Starting to train with Sarah, what do I need¿

Lulu

Yeah that's what I meant about those combos being highly impractical. You should stick with the information that people give about Sarah / Pai and not worry too much about completing those combo challenges.

I was going to do that before I ran into my issue with 66K..... thats where the deal breaker is. Unlike the challenges 66K is an important kick... she just isn't viable for me if I can't use it properly.

KING JAIMY

I was going to do that before I ran into my issue with 66K..... thats where the deal breaker is. Unlike the challenges 66K is an important kick... she just isn't viable for me if I can't use it properly.
She has plenty of other good moves (think of 3PK, 6KP, 2P+KK, ''PPP'' strings, 6H+K, 4K, etc.). Even though 66K is indeed important, you can still be viable without that kick.

Lulu

She has plenty of other good moves (think of 3PK, 6KP, 2P+KK, ''PPP'' strings, 6H+K, 4K, etc.). Even though 66K is indeed important, you can still be viable without that kick.

Nope..... I need 66K.... its better than all those options..... I can't play her and ignore a genuinely good move just because the input for it is rendering it almost useless. Thats like playing Tina without using 46T..... its possible but what would be the point...

That reminds me...... what does "Bread and Butter" mean ?
Like, fundamental combos that you will be doing all the time.

Like with Bob in Tekken, you will do db2, d2+3, f1, ff2 into bound into finisher after almost all launchers. So if you were to learn that combo, you'd be well off as him for the most part. I'm wondering what kind of combos Sarah has are stuff that I should touch upon that are used so much.

Lulu

Like, fundamental combos that you will be doing all the time.

Like with Bob in Tekken, you will do db2, d2+3, f1, ff2 into bound into finisher after almost all launchers. So if you were to learn that combo, you'd be well off as him for the most part. I'm wondering what kind of combos Sarah has are stuff that I should touch upon that are used so much.

Oh..... well I guess that term doesn't get used around here often because of a vatiety of Factors that force you to change how you do your combos. Or maybe it does..... despite what my title says I've only been around for about a month.

Anyway.... Sarahs Combos....... I honestly don't know what to tell you, the weight classes will have you using different variations of her Juggles.

I think Sarahs Juggle Structure will atleast look like this most of the time. (Performed at Critical Burst/Threshold)
:1: :K: or :3::P::+::K: (common Launchers..... but there are others)
:3::3: :h::+::K: (Sarah's best Relauncher)
:3::P::K: (Transitions into Flamingo)
:3::P: or :P: (Transitions out of Flamingo)
:4::h::+::K: (Rebounce Properties)
:6::6::h::+::K: (Ender)
Thats what the most basic of her juggles look like and you'l have to slide in a couple of moves or remove some depending on the opponents weight and the Enviroment.

Lulu

Okay so quick update.... I'm still trying to complete Sarah's bounding relaunch combo challenge and I've ran into a new problem.

I've been trying a new Dash Technique :3::3::3: and maybe one more :3:.... anyway its success rate isn't any higher or lower than the things I've tried but the problem I'm having now is when I tried to kick cancel Sarah's Spear Kick combo:3::3::H+K::K::h:.... the game only registers :H+K: and :h:..... for some reason it threw away my :K: input. At first I thought this happened because I mapped :H+K: to a trigger and holding it down for too long coincided with my :K: input. So I remapped it to the right bumper..... and I can say for sure that its not registering my :K: input at all.... which is stupid, why put a combo that the game itself has can't tell if I'm pressing a button or not.

Lulu

Finally !!!!
Completed Sarah's combo challenge...... now I can main her with Piece of mind.

Calintzsan

Finally !!!!
Completed Sarah's combo challenge...... now I can main her with Piece of mind.

Well seeing as how you got it now, I was going to say that doing :3::3::3::h:+:K::K::h: makes it easier than just dashing up because it initiates quicker that way. How I do it is that I input the three :3: presses really fast and I don't really focus on how many I press to be honest. I know I get three of them in there, but as soon as I see her crouch dash, I go for the rest of the combo. It comes out pretty easily once the :3::3::h:+:K::K::h: becomes second nature to you.

Lulu

Well seeing as how you got it now, I was going to say that doing :3::3::3::h:+:K::K::h: makes it easier than just dashing up because it initiates quicker that way. How I do it is that I input the three :3: presses really fast and I don't really focus on how many I press to be honest. I know I get three of them in there, but as soon as I see her crouch dash, I go for the rest of the combo. It comes out pretty easily once the :3::3::h:+:K::K::h: becomes second nature to you.

LoL..... I labled that challenge as the Invisible Wall Combo since that doesn't need me to dash.... ;)
But maybe I should master it..... I tried different variations of it but that specific one does the most damage.

Calintzsan

LoL..... I labled that challenge as the Invisible Wall Combo since that doesn't need me to dash.... ;)
But maybe I should master it..... I tried different variations of it but that specific one does the most damage.

Lol, indeed. After using Sarah for a while now, I was able to dash up and do it no problem, but doing it the crouch dashing way is definitely easier. I can tell you that when you bounce an opponent from a standing position, you can use her :4::h:+:K: to do a bound and then go from there and use a :3::3::h:+:K::h: if you so desire.

You can definitely go for mastering it, it doesn't hurt.

Lulu

Lol, indeed. After using Sarah for a while now, I was able to dash up and do it no problem, but doing it the crouch dashing way is definitely easier. I can tell you that when you bounce an opponent from a standing position, you can use her :4::h:+:K: to do a bound and then go from there and use a :3::3::h:+:K::h: if you so desire.

You can definitely go for mastering it, it doesn't hurt.

I don't think that one works..... Kasumi's legs don't Flop in the air long enough to get :3::3::h:+:K: to connect..... it seems like it wants the big flop from :6::H+K:

Calintzsan

I don't think that one works..... Kasumi's legs don't Flop in the air long enough to get :3::3::h:+:K: to connect..... it seems like it wants the big flop from :6::H+K:

I gotcha. I use that tactic after a CB, so the bounce effect might last longer when under a critical stun situation. I don't have a problem when it's that way. Also depending on how soon you use her :4::h:+:K: to bound from a juggle, it'll affect your ability to follow up after that. Weight classes matter, but I've always been able to pull it off with any weight class if you hit that bound kick just before they touch the ground, which keeps them in the air slightly longer. I'm not sure if that property applies to a ground bounce situation. I might have to test that one out later.

Calintzsan

I should also clarify that if you do the bound move from a juggle, her :3::3::h:+:K::h: is perfectly doable right after that. I do it quite often against characters like Kasumi and such. I'll still check the bounce situation though, but I know you can do it that way.

Lulu

I gotcha. I use that tactic after a CB, so the bounce effect might last longer when under a critical stun situation. I don't have a problem when it's that way. Also depending on how soon you use her :4::h:+:K: to bound from a juggle, it'll affect your ability to follow up after that. Weight classes matter, but I've always been able to pull it off with any weight class if you hit that bound kick just before they touch the ground, which keeps them in the air slightly longer. I'm not sure if that property applies to a ground bounce situation. I might have to test that one out later.

LoL... I use :4::H+K: Immediately after I launch because I want always want to bounce the opponent iff the floor atleast twice.

I don't know how many hits it takes for it to not work..... for Jacky it only takes 2 to 3 air hits to prevent Flash Sword Kick number 2 from guaranteeing the second bounce.

Calintzsan

LoL... I use :4::H+K: Immediately after I launch because I want always want to bounce the opponent iff the floor atleast twice.

I don't know how many hits it takes for it to not work..... for Jacky it only takes 2 to 3 air hits to prevent Flash Sword Kick number 2 from guaranteeing the second bounce.

Yeah, I see that in a lot of Sarah players. I'm not too familiar with the circumstances in which you can continuously use her :4::H+K: more than once that a lot of Sarah players like to use (I.e., I'm not entirely sure if the strike-right-before-the-ground concept works the same way as it does when only using it once for a juggle), but I know that if you use that right after launching, you're killing the airtime from the bounce it makes by doing that. That is if you don't plan on using :4::H+K: more than once. lol

So take this combo for example:

After launch, :3::3::H+K::h:, :3::P::K:, :P:, :4::H+K:, :6::6::H+K:

To make sure the :4::H+K: lands with the best bounce effect, make the hit land right before ground impact to get the most out of it.

Lulu

Yeah, I see that in a lot of Sarah players. I'm not too familiar with the circumstances in which you can continuously use her :4::H+K: more than once that a lot of Sarah players like to use (I.e., I'm not entirely sure if the strike-right-before-the-ground concept works the same way as it does when only using it once for a juggle), but I know that if you use that right after launching, you're killing the airtime from the bounce it makes by doing that. That is if you don't plan on using :4::H+K: more than once. lol

I'm glad brought that up because Its important to be able to do both because bouncing with :4::H+K: will always trigger floor dangerzones if you happen to be standing on one..... unlike Jacky's which only seems to trigger floor dangerzones under certain conditions.
In the Lab Stage bouncing is always good because Sarah always picks up an extra ten points everytime the opponent hits the floor..... which Sarah can make happen 4 times if she can slip behind her opponent.

But in stages like Home and Temple of the Dragon it can cut your combos short since the floor will cave after only two bounces.

I have no idea how it works on The Blue Tiles in The Dangerzone.

Calintzsan

I'm glad brought that up because Its important to be able to do both because bouncing with :4::H+K: will always trigger floor dangerzones if you happen to be standing on one..... unlike Jacky's which only seems to trigger floor dangerzones under certain conditions.
In the Lab Stage bouncing is always good because Sarah always picks up an extra ten points everytime the opponent hits the floor..... which Sarah can make happen 4 times if she can slip behind her opponent.

But in stages like Home and Temple of the Dragon it can cut your combos short since the floor will cave after only two bounces.

I have no idea how it works on The Blue Tiles in The Dangerzone.

Good point. I never knew how much damage the Lab does, but then again I don't know anything in relation to frame data. I play spontaneously and without using frame data, since that works well for me. I will be learning that bit by bit over time though, but it helps that I at least know the properties of Sarah's moves almost entirely. Something I always found funny is that when I CB with Sarah, I reset the opponent with a low punch and then go straight into another pressure setup for another CB or a launch instead. Most players don't see the reset coming and react to it in time to defend or get out of it. lol This can work especially well in stages where bouncing is restricted (home, etc.).

Lulu

Good point. I never knew how much damage the Lab does, but then again I don't know anything in relation to frame data. I play spontaneously and without using frame data, since that works well for me. I will be learning that bit by bit over time though, but it helps that I at least know the properties of Sarah's moves almost entirely. Something I always found funny is that when I CB with Sarah, I reset the opponent with a low punch and then go straight into another pressure setup for another CB or a launch instead. Most players don't see the reset coming and react to it in time to defend or get out of it. lol This can work especially well in stages where bouncing is restricted (home, etc.).

LoL..... damn dude thats mean.... you should launch them and put them out of their misery. :eek:
Anyway you actually don't need to go beyond learning move properties...... the numbers are just for player's who curious.....

And with that said.... trying to decipher what Sarah's moves will do to the opponent is tricky sonetimes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD