DOA5LR Steam Discount Sale and Patch Announced

Team NINJA announced today the Steam "Monster" Sale has begun, and the Online Patch will arrive at the end of the month.

Dead or Alive Game said:
11111076_697272163710205_2651204979720178061_o.png
Steam "Monster" Summer Sale has just begun! 30% Off! Also Fun Theme Costume Set and Halloween Debut Costume Set are 50% off! One more.. Your wait's almost over! The Online Patch (Rank Match) will go live at the end of the month! Thanks for your patience!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/

Currently, the "30% discount" appears to be in addition to the existing 10% discount that was in effect due to Online Networking not being available. This means the game has a total discount of 40% off making the game available for $23.99 off - saving $16. The game is also not the only thing off as two of the four DLC packs have been knocked down 50% with the Fun Theme Set priced at $27.49 and Halloween Debut Costume Set at $32.49.

Also of note is the comment on the Online mode patch that was promised within 3 months of release. The comment in the parenthesis suggest that only Rank Match will be made available. So Lobby Mode shouldn't be expected. Thoughts on the patch? Personally speaking, Rank Match being the only online match type available takes me back to Dead or Alive Ultimate and Dead or Alive 4 online modes.

Last edited:
Sounded cool with the discounts and i was actually tempted to do it, until i read the second paragraph of this post. Being able to go into training lobbies was (and always will be) a big deal. I don't mean to be a downer, but if they decide to stop dooming it to fail, the sale that even makes it tempting will be over too. I doesn't matter who's at fault. It doesn't matter that the community's trying to be more positive. What matters here is that we're still being screwed (but only if we buy it).

If they don't say something about adding lobbies in later I'm just going to go ahead and get a refund. Not being able to choose who I play with is ridiculous for a fighting game released in 2015. Missing some stages and particle effects is one thing, but missing key online features when it's already been delayed is where I draw the line.

Sweet. I'm actually happy about this, because I've always rooted for having only Ranked Matches. This is how DOA was made to be, to strive for your GP's. :)

On the Steam Achievements listing, there are no achievements for making an online lobby or playing in an online lobby (such as there are on console versions).

No, people are jumping the gun again. I'm sure they're going to be adding a lobby system.
They jumped the gun several months ago when they suspected the PC version would not have the next-gen game features, too.

Oh wait, no they didn't.

Anyway, I'm not making any definitive assertions at this point, but between the press release, the achievement listing and the PC version's history, I'd have to be a fool to scrutinize anyone for being pessimistic.

Not having a lobby mode or at least any mode where you don't have to care about winning/losing (GP) would be a big disappointment. I can imagine that the online jargon would become even more unfriendly if something is at stake in every match. And yeah, not being able to chose who you can play with would also be pretty stupid.

So, let me see if I get this straight.
DOA finally gets a PC release, I'm super excited and convince several friends to get it, so we can have fun together in Lobbies, playing day in and day out.
But now, we have to play 1v1, and search each other up after each fight, which will probably be a bitch to do.. I don't know why I was excited for the Online mode, to be honest. It seems like the PC version is just one big disappointment after another.

However, I will not give up all hope, I still really hope we get Lobbies further down the road. If not, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this port (if I was not already).

My thoughts are that after 3 months (4.5 months after initially projected due to the game itself being delayed a month and a half) we should have full online functionality in addition to Danger Zone and Crimson.

Everything short of that is just another joke on this never-ending gag reel.

Thinking about it like that then I must ask..What in the nihilistic fuck were they doing for damn near 6 months(remember end of the month)? Did they say fuck the programmers and gave that money to the Battle Royale or something? I can understand a few slip ups from PC development awkwardness but this is getting pretty ridiculous. Some of us were REALLY exited about the influx of players due to a PC port(and the potentially superior netcode) but that's more or less a dead fish in a barrel at this point.

Except that it's super-late, already being months after the console release, which was over a year after Ultimate, which was a year after Vanilla.

This is late access. And it's still a feature-deprived beta.

In my experience, I think they didn't have any of the PC version ready by the time they announced it, and they were focused on the console release, and then the console patching for all the slew of issues. I imagine they actually wanted to release the PC version in the summer of 2015 due to not having any work on it, but some big wig felt it would be best if they didn't push the PC release back so far to have the best chance of purchases with a world wide cross console release. Being that people don't realize Team NINJA's hands are generally tied by the publisher 99.9% of the time, they don't think that someone outside of the team could have given the order to do something like that - and not properly staff the release to the platform cause you know Japanese devs and all.

Of course, this is purely speculation, I in no way have closed-door knowledge. Yup. Purely speculation on my part. For sure.

I'm speculating that your post was possibly a response to Goarmagon's, not mine, but I'll respond anyway.

have the best chance of purchases with a world wide cross console release.
Only that didn't include the PC version anyway, which wasn't even available at that time.

Being that people don't realize Team NINJA's hands are generally tied by the publisher 99.9% of the time, they don't think that someone outside of the team could have given the order to do something like that - and not properly staff the release to the platform cause you know Japanese devs and all.
I realize that the TN vs KT distinction is very important to those of you who have personal connections with some of the people involved with said groups, and understandably so. However, that's not really changing the validity of skepticism regarding what to expect from them product-wise.

When some said they did not believe the PC version would have next gen features (regardless who is strung up as the scapegoat), all the people who may possibly have connections to TN or KT told them they were paranoid. But, they were right. And now those same people are saying to expect lobbies in the PC version, when there's been no indication of them being a point of focus now or in the future, and that it's unfair to be pessimistic about the outcome. How does that seem logical?

I can understand objections to harsh "Screw you, Team Ninja!" type messages, but merely stating discontent with the situation and predicting a poor outcome seems like hardly something to discourage at this time.

Of course, this is purely speculation, I in no way have closed-door knowledge. Yup. Purely speculation on my part. For sure.
Well, maybe you can tell your "conjecture" to add the new stages along with online lobbies, at whatever undisclosed point your speculations are allegedly claiming they plan on doing that. Because surely these noble, well-intentioned schrondinger-esque beings can understand how dissatisfied many of their alleged customers feel. I don't feel like that's an unfair request.

I still dont get it why they didnt delay the release of the PC version more instead of releasing a half finished game ..

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD