna wasn't in but they bought her regardless so I don't see why be annoyed when they do bring back a character but just add a cost to it, games can't really afford to makw characters free anymore, TTT2 did that and that game's support died since the only revenue was from Tekken music and Tekken movies(which no one bought) you could purchase

Pn33milan

Now, we won't reach that point

I accept dlc characters because they are the only kind of dlc i'd really like to buy.
I don't care about costumes, unless i have 2 euros to spare in my psn wallet XD
New story chapters would be cool, but also very unlikely to happen -_-

Truth

I think you should call down like Ashlotte would say. Gaming will never get to that point,

Just like gaming was never going to get to the point of implementing pay to win microtransactions in full price FPS right? And then Battlefront II happened. I don’t even understand why you would say with confidence that the industry will not get to that point, when we are clearly only going in one direction. In 2018 we have full priced games with free to play monetisation models, that would never stand 5 years ago. The extortion is only intensifying.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Just like gaming was never going to get to the point of implementing pay to win microtransactions in full price FPS right? And then Battlefront II happened. I don’t even understand why you would say with confidence that the industry will not get to that point, when we are clearly only going in one direction. In 2018 we have full priced games with free to play monetisation models, that would never stand 5 years ago. The extortion is only intensifying.
There's no pay to win modules in Fighting games tho so I don't see the correlation you're trying to make. And it's not extortion xD The game isn't forcing you to buy characters or content either, it's entirely optional

Truth

There's no pay to win modules in Fighting games tho so I don't see the correlation you're trying to make. And it's not extortion xD The game isn't forcing you to buy characters or content either, it's entirely optional

No pay to win... for now. Just like there was no pay for legacy characters on release 5 years ago. Do you have even the tiniest bit sort of foresight given the patterns we have witness already? Jfc

Pn33milan

In fact EA games are selling less than ever nowadays, because people started to realise that they were testing their patience way too much.

Foreshadowing a game that does awful business practice doesn't necessairly mean that's going to be the standard. It still depends on the gamers' attitude towards that.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah like DOAX3 tried to pull something like that but they got immense backlash and because of that TN changed their game plan in regards to that xD

and besides that even if Cassandra and Setsuka or Tira did make it in the base roster, there would still be complaints since alot of other characters are missing like Hilde and Hwang and Project Soul can't just add everyone in at one time xD

Pn33milan

anyway, i've never been a huge Setsuka fan.
i like her design in SCIV and her weapon, but that's it.
her personality and backstory have always been a little too basic to me. not to mention her gameplay, which is a huge turn off for people who already are not that interested to the character.

having said that, i'd still understand if they brought her back over Amy. she still has a more original fighting style and doesn't have many complications due to her age (i'm pretty sure that's gonna be the reason they'll give for not bringing Amy back -_- ).
i guess we still have to consider the possibility of a season 2, if the game does sell well. but, if their idea was to bring back all of the "essential" characters with the base roster and season 1, then i'd try to add a last character in the base roster.
the fact Hwang was in that leak which included Azwel makes me think that could have been their idea at the beginning

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think that'll be the case for Amy xD Raphael and Talim both appear in SC2 which takes place a few years after SC1 and Tira is in SC3 so I think their appearance will be based from their game debut. Amy is already like 9-10 so there shouldn't be much an issue including her, and they can always retcon her bio, like Tira used to be small in bust size but now look at her xD if they can change small details like that, who's to say they can't do her age? It's unknown anyway(I mean she is 9-10 but Japan doesn't want us to know that outright xD)

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
So DOA6 is now the only fighting game that has the staples with Time Attack and Survival Modes included?
Well....I guess PS did this because of these options:
- Arcade mode may already have a time based rank system (like SC4's arcade mode), so a time attack mode in general is kind of unneeded at this point.
- Survival? They probably put more work into both Story mode and Libra of Souls, so there might not have been enough time to add this one unfortunately (I loooove playing survival).
- Limited budget because of the higher ups from Namco (something beyond Project Soul's control).

Best suggestion?
- Tweet to Bandai Namco US/EU asking for the modes to return (hopefully for free) or wait and see.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So DOA6 is now the only fighting game that has the staples with Time Attack and Survival Modes included?
SFV and T7 have modes that the with survival and time. And there could probably be an unlockable game mode as well if it isn't final yet since idk if SC6 actually has let anyone play the absolute final version of the game yet

Derock

SFV and T7 have modes that the with survival and time. And there could probably be an unlockable game mode as well if it isn't final yet since idk if SC6 actually has let anyone play the absolute final version of the game yet

Let me rephrase it:

I'm talking about upon release. SFV only have Survival which was ridiculously hard past Normal and didn't get Arcade Mode until its major update came out after 2 YEARS! Also, no Time Attack (for some reason, SF4, and some extend, Alpha 3, were the only ones that had it, excluding the EX series). Tekken 7 doesn't have any Time Attack and Survival modes and it was the first franchise that started it with Tekken 2. That game is currently not as good as it suppose to be content-wise (but better than SFV). Not even sure if Harada and the Tekken would ever decided to include those modes as DLC/Season Pass, whatever because those modes should had been worked on and included in the game when it was heading to consoles and they had 2-3 years to work on it!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Let me rephrase it:

I'm talking about upon release. SFV only have Survival which was ridiculously hard past Normal and didn't get Arcade Mode until its major update came out after 2 YEARS! Also, no Time Attack (for some reason, SF4, and some extend, Alpha 3, were the only ones that had it, excluding the EX series). Tekken 7 doesn't have any Time Attack and Survival modes and it was the first franchise that started it with Tekken 2. That game is currently not as good as it suppose to be content-wise (but better than SFV). Not even sure if Harada and the Tekken would ever decided to include those modes as DLC/Season Pass, whatever because those modes should had been worked on and included in the game when it was heading to consoles and they had 2-3 years to work on it!
Tbh I don't think Tekken and most other fighters really need Time attack mode tbh, most games nowadays likely will just combine arcade and time attack since they're basically the same nowadays, DOA5 didn't even really need an arcade mode since there's no endings, the only difference is arcade is about points rather than time xD T7 imo doesn't really a time attack mode since arcade functions as TA, and treasure battle is basically survival mode, but the AI is stupid and doesn't really have much challenge.

SC6 I think will likely be the same but who knows what they'll add over time if the game gets support?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I didn't do anything tho, I tried to just leave the disagreement alone but then he just up and calls me a "bitch"

That phrase can have a massive range of social implications ranging from playful acceptance to hostile dismissal. This is the internet with text, so I'm giving a non-warning warning to simmer down first. And I'm addressing both of you because interactions involve a minimum of two people. Truth knows what he did.

Pn33milan

Well, i think time attack and survival are too archaic nowadays.
I mean, some people may still consider them a staple of the genre, but how many people really play them? And i'm also talking about the offline players.

Time attack, nowadays, is just an other arcade mode, just without endings.
Survival... I don't know about others, but i have always hated it, if the game requires me to play 100 matches in a row or stuff like that -_-

The only offline mode i wanted SC to bring back was SCV's ghost battle, because i can choose how many people i want to face. However, this libra of soul mode seems to be basically the same thing.

About the arcade mode, i'm still not fully sure it's going to have endings, considering every character has his own story in the chronicle.
They still have to give you a reason to play through an entire ladder, tho -_-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD